[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do any of you know any good artists who combine traditional and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Depression_RRM_2T.jpg (289 KB, 600x561) Image search: [Google]
Depression_RRM_2T.jpg
289 KB, 600x561
Do any of you know any good artists who combine traditional and digital?
I love sketching and linework but I don't want to color tradtionally, I like digital color but want to keep the same sketchy line feeling and damn I have no idea how.
Do people even do that ever?
>>
>>2389351

https://youtu.be/vYEh0AeRVlc
>>
>>2389364
mah nigga.
thank you
>>
>>2389364
The part about works that are too visually perfect was interesting, spot on my thought but in more developed, thanks.
>>
File: 1416681693382.jpg (935 KB, 1920x2951) Image search: [Google]
1416681693382.jpg
935 KB, 1920x2951
>>2389351
>Do people even do that ever?

Of course, most comic book artists and mangaka who grew up before the digital era still draw and ink traditionally and then have it colored digitally.
>>
>>2389364
nice share anon
>>
>>2389351
check out feng zhus youtube, he has a thing where he does character concepts traditionally then colors them.
>>
>>2389399
I finished. The end is so deep, fuck i'm out from /ic/ stop making me feels like there are rules in art
>>
>>2389364
I'm going to watch this everyday until I git gud
>>
>>2389441
There are rules in art. That's how art has evolved over the centuries. That artist doesn't just draw however he feels like. He knows perspective, he knows about line weight, he knows how to ink his figures, he knows how to stylize them, how to draw realistic textures, strong expressions etc.

You are confusing creative problem solving skills with the fundamentals of art, which this artist understands very well. /ic/ never told you not to be creative when it comes to solving problems, as long as you don't steal copyrighted photographs or work of other artists.
>>
>>2389364
Unf that pen work.
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 428x726) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 428x726
Kieth Thompson.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.