[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No shame?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 71
File: wow.png (2 MB, 1800x1024) Image search: [Google]
wow.png
2 MB, 1800x1024
I don't care that people do this but that they lie about it is unforgivable. He says he spent 5-6 days on it
>>
>>2388954
Maybe he's just shit no?
>>
>>2388954
I guess the best thing is that he'll only get money from patreon or views/ads since he doesn't do commissions and would be completely useless in a studio/firm. So, atleast he doesn't have any real impact other than impressing normies.
>>
>>2388954

man lands on moon.
>>
>>2388954
I retouch photos for a living. I can clearly tell you that the whole figure was warped/transformed and you can clearly see the texture compression from the liquify tool on the side of her face.

That being said, he seems to have some retouching skills, even though they seem niche. He could put in some effort into that and make money in that business instead of pretending to do digital paintings.
I guess narcissism is a hell of a drug though.
>>
>>2388954
I want to learn how he did this.
So I can cheat as well.
>>
>>2388954
The people to blame most are the suckers that fall for it and support him.
>>
File: le jacksonville jaguars face.gif (2 MB, 236x224) Image search: [Google]
le jacksonville jaguars face.gif
2 MB, 236x224
Irakli is basically the "clock kid" of the art world.

If you want to get a glimpse of his real rendering skill, look at that mysterious flat dark spot between her stage-left armpit and elbow where he removed some of the drapery with a soft-round brush eraser and then it appears he drew in a shadow himself. Look at it and laugh because it's probably the one place he actually "painted" in the traditional sense.
>>
>>2389041
It's only easy if you understand how to paint and edit something. Grab a random image from google, open it in photoshop, liquify it a bit, then start painting over it without losing what's underneath it (unless you want to change that section entirely), meaning, lots of opactity play at low percentages (20-40%) mainly for cleanup and whatever edits you're doing, exaggerate lights and shadows, do some color changes through filters and curves, done.

Not saying that's what he did, but it's probably close to what he did.
>>
>>2388954
The most telling sign is the pixelation, artifacts and onion skin. That simply wouldn't be there if he had painted over the whole thing, but it shows up because everything but the face is simply a recycled jpg run through a filter.
>>
Why did he delete the other thread?
Was it because some anon was going to do the exaxt thing as good as iraki?
>>
Anyone good with foto forensics/error level analysis (ELA)?

I ran it through this site:
http://fotoforensics.com/

But I don't know how to interpret the results. It analyses the jpg compression somehow.
>>
>>2389121
run some actual digital pantings through it and some photos, then compare whats the main difference.
>>
>>2388954
What is this guys devantart/tumblr? I can't seem to find it
>>
Fuckers these days are even using photos in studies without any shame at all. A guy on level up posted a photo "study" of a woman smoking. Instead of painting the smoke (ya know, the whole point of the whole thing) he photo bashed it with smoke from another photo.
>>
>>2389121
it means the edges which were blurred stand out. The pasted in mouth, and the enlarged eyes also do. That's purely a difference thing. That tool is more for photos, where things such as the straight lines can point to photoshopping, but we already knew he did that with the eyes because of the super obvious lasso tool hiding.
>>
I can't believe /ic/ is still talking about this faggot
>>
>>2389203
but its fun.
>>
>>2388954
Why are normies/non artists so impressed by this shit???
>>
File: Untitled-1.gif (717 KB, 667x750) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.gif
717 KB, 667x750
>>2389083
>>2389041
Here's a picture anon, as an example. My liquify is not exact, but it's close enough. You could probably also throw in a bunch of lasso, copy/paste rotates and scaling to get the angles just right. Especially on the head.

Then you just paint over it.

I hope this has been very educational, anon.

>>2389203
I don't care about this faggot, I just want to teach anon how the cheating works. Amazingly, some people cannot do paintovers no matter how hard they try. I had a friend I kept trying to show and they just did not get how to make their colors and strokes match the photo. They wanted to understand how people did it, but it just did not click with him.
>>
File: 4698786.jpg (84 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
4698786.jpg
84 KB, 400x400
What if he actually painted it ?
>>
File: hello.png (612 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
hello.png
612 KB, 1024x682
>>2389429
People don't believe me either!
>>
>>2389238
Holy fuck; What a scum fuck, Good thing he got what he deserves.

Jk still on top of artstation.
>>
File: 1437352973219.png (224 KB, 575x540) Image search: [Google]
1437352973219.png
224 KB, 575x540
>>2389434
how mcuh for a print?
>>
I think he paints over photo first and then he paints on overpainted photo again and then puts overpainted photo on top of painted one
>>
>>2389429
I dunno dude, if you look at the top lip the details are literally identical yet the bottom dip, where the details are more sparse are different.
>>
>>2388954

How the fuck did everyone miss the fact that the face and chest don't match? Look at the thumbnail again. It's like this poor girl had a horrible accident so the worlds best future surgeons attached her head to the body of another girl who died and she just came out of surgery looking fucking gorgeous but her complexion hasn't evened out yet.

I'm guessing he had to leave it because there's hair lying on her breast bone and he neither had the skill nor the patience to cheat it.
>>
File: tepkok.jpg (34 KB, 500x273) Image search: [Google]
tepkok.jpg
34 KB, 500x273
>>2389470

holy fuck anon
>>
File: 141439398035.jpg (43 KB, 526x473) Image search: [Google]
141439398035.jpg
43 KB, 526x473
>>2389470
>>
>>2389429
Then it wouldn't have the jpeg artifacts from the source image.
>>
>>2389429
its impossibru to pain the hair
>>
>>2389455
But don't hyperrealists and even realist painters do that sort of thing regularly? I mean, when drawing, sometimes I manage to happen on something that looks really good, a happy accident. I've seen more impossible things done artwise, but the notion of this dude able to make such a... identical portrait, if that is the complaint, seems to baffle people.

Or make them angry. Either way, really cute girl. Honestly, I prefer her eyes smaller, otherwise she looks like a cousin of mine.
>>
didn't Linda Bergkvist get in a ton of shit for a whole lot less than this?

how times change
>n-no rules just tools
>muh vermeer
>>
>>2389820
wojtek fus plagiarized like a mad cunt and is now working healthily in the industry. so yeah, nothing matters anymore.

i would take any bet that i can make faux persona accounts everywhere, and bombard artstation/fb with 3-4 photobashed ultra lame cliche garbage pieces, while utilizing parts of other peoples work, and snowball that into a 10k follower facebook account and a career.

would call myself Mr. mister conceptfart
>>
File: aya.gif (715 KB, 400x519) Image search: [Google]
aya.gif
715 KB, 400x519
Notice how in these process gifs things move around as the artist tries to match the photo better.

This doesn't happen in nadars case. he starts out with everything in perfect placement and nothing ever changes. It just gets more and more rendered until shit matches up to the photo pixel by pixel.

This new painting of his is completely different than his others though. You can tell he took some extra effort to make things "different" from the photo by warping them around.
>>
File: asian_profile.gif (641 KB, 350x389) Image search: [Google]
asian_profile.gif
641 KB, 350x389
>>2389834
>>
File: GirlWIP.jpg (108 KB, 636x572) Image search: [Google]
GirlWIP.jpg
108 KB, 636x572
Nadar believes he is the ONLY and FIRST artist to achieve photo realism in digital art. From his own mouth.

No one else has ever done it according to him. Not even pic related
>>
>>2388954

where did he post this ? I didn't find it, is this some /ic/ circle jerk bait again ?

If he DID post this, then how the fuck isn't he getting called out by other popular artists and how can people be so gullible wtf.
>>
>>2389841
"popular" artists never want to stir shit up. Publicly at least. They will slam these fuckers within their inner circle
>>
>>2389834
>>2389835
These progress pics are neat. I always end up with a spooky mess and give up but if I kept working it would turn into something nice.
>>
>>2389826
>>2389820
Paintovers are desired in the industry. They don't want your construction skills, they want an idea, and they don't care how you put it together. Paintovers are fast, efficient and full of detail, thus, desired.

I quit being an artist because people kept paying me money to give them paintovers and I lost my mind. I wanted to draw, make things myself, not paintover photos and 3D models. I don't understand how other people enjoy paintovers, but they can gladly have my old job. Being an artist is balls.
>>
>>2389841
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/711839

The comments are full of people calling him out. That's where I got the 5-6 day quote
>>
File: irakli-nadar-head2.jpg (93 KB, 679x910) Image search: [Google]
irakli-nadar-head2.jpg
93 KB, 679x910
ayy
>>
>>2390046
>that neck
????
>>
>>2390046

is she ok
>>
>>2390064
a couple extra vertebrae nbd
>>
>>2390046
is that the will smiths kid?
>>
File: tumblr_msgjf4D7WE1s2d8b8o1_500.jpg (76 KB, 500x656) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_msgjf4D7WE1s2d8b8o1_500.jpg
76 KB, 500x656
>>2390046
to be fair, the model has a weird neck.
But why does his brushwork look like such shit in this one compared to others. Just look at that chest. Ew.
Also, it's funny to see how he did the sternal muscle without a reference
>>
>>2390046
>>2388954
What's the point of this?

I'm currently drawing and practicing 3/4 hours per day, why would I do that just to copy a photo? I'm not even saying that he traced over it or anything, but why make it the same? What's the point of the image? What was gained from it aside from praise for the person who did it? I guess it's slightly different than the photo, but still, why would you ever?

Seriously, there are people asking him for commissions, but commissions for what? Portraits? But why would you want a portrait that looks exactly like a photo? What's the point? I've seen many things about people who only do this, they take photos and they draw them and paint them dot for dot, and they end up exactly or nearly exactly the same as the original. What the fuck, what a waste of fucking time.

Am I wrong here?

I dong get it /ic/
>>
>>2390046
>That copy-pasted mouth he uses in every portrait

Lmfao
>>
File: shit man i dunno.gif (2 MB, 316x213) Image search: [Google]
shit man i dunno.gif
2 MB, 316x213
>>2389429
could be
i have a friend who got called a liar because her studies her so exact
except she spent the week on it and i, her roomie was there through process
>>
>>2390099
Niggas need Loomis t.b.h.f.a.m.
>>
>>2390128
faggots here think I trace everything.

Even then Nadar's process is fucking werid. It's just weird how everything is pixel perfect from the start and placements never change ever.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK9YzOdQqgo
>He paints the jpeg artifacts ahahaha
>>
>>2390186
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK9YzOdQqgo

Video is down
>>
File: irakli-nadar-artstation-da.jpg (288 KB, 1300x1300) Image search: [Google]
irakli-nadar-artstation-da.jpg
288 KB, 1300x1300
>>2390194
They took down the video lol. But I still had it open in another tab before they did.
It was a speedpaint of this hyper realistic brown loli portrait where all he did was throw a filter over it and pretend to paint.He had the balls to zoom in so you can see the jpeg artifacts while he "paints" in the exact same place as it is in the photo. Albeit a tiny bit more blurry.
>>
did someone somehow save the video ?
>>
>jpeg artifacts

Am I blind and can't see them? I guess I don't quite understand what you guys mean by that or where you see them, these images look clean to me. Could someone point out a few examples?

This guy definitely cheats though, for sure.
>>
I can't wait til the day when rest of the world know what a cheat he is.
>>
anyone wanna buy his 9$ gumroad process vid and upload it to cgpeers? would love to see it for the lulz of it but not gonna give this fucker 9 bucks.
>>
bet ya I can do a piece exactly like his in under one hour. consider me started around 10 min after posting this (gotta find suitable ref).

i think i've got his process down exactly just from looking at the pics.
>>
>>2390299
inb4
>it looks like pure shit, but i did it in just 48.7 minutes, if i'd bother to spend a whole hour, it clearly would be better than op
>>
>>2388954
OP what is the point of this, just stfu and focus on yourself you fucking pleb.

This type of thread achieves nothing.

So get off your ass and make something great.
>>
>>2390315
Nadar pls go
>>
>>2390315
drop it iraki
>>
>>2390309

yeah i actually gave up after about 15 minutes. i just don't care enough desu. it's not like there's any doubt that it's not painted (to me atleast, but go ahead and say dumb shit like 'hurrdurr you can't do it so how can you claim blabla).
>>
File: 1454997427874.gif (548 KB, 593x800) Image search: [Google]
1454997427874.gif
548 KB, 593x800
Super disappointed as I had liked his work at the beginning, but didn't see his references and thought it was done from scratch.
Here's some images from the old thread which was taken down.
>>
File: irakigross.jpg (126 KB, 353x506) Image search: [Google]
irakigross.jpg
126 KB, 353x506
>>2390364
>>
>>2390365
RRREEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>2389892
I don't think anyone really has a problem with the use of photos and existing art inhouse and behind closed doors, it's just odd to see it bleeding into personal artwork and its allowing for people with weak technical skills to get into "concepting". You can argue that understanding how to draw doesn't mean you can design well and thats certainly true, however I think theres more value to someone that has a good grasp on their craft over someone that produces a result akin to the webdesign photoshop tutorials.

The laughable outcome of Maciejs "different" concept pieces by his studios is a testament to this, people with little to no skill can get to the level of a veteran concept artist because of a workflow.

All that being said, I wonder when photobashing really started to be accepted, probably around 2012-13? I've got the original Assassins Creed artbook and its all hand painted or mesh paintovers, I think its a circular / self fulfilling issue.
>>
>>2388954
This shit is pretty funny. These are like the sad clown paintings of the digital art age. They're hilariously creepy. There should be a digital moba with a hall devoted to shitty uncanny valley paintovers.
>>
File: inglorious.jpg (79 KB, 571x320) Image search: [Google]
inglorious.jpg
79 KB, 571x320
>>2388954
When you put them next to eachother you can cearly see how retarded Irakli really is. Fucking inbred.
>>
>>2389429
then he's wasting his time
>>
>>2390383
>blah blah blah
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matte_painting
>>
File: vjghwpl3v3ws0vvplbzo.jpg (60 KB, 636x426) Image search: [Google]
vjghwpl3v3ws0vvplbzo.jpg
60 KB, 636x426
>>2390443
Ok?
>>
>>2389892
But that artist isn't expressing any ideas, you fucking retard, he's copy pasting an already existing photo.
>>
>>2390455
He's adding value to the pictures, you might not appreciate it, which is fine, but he's pushing further in so many levels the appeal of the photo with his stylization, as he's making it OBJECTIVELY more cute and sexy.

Why objectively? because what he's actually doing changes that makes her younger/healthier/more sexually available

That matters a lot, and that's all he's actually doing with great merit

It could be perfectly possible to acomplish without cheating, with only editing your reference first.. but his shady background, non-organic process behind these, and buthurt levels against critics points that he's an asshole trapped on a really big cognitive dissonance
>>
>>2390459
>got rid of attractive and unique bone structure
>added whore blush
>value in any of that
>>
>>2390318
>>2390324
Autism right there.
>>
>>2390459
It's actually a really failed attempt at stylizing her features. Especially the eyes don't fit at all and make her face look uncanny as fuck.

Also, you are moving your goal posts. You were saying paintovers are desired in this industry because clients don't care about construction, but want to see ideas. In that case, the photographer provided the idea, the artist didn't do anything with it other than minor touch-ups.
>>
Even the texture on the gloves/mittens whatever is the same. Jesus christ
>>
>>2390463
what attractive? don't you get it's younger, jaw bone grows with age, so it gets away 4 years with that, making it look more fertile as she's more young, and more femenine, as she's actually pretty square-face

if you wan't to make a face prettier, you have to avoid being realistic, or you're unliekely adding anything

if you're not into kawaii things it's gonna be cringe for you

but there's no discussion, it's popularity is consequence of that success at the things I'm pointing

moreover the fake skills he claims that makes it seem kinda extraordinary
>>
>>2390478
that wasn't me, I'm on your side with that
that's not related with industry things at all as it's not with cooking, so there's not much to discuss about that anyways
>>
>>2390487

>more young

kek
>>
>>2390459
>>2390487
>>2390488

Kill yourself
>>
>>2390383
it is interesting that the capacity for photobash/ 3d paintover has existed for about a decade+, as seen by compositors but we're only really seeing it become big in illustration/design over the last couple of years. what changed?
>>
>>2390619
Attitude toward it I imagine, in terms of generations you only really have to go back one school cycle to see where things changed. 2008~ you still had people like m@ etc still just painting, thats all you saw in all the toptier CA.org sketchbooks.

We've now got an agegroup of 20-24~ year olds that didn't have that, they look to artstation/dying cghub and see Eytan Zana and Shaddy with their confident/arrogant attitude toward these practices. You either copy them as they "pioneer" or you get no work, they're drinking that koolaid.

As someone thats been around since 2004 I see it similar to how people bought into Jason Manleys mantra when Massive Black started up, they thought themselves rockstars, it's rather amusing if you go back and watch the older tutorial videos they put out.

That and learning to draw is time consuming, if people can get good at copying quickly and it yields compliments then people will do that?
>>
>>2388954
if he spent about 15 minutes out of each of those 5 days on it then it might be true
>>
>>2390652
There is nothing wrong with proper photobashes like what Eytan Zana does. The end result looks nothing like the photos he uses. There is lots of actual design work done and the artist creates the composition himself, before searching for photos to fit it.

The problem lies with hacks who use the photo as the composition itself, without changing anything meaningful whatsoever. They don't do any design work, they just steal the work of a photographer and call it their own.
>>
>>2390673
I've nothing really against Shaddy or Eytan more how what they do gets misunderstood, all of the Naughtydog team that pushed that stuff forward are really skilled, Sweeney has fantastic sketches and Eytan has all his work from shit > now on his blogspot.

Theres a lot of people that are using the workflow to circumvent the actual work of learning to draw, jump right in and learn how to use adjustment layers ontop of fashion models. It's a method that can be taught as a simple photoshop tutorial and now all these people are "concept artists". I guess thats just how it goes?
>>
>>2390690

their concepts being pretty girls? nigga please

although knowing my luck the more i rage at these guys the more likely it is that the universe will want to have a laugh at my misery and make them get hired by top studios.

i swear i'm just waiting for that to happen.

fucking universe always pissing me off on purpose.
>>
File: Morales_005.jpg (72 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
Morales_005.jpg
72 KB, 720x576
>>2389806

People aren't "baffled" that he draws a hyperrealistic portrait. That stuff happens all the time. People are upset that he took such an obviously lazy way about making the portrait. Guys like Eloy Morales do hyperrealism the real way, instead of slapping some filters in Photoshop and calling it art.
>>
No shit, this guy is a cheat. This is not up for debate.

What we should be discussing is how best to expose him.
>>
>>2389429
Then he just wasted his time
>>
>>2390455
You're viewing this differently than I am, I see.

For personal work and showing what you can do, you don't need personal ideas, you just need to show you can paintover. The skillset is all that's necessary. When I say they want an idea, I don't mean they want your ideas, I mean they want to see their ideas. They don't give a shit about your personal ideas. Most of the ideas come from who's in charge, and they pretty much just tell you paste things together and make it look nice, to match an image in their head. None of the things I've ever painted over has ever been because of someone telling me to come up with something myself, it's because they wanted to see their own idea mashed together and I was a tool to make it happen. Concept artist was not my main job. I could just paint over, so I was given the job and it was convenient for them to keep giving me the job.

If someone lets you draw from scratch, it's because they're actually letting you think about it, and you're actually creating something. In which case, you're doing the right job and dodged the shit job.
>>
>>2389238

Thanks for the gif, after using liquify is the process to paint over the image?. How does this work exactly when it comes to paintover, as I have no idea how this works
>>
>>2390608
first time a faggot impersonates my nickname
>>
>>2389834
Who did dees?
>>
>>2388954
Suck it haters. He is just that good
https://youtu.be/7rXgFEskf2o
>>
>>2390961
>using a name on 4chan
nah, you are the real faggot
>>
File: 1447160114183.jpg (5 KB, 158x152) Image search: [Google]
1447160114183.jpg
5 KB, 158x152
>>2391119

I don't even know what to say...
>>
>>2391119

lol. might as well just pick pixel per pixel.
>>
>>2391119
The jumpcuts looks really suspicious.
And even if he is really autistic enough to copy a photograph down to pixels his work still lacks any value as a piece of art. Same goes for those people into traditional hyperrealism.
>>
>>2391119
>>2390205

This is the video I was talking about. You can literally see the jpeg artifacting
>>
>>2388954
The face on that girl is too masculine. Looks like Jensen Ackles/Dean from supernatural.
>>
>>2391144
>2016
>not liking girls with strong jaws
>>
File: agayman.jpg (31 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
agayman.jpg
31 KB, 300x300
>>2391144
>>
>>2391146
This

Ideally, get yourself a girl with a strong jaw and a feminine penis, senpai.
>>
>>2391119
Fuck off faggot, no is buying into your shit.
The background layer is a blurry mess full of jpg artifacts and chromatic aberrations. No one paints like this. If he actually did all that work honestly it'd just make him more retarded. The point of hyperrealism is to paint something that looks, you know, realistic, not like a low res jpg ripped off the internet.
>>
>>2391119
This makes it almost worse. Why the fuck would you waste your time like that.

Copying jpeg artifacts 1 to 1 at 500% zoom for days, without having any ownership of the end result.
>>
>>2391147
But now this guys looks feminine
Probably the eyes
>>
>>2390882
You start with putting all the photo resources together and liquifying, etc, in order to get it all set up. Photo manipulation is pretty much your composition and planning stage but you can always edit it more as you're painting if you find lasso, rotate, or more liquify helps its case.

Give it a proper background fitting for what you're trying to achieve, and then add shadows, highlights and gradients. Break up the objects in the photo with colors and shadows that match your image. Add in new light sources, such as strong rim lights, etc, and make sure they match all the objects in your scene. Add in some color correct when it's necessary, which actually should probably happen sooner rather than later. The point of the paintover is to unify the photos and make the picture look good and cohesive as a whole, as if it were a painting and not a photo manipulation.

You just then touch it up, clean up the pixels, focus on the details, make things clearer, keep adding things where it makes it pop out more, if you lose details, paint them back in or just overlay in a highpass layer, etc, whatever makes your shit look shiny, and you're done. Always paint on new layers and lower opacity and paint in low opacity, softbrushes to keep the original photo details intact and easier to paint over. It's meant to be a quick job, but you can easily spend more time on a paintover and have it look very, very painterly. Some people do however, do it to the point where the original photo is completely lost. I know one guy for example, who takes his own high res photos, of models he hires, throws his photos into photoshop, paints over them to the point where said person is now a humanoid creature and everyone thinks he does it the traditional way, when in fact, he can't draw the conventional way at all, and all he's good at is "editing".

How good the end result looks depends on how well you know how to use photoshop and how well you know how to paint.
>>
>>2391173
And around the penis
>>
>>2391119
Irakli pls.
>>2391130
>>2391142
>>2391143
>>2391154
>>2391164

Even worse, slow the video at 0.25 speed from the menu, what he does on canvas doesn't even match the layer hierarchy, even worse, he seems to be painting detailed hair or large skin areas on the nose and cheeks yet the layer is empty all the time.
>>
This is why you don't copy pictures. Seriously, draw something original.
>>
>>2391119
this should shut up all the retards claiming photobashing and fraud. yet their emotional investment, make them blind to the facts

>MUH JPG ARTIFACTS
fucking moron, do you realize youtube compression obliterates any possible jpg artifact visible?

>MUH EMPTY LAYERS
stupid retard, go learn some photoshop. he's clearly painting everythig in a single layer, the temporary layers are just for distorting small details, which go immediately flattened
>>
>>2391526
has he ever posted a process/gif/video from the actual beginning instead of with the initial block-in already done?
stuff like
>>2391119
is like posting a baking recipe with the ingredients list, prep & mixing all cut out and just starting at the oven
>>
>>2391526
Stop trolling anon, no one believes you.
>>
>>2391554
>being such ignorant on a digital painting board
the blocking at the beginning of the video is literally the first step for doing an autistic copy of a photo, only thing missing is when he filled his canvas with the base color

i know /ic/ just finished reading the very first pages of some loomis stuff, but you DON'T need to do sketches and construction at all if your only intention is to render a photo exactly as it is
>>
>>2391119
all we had to do was get a grid and draw pixel by pixel. who knew.
>>
>>2390619
Ego.
My generation would still trash print-worthy art because the craving for improvement was stronger than our ego. We didn't gave a shit if no normie ever liked us so long as our art got good reviews from people we admired or was paid for by business we were interested in.

Today, the art doesn't matter, only that people bow down in awe and people are willing to pull out every trick in the book and cripple their own development for likes/reblogs.

Digital collage has been a thing since PS and PSP have existed, but people didn't claim to be virtuossos because they could photobash until very recently.
>>
>>2391143
at what time frame ?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p4Anzm6T9Q
>>
File: nazar-noschenko-28.jpg (305 KB, 1500x2120) Image search: [Google]
nazar-noschenko-28.jpg
305 KB, 1500x2120
>>2390365
I keked so hard when Nazar posted this, showing irakli nadars pathetic and unjutified hubris.
>>
Why exactly do we keep bringing the topic of photobashing (and similar techniques) up — when at this point it's bluntly obvious that few "consumers" of the resulting product care exactly how it was done and even fewer "artists" care what someone on the internet thinks of their techniques?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-11-11-33-05.png (203 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-11-11-33-05.png
203 KB, 540x960
>>2388954
>mfw he could be mentally disabled and actually autistic enough to copy pixel by pixel. And painting the way in which he deals with it
>>
File: 1376393618229.gif (266 KB, 478x369) Image search: [Google]
1376393618229.gif
266 KB, 478x369
>>2391933
>wakka will never draw you like his anime girls

why live
>>
>>2390407
Well, he's a cheating fraud, but he knows he's just painting over a photograph. The retards are his followers who actually believe he paints this shit by hand.
>>
that's obviously a photo retouch.
He can use this kind of skill to have a career for a magazine because it can get your attention. But of course the original photographers should sue him.

Unless he use his own photos and hire his own models this technique can benefit him.

atleast he has a sense of art direction and aesthetic

though I hate him really
>>
>>2391933
Based Jace!
>>
>>2391954
>But of course the original photographers should sue him.
So has anyone ever tried to reach those photographers for comment? What's their take on it?
>>
>>2391965
That would be interesting
>>
>>2391970
So with dozens of these threads about photobashing shaming no one has actually reached the photographers?
Top kek !
>>
>>2391933
>Irakli Nadar 2 days ago
+jace wallace oh really? than why there is no professional artist who has done copy at that level in digital, if its so easy and if it doesn't take any skill? please don't tell me they don't want to do it, because they think its too easy and have no interest in it to even to try it once. I thought same years ago, I thought that copying photos exactly as they are was goddamn easy thing to do, until I tried and that makes me wonder, because your art doesn't look amateurish and you should definitely know that, but you prove otherwise. I've painted images without photo references, that you can see in my gallery, I can push it improve it and explore it more, maybe I will do someday but please don't tell me what to do and what is art and what is not.

jesus christ this guy
>>
File: 1417372894759.gif (2 MB, 320x207) Image search: [Google]
1417372894759.gif
2 MB, 320x207
>>2388954
>shaved off like half her jaw
That's something, right?
>>
File: image.jpg (380 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
380 KB, 1024x1024
>>2390487
>>
>>2391975
yeah this should be the first thing to be made, instead of crying over it in /ic/ threads. I also think he's selling it or at least making profit with those in some way. which is illegal I think ?
>>
File: [email protected] (205 KB, 973x398) Image search: [Google]
contact@paulmorelstudios.com.png
205 KB, 973x398
[email protected]
>>
>>2391119
>>2391526
Just kill yourselves for defending this hack.
>>
So can this guy draw an eyeball from memory to save his life?
>>
>>2391977
This is Irakli response to Jace?

>Than why there is no professional artist who has done copy at that level in digital, if its so easy and if it doesn't take any skill?
The answer to his question is easy, most artists know they can't get regular work just doing photo paintovers of other peoples images. I'm sure plenty of pros do detailed studies all the time but don't bother to post them online....because they're studies and they aren't involved in the technical ability wank fest that is facebook.

The first thing you see most amateurs get good at is copying photos and shit from life, because it's easy once you put in a bunch of time doing it. Anyone can become a copying machine.

>>2392095
Probably not, hence the photo paintover. If you could do something from memory why not just do everything from imagination? It'd be way more interesting.
>>
Hello retards of 4chan
enjoy the vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO2tq5ddDG8

Love from Nadar
>>
>>2392130

livestream or gtfo
>>
>>2391977
Holy shit isn't that wakkawa?
>>
>>2392130
Do people actually care about their image on 4chan? I mean, seriously now. You're going to get assblasted no matter what you do on this site. Even if you got people to believe what you want them to believe, no one is going to praise you or apologize, they're going to assblast you for pretty much using a grid.
>>
>>2391977
>than why there is no professional artist who has done copy at that level in digital
Um, hasn't Algenpfleger done super detailed, photorealistic studies? (If memory serves me correctly, I haven't looked at his art in awhile.) Also, I'm sure people like Algenpfleger and Janaschi could truly do a copy of a photo like that if they wanted to.
>>
>>2392143
I'm sure any AAA level artist with good fundamentals could. They just don't because there's there's no artistic value in it.
>>
Just having fun for what pixel experts here has to say, I don't care if I get assblasted or whatever from anon losers lol
>>
>>2392143
literally highschool students can do it.
>>2392150
Nadar is getting assblasted from professional artists and anons alike. He done nothing but copy photographs and has a massive ego for some reason.
>>
U mad ? who is pro? amateur deviant art guys who are mad because they don't get attention? lol
>>
File: kek.jpg (285 KB, 534x800) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
285 KB, 534x800
>Irakli is covering his ass on 4chan lmao
>>
>>2392130
Is that rally you? could you try something from imagination maybe? otherwise you're not more valuable than my phone's camera. Like, just the camera alone, not even the photographer's hands and decisions for the picture.
>>
>>2392150

I bought your gumroad man because I actually like what you're doing. I felt a bit cheated and was disappointed that you didn't include a full res, full quality version of the painted portrait. The description says a high res image will be included but the resolution was barely better than the one you uploaded to artstation. So if you are going to make more gumroad time lapses, please consider including a full resolution image.
>>
>>2392186
I'm 100% positive he can't actually see that shit on gumroad without first getting permission from the photographer.

Stops being fair use when you start charging.
>>
>>2392154
>He done nothing but painted over photographs

fixed that for you. Copying photographs is several steps above what this guy does.
>>
File: Pabl0Painto0verDeluxe.jpg (130 KB, 600x781) Image search: [Google]
Pabl0Painto0verDeluxe.jpg
130 KB, 600x781
>>2392150
Shut up Newfag
>>
File: VincentGetsThemAll.jpg (89 KB, 325x488) Image search: [Google]
VincentGetsThemAll.jpg
89 KB, 325x488
>>2392166
[SHITPOSTING INTENSIFIES]
>>
>>2392186
>buying from an obvious hack.
>thinking he will ever give a high resolution version
>buying from an obvious hack to start with

a higher resolution would only expose him, you just threw whatever amount of money he charges in the trash bin.
>>
File: Untitled-3.jpg (214 KB, 1803x1001) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-3.jpg
214 KB, 1803x1001
>>2392130
Where's the red? He starts drawing with it at about 1:20 (watch in full screen). What happens shortly afterwards is weird because it's like the color he has selected stops mattering at all.
>>
Lmao
Iraki, if you ever want to convince someone, make a livestream.

start with a clean white canvas and show us how you made this blurry picture from which you start >>2391119
and make sure we can see your tools.
>>
>>2392265
It's right there anon, under the flow and opacity.
>>
>>2392277
ayyy!
>>
>>2392265
B T F O
T
F
O
>>
>>
anybody reached out to the photographers yet ?
>>
>>2392293
Cheeky little cunt aint he.
>>
File: Alte_frau_seybold.jpg (4 MB, 2848x4288) Image search: [Google]
Alte_frau_seybold.jpg
4 MB, 2848x4288
>>2391977
>n-nobody has done realism at a high level before goys!

linran, chuck close, random chinese impressionist #635, seybold, geddes, eugene burnand

how is it possible to be such a lolcow? even ilya wasn't this bad
>>
>>2392293
He doesn't understand banding and dithering either, what a surprise.
>>
Hey expertard dithering doesn't reduce banding when you have no dense pixel information
>>
>>2392297
>anybody reached out to the photographers yet ?
Since apparently no one bothered to do it in the dozens of other threads we have already had on this topic — I would not keep my fingers crossed for anyone doing it now.
>>
>>2392265
surprisingly, you can actually see some red for a moment, despite the subtlety of the strokes and the uber shitty compression of the video. get your eyes checked.
>>
https://www.patreon.com/Kuvshinov_Ilya?ty=h

This guy is earning $2,688 per week in doing exactly the same thing

I know everybody already talked about it but sometimes it's good to refresh memory;
http://imgur.com/bYapnRM
http://i.imgur.com/aR320U1.png
>>
>>2392387
Like I said in the post. You see some red for a moment, and then it disappears and those grayish-purple strokes appear instead despite the fact that the color selector hasn't changed.
>>
>>2392393
ctrl-z, because the opacity of the first stroke was too hard, and then keeps painting in a way too subtle to be noticeable in the video. you must have done that a million times before, if you paint digitally

at this point, I'm sure you people will keep nitpicking and producing conspiracy theories, no matter what amount of real evidence is out there.
>>
File: 240427-genius.jpg (43 KB, 600x651) Image search: [Google]
240427-genius.jpg
43 KB, 600x651
guy doesn't even know why strokes can disappear and discussing digital painting
>>
File: 18zkwupjtqsvpjpg.jpg (10 KB, 249x249) Image search: [Google]
18zkwupjtqsvpjpg.jpg
10 KB, 249x249
>>2392390
>Kuvshinov_Ilya
>doing exactly the same thing
>he doesn't know
Just look at this newfag. Do you know that this "meme" was born here, Iraki?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFLaIs_Tyfg
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (83 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
83 KB, 1920x1080
>>2392130
This is funny.
He keeps pausing the recording software on and off to erase, move things and turn the background layer on and off, that is why it produces jumps in his cursor and artefacts as the video goes on. If you look at the bottom at his scratch disk size, it keeps changing when hes not using anything or painting anything, also in between saves which proves the pauses in the recording software. He even put the color picker over his history or w/e panel, there is even a background layer with the reference.. ayy lmao what a hack. 10/10 kek.
>>
>>2392668
stop embarrassing yourself already
>>
File: sameperson.png (1001 KB, 1357x650) Image search: [Google]
sameperson.png
1001 KB, 1357x650
There is someone I know making money off this exact process. It isn't just this guy.
This is example of their work from their facebook page.
>>
File: 1453021665295.png (2 MB, 900x1732) Image search: [Google]
1453021665295.png
2 MB, 900x1732
>oh great another Kr0nzpr1nz/Ilya kushiwhateverthefuck plagiarism threa-
>it's a different guy
just more proof that stealing/copying and plagiarizing is a fast way to get fame and money I guess
>>
>>2392725
Imitating Kronprinz will also help you get popular.
http://guweiz.deviantart.com/
http://koyorin.deviantart.com/
>>
>>2392693
Nice try Irakli, kek.
>>
>>2392130
I remember doing this with pencils in my middle school art class wow u so good m8
>>
>>2392390
irakli did you think that poorly worded youtube comment that defended you was actually valid? You really are as stupid as you look
>>
File: 1417241510115.jpg (343 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1417241510115.jpg
343 KB, 1280x1280
>>2392798
they're multiplying
I legit thought this was a Ilya Kushinov/Kr0nz thread for a second
>>
>>2392725

don't bully kr0n ;O;
>>
Isn't kr0n doing mostly imagination stuff now? I still don't care for most of it but that's a step up at least.
>>
>>2391119
why would you want to copy a picture exactly though
>>
>>2392725
They're different yeah but I dont get why he actually just copied like 30 different pictures and said they're his own
>>
>>2393181
some people see aesthetic value on the rendering itself. is has been kind of a big movement in the last century.
>>
So let me get this straight, everybody here is shitting on him, yet nobody:
-reached out to the photographers
-reached out to art station
-called him out in his comments

what the fuck are you thinking you're gonna achieve by talking about it on /ic/ ?
>>
>>2393336
only non-meme-retards are shitting on him

since when is a crime doing photo studies?
>>
>>2390130
Wisdom,
I need to get back to drawing now
>>
>>2393336
>>
>>2388954
there's something uncanny about the skin of the face and the skin on her chest, the hair too, like it looks too realistic in comparison to the style on her head.
>>
>>2388954
>>2390046
Is he a pedophile?
>>
The idea that he woud paint his 'study' on a single layer with maybe a temp layer ontop of that is absolutely laughable.

LOL at the amount of effort you put into deceiving everyone Irakli. Just learn how to paint, it's not even hard.
>>
>>2393405

see

>>2389470
>>
>>2388954

Leave it to this faggot to fuck up a face that many would kill for.
>>
>>2393415
every straight male is. no need to be an hypocrite in an anonymous forum.
>>
>>2393497
You're either a pedo projecting/deluding himself that he isn't mentally ill, or you're Tumblr.
Which one is it?
>>
>>2392469
Also,looks like he use Redjuice R1 brush.
>PS
>"Kyle's watercolor"
>Kyle
D-don't tell me...
>>
>>2392798
> http://guweiz.deviantart.com/
> http://koyorin.deviantart.com/

They're both pretty popular, how does that even begins anyway? Did they just get a daily deviation at some point?
>>
>>2393392
It proves next to nothing at this point — presumably "photobashers" already lie to general public about the technique/process they use, so what's stopping them from just lying about the exact legal implication of the kind of "borrowing" they do?

The need to reach the photographers themselfs and ask how they see it from their end.
>>
>>2391925
Because we care about quality control and the little image we have in society. If hacks like these are allowed, new artists would be even lazier and down goes the entire art community.
>>
>>2393555
>Because we care about quality control and the little image we have in society.
How broad are these "we" you refer to, exactly?
Only digital artist? Only picture-related arts?
All arts and crafts on earth in general?

>If hacks like these are allowed
They are and always have been.

>new artists would be even lazier
Isn't that a GOOD thing for "non-lazy old-school" artist?

>and down goes the entire art community.
That's not how it works and you know it. Now with modern art in all it's glory being a thing for a few decades "lazy artists" are not going to sick the art community an inch deeper.
>>
>>2393555
>>2393558
>Isn't that a GOOD thing for "non-lazy old-school" artist?
I'd have to agree. Younger generations (in the USA anyway) seem to be lazier. If newer artists want to go down the photobash "shortcut" path chasing that realistic look rather than work on their creativity and fundamentals let them. There's always jobs for artists who can come up with ideas from scratch and execute images from imagination without heavy reliance on reference.

Less people to compete with, sounds ok to me.
>>
>>2392798
Will it get you jobs though?

I mean I've seen a several sakimichan clones, and ehh. Would anyone hire a clone?
>>
>>2393748
In the freelance market (dealing with companies) it's probably not a great idea to be the guy who's a "clone" of another artists. I'm sure you'd still get work but if a company wants art like yours they'd just go hire the more well known "real" guy.

It's probably fine to start out that way to get some jobs but I'm sure it'd be more beneficial to be doing your own thing for your long term career.
>>
>>2393778
>they'd just go hire the more well known "real" guy.
expect the REAL guy might be swamped with more work, refuse the gig, ask for more $$$, etc.
Also, art directors always ask "hey, can you draw this in this style?"
>>
>>2388954
>just disney princess my shit up senpai
say no more
>>
File: jealous.png (8 KB, 332x194) Image search: [Google]
jealous.png
8 KB, 332x194
>>2388954
Here is what the artist in question has to say about all of you.
>>
>>2390046
So all he does is trace photos and then put a poutyfaced disney princess on it?
>>
File: 1452466202044.png (124 KB, 5000x2571) Image search: [Google]
1452466202044.png
124 KB, 5000x2571
>>2393817
/ic/

BTFO
T
F
O
>>
>>2391526
The worst part about people like you buying into his shit is that you'll try to learn the wrong methods to paint by finding excuses for his scam.
It's self-marketing for him, we get it. But it's in no way a representation of "skills", it's just something to impress normies and become famous for patreon and commissionbux.
>>
>>2392143
Algenpfleger is just as much of a fraud, he's just being more clever about it.

You autists need to realize that 90% of "famous artists" with PERFECT SKILLS just fake it until they make it.
It's mostly smoke and mirrors and self marketing.
>>
>>2393831
No. He doesnt trace them, he just uses the photo itself and pretends he painted it.
>>
>>2393110
>Isn't kr0n doing mostly imagination stuff now?
He just got more crafty about his fakery.
He is still a scam artist by heart and soul.
>>
File: Sandbox - 0104.jpg (160 KB, 600x894) Image search: [Google]
Sandbox - 0104.jpg
160 KB, 600x894
>>2393853
You're a fucking retard. Not every artist who is better than you is a fraud, you dumb shit. It's incredibly easy to spot people who paint over photos and Algen is not one of them.

He has also done tons of very loose studies with no opacity and no pen pressure, focusing purely on accurate colors and values. Hacks like Irakli couldn't do shit like that to save their life.
>>
>>2393862
>He just got more crafty about his fakery.
So this is fake? :^
>>2392469
>>
File: CHP4UANUIAAMk1n.jpg large.jpg (94 KB, 658x873) Image search: [Google]
CHP4UANUIAAMk1n.jpg large.jpg
94 KB, 658x873
>>2393853
>You autists need to realize that 90% of "famous artists" with PERFECT SKILLS just fake it until they make it.

First of all, spotting photo paintovers is easy as shit. Secondly I see no reason to doubt artists who can either apply their studies to their work from imagination or can do it traditionally just as expertly as digitally. Which is about 90% of "famous artists" I know. But who knows, maybe 90% of famous artists you know are indeed just hacks who paint portrait "studies" on their Deviantart account and nothing else, in which case you might want to expand your horizon a bit.
>>
>>2393879
Stop idolizing people based on their self-marketing they put out.
It will seriously hinder your progress as an artist if you keep believing every fraud who comes along.
People like randis albion, algenpfleger or irakli are frauds that use gullible masochists like you for easy money. Their self-style genius image is just to impress fools and part them with their money.
It's not about being better or worse it's about those hillarious masochistic phototraces
like Algen's hillarious "oh I drew this appartment photorealistically in mspaint" bullshit for example.
It's just self-marketing. It has nothing to do with skills, just with endurance and a desire to impress people to get patreonbux running
>>
>>2393902
>Which is about 90% of "famous artists" I know. But who knows, maybe 90% of famous artists you know
I'm strictly talking about the iraklis, algenpflegers and other patreon scamsters here.
Not actual legit "artists"
But people making photostudies of appartments and models for a living are such a hillarious thing to happen.
>>
Lol Algenpfleger is a fraud? You people are pathetic
>>
>>2393936
Algenpfleger is the definition of "look mom, no hands!"
>>
>>2393936
Algenpfleger and his "no refs used, all from my mind, took me 3 hours" bullshit created this enviroment where everyone starts lying about what they do and how they do it and then upload faked "speedpaints" to one up each other in the first place.

Why even mention "no refs used".
Everybody uses reference photos for objects, architecture, etc. Depending on what you want to draw.
Createing this self-image of some god-like being who has every reference image in the world saved in his brain is just unrealistic.
>>
>>2393948

>muh unrealistic standards of art

kek
>>
>>2393951
Well, it's a way to destroy the competition.
People will see all those people claim no picture takes them longer than 2 hours and using reference is bad.
It's bullshit. Algenpfleger probably intesively uses reference, why wouldn't you if your entire thing is painting photorealistically?

Then everyone feels like they have to create photorealistic paintings in under 2 hours with no reference. They realize they can't and then you end up with dipshits like irakli who just overpaint photos and claim NO REFS USED, LOL ALL FROM THE MIND.

I see why algenpfleger lies about this shit, because it's his gimmick and his marketing thing. That's how he peddles his shit to gullible retards.

But on /ic/ we should be realistic that he's lying about his process in order to make himself look good. BECAUSE IT BRINGS IN CASH, why wouldn't he?
>>
>>2393956

That's a nice theory and everything, where is the evidence? If you do a lot of studies you eventually build up extensive visual library. I don't see anything in your example pic that looks too complicated. I fully believe he has the skills he claims to have.
>>
>>2388954
>original picture taken with a weird lens
>"paintover" doesn't even keep in mind the perspective
this is why photo reference is dangerous
>>
File: 2354235235.jpg (324 KB, 999x671) Image search: [Google]
2354235235.jpg
324 KB, 999x671
>>2393910
I'm not idolizing anyone, you retard, I'm just telling you that you are delusional as hell if you assume anyone who is better than you is a fraud. Especially when it's so easy to spot the actual cheaters.

Also, Algen has made his entire art career as an illustrator. He started professionally in like 2010 and made his Patreon a couple of months ago. I'm not an art director for WotC, so whatever I think of his art had literally zero influence on how much money he used to make.
>>
>>2393970
>that hand on the ground holding all that weight in the fingertips.
>>
>>2393956
That doesn't make him a fraud though, it just makes him an arrogant liar. He still drew those images, figured out the perspective and composition, set up the lighting, painted them etc. You yourself say using reference is normal and everyoen does it, so why would Algen be a fraud for using references?
>>
>>2393975
Are you retarded? It's a winged angel in mid-flight.
>>
File: 1451162040551.jpg (143 KB, 618x518) Image search: [Google]
1451162040551.jpg
143 KB, 618x518
>>2393978
The physics behind to pull off a stunt like that would require an enormous amount of force and energy given the fact that she has all that weight from herself it just doesn't seem convincing enough to cause a lift to be air worthy she'll need a form of support that the hand would of shown that support instead it looks like he got lazy and referenced a hand off google image search.

Plebian if you ask me.
>>
>>2393986
Dude you need to work on your english.
>>
>>2393986
>fantasy art
>Angel
>physics
>>
>>2393986
It's perfectly clear to me that she came flying towards that dude in the front while still being in full momentum and her hand is barely grazing the ground while doing so. That hand doesn't need to be there at all. Her body is not grounded, it's in the fucking air. You literally have autism.
>>
>>2393964
>I fully believe he has the skills he claims to have.
Then you are a easily fooled moron.
Because if he has the skills he claims why would he impose those strange rules on himself?

>NO IM NOT GOING TO USE REFERENCE FOR THIS FLORAL PATTERN ON THE FLOOR, I WILL MAKE IT UP ON THE SPOT
etc.
If he is at that high level using reference would only make him BETTER, so why not use it?

This is some dragonball powerlevel shit.
>I wasn't even using my FULL ARTIST POWER

He is using reference and he's probably putting a lot of effort into his paintings, but claiming he did them in a few minutes, without reference and straight from the mind is just dishonest and thats why he is a fraud
>>
>>2393986
> instead it looks like he got lazy and referenced a hand off google image search.

Wait, do you seriously believe Algen can't draw a simple, flat silhouette of a hand in such an easy position, without using google images? Dude, how bad at drawing are you?
>>
>>2393976
>so why would Algen be a fraud for using references?
You missunderstood my point.
I'm not saying that algen is a fraud for using reference, I'm saying he is a fraud for lying about how he does things.
He uses references like everyone else and he probably works very hard on most of his paintings. But his insistence of ALL FROM THE MIND, TOOK ME 10 MINUTES, NO BIGGIE, IT WAS EASY is what makes him such a disgusting fraud.
The way he constructed this "wunderkind rockstar" image of himself, by painting photorealistic.... kitchen sinks FROM THE MIND make him such slimey lying fraud.

But it works for him, he got enough braindead idiots who will shower him with money.

But
>yeah this painting took me roughly 8 hours, I used some photo reference so I don't have to spend hours doing trial and error to get my trademark photorealistic blending on every surface from glass to stone and cihna just right
sounds a lot less impressive to fools than
>20 minutes, didnt even look at it, my brain is a supercomputer and I can visualize very object, physical flow of light particles and surface IN MY HEAD AND NOW WITNESS MY SPEEDPAINTING
>>
>>2394007

He has repeteadly stated that he does it because he likes the challenge. I've seen first hand what skilled digital painters can do from imagination, and I know many enjoy working without reference. I'm not saying it's better but Algen is far from the only one who does it.
>>
>>2394013
Not him, but I actually agree.
If you construct a drawing like that you will want to give the fingertips TENSION, but her hand just wobbles idly on the ground, pretty much like the hand of the dude who just dropped his sword.
There is no tension or anything in their hands.
They are just idle silhouettes when they should be in more dramatic poses.
And yes, for an image showing something as cheesy as a chick with fings and battle stockings charging a knight you might as well make their hand poses a bit more unique or dramatic, which you would be easily able to do if you constructed them properly beforehand with some ideas in mind of how to heighten tension.
>>
>>2394031
>He has repeteadly stated that he does it because he likes the challenge.
And we all know that nobody would ever lie to promote themselves.
>>
>>2394007
> he's probably putting a lot of effort into his paintings, but claiming he did them in a few minutes

Not that guy, but Algen never claimed anything like that for any of his finished illustrations or detailed studies, you're just making shit up as you go.

In fact, Algen has always been known as a very slow and deliberate artist. If you ever watched one of his livestreams back in the days, he would spend HOURS on just the lineart, to get it as accurate as he could. Then he'd spend even longer using magnetic lasso tool to map out everything that requires a hard edge on a different layer. Back in those days, he put a shitton of effort into his work and you can easily tell the difference between his old work done that way and his derpy 2014+ work that is often very rushed and lazy.
>>
>>2394036

Why are you so paranoid bro? The world isn't out to get you buddy. Some people just like painting, imagine that.
>>
File: norefsused.png (1 KB, 350x59) Image search: [Google]
norefsused.png
1 KB, 350x59
>>2394037
>Not that guy, but Algen never claimed anything like that for any of his finished illustrations or detailed studies, you're just making shit up as you go.

http://algenpfleger.deviantart.com/art/Commission-for-Off111-214315863
>>
>>2394034
I don't care what you think about the hand gesture and how you would have drawn it. That dude I was replying to is too stupid to understand that this figure is FLYING and the hand has nothing to do with the weight distribution of the figure.
>>
>>2394034
>Not him, but I actually agree.
So because a basic looking hand doesn't look like how you'd envision it in the scene, that means he relied on google image search? Wouldn't the simpler explanation be that he got lazy with that hand? I mean, it's incredibly basic - a mask of a hand shape and a couple of texture brush strokes slapped on top. It's not even anatomically accurate.
>>
>>2394039
>hey man, why don't you come believe some lies together with me, relaaax its all cool man
Why are you even here?
>>
>>2394048
>>2394047
>>2394039
>all those butthurt algenpfleger fans who sponsor him on patreon and watch his "streams" getting butthurt
top lel good show lads good show
>>
>>2394045
So 24 hours to you means "a few minutes"?

24 hours seems a fairly reasonable timeframe for a finished illustration like that.
>>
>>2393534
Ohshit, could it be...!
>>
>>2394047
>I don't care what you think about the hand gesture and how you would have drawn it
Oh, we got a badass here.
I'm saying that every body in motion has tension, her hand pose looks like some photobashed shit.
Algenfraud is a hack and you are a moron for believing his self-created image of the perfect artist.
>>
>>2394053
No, you are just literally retarded for thinking an angel in mid-flight is using their fingertips to balance their weight on the ground. You would be equally retarded no matter who drew that image.
>>
>>2394045
Again, you're pulling the "minutes" out of your ass. Pretty sure algen was painting about 12hrs a day. By that metric even if it took him 15hrs to do the painting, that's about a day.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 71

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.