[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bob
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: BobRoss.jpg-630x345.jpg (62 KB, 630x345) Image search: [Google]
BobRoss.jpg-630x345.jpg
62 KB, 630x345
Is his art actually any good /ic/?
>>
>>2388592
Was this spurred by my comment?
>>2388526
>>
>>2388592
The end result speaks for itself, the problem is that /ic/ can't even implement those basic rules so they hate on him.

>captcha: trees
>happy ones?
>>
Competent design and craft
Vacuous aesthetics
>>
>>2388598
>they hate on him

We love him what the fuck. Get out newfag
>>
>>2388598
>they hate on him.
I see you weren't here when we had a thread dedicated to drawing 'happy trees'. does anybody got some screenshots from back then?
>>
>>2388592
People hate on Bob without understanding the entire point of why he did what he did. He wasn't trying to make unique pieces of art. He just wanted to get people to enjoy the same thing he did as much as he did.
>>
>>2388598
>they

Speak for yourself.
>>
>>2388598
>they
Not all of us are edgy, anon
>>
Whether he was shit or not no one can know, we don't know whether or not he ever read Loomis.
>>
>>2388598

>they

no one hates him imbecile
>>
File: 1.png (433 KB, 1036x449) Image search: [Google]
1.png
433 KB, 1036x449
>>2390701

here here
>>
>>2388592
Yes, fundamentally his art is good. The 'problem' is just that he used brushes to 'cheat'. Bob Ross only wanted to share his Joy of Painting with everyone and get people passionate about it, which he did very well.

He was a great guy who did a lot for the community and he was a great artist too.
>>
>>2388599
Bob is secret nihilist
>>
His art made me happy. So I think so.
>>
>>2388592
no. he's a mediocre artist on a good day, but his contribution was making painting fun and accessible to a lot of people. It's the JOY OF PAINTING, not GIT GUD OR DIE
>>
>>2392269
How do you cheat at painting?
>>
>>2393045
what he means (I assume) is that Bob used cheap brush tricks to achieve texture effects that wow casual observers, but will look kitsch as fuck to anyone with a painting background or eye for art. Basically the same way spraypaint space-scene artists 'cheat.'
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.