[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Patreon worth signing on to?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: asdd123123.jpg (234 KB, 1441x906) Image search: [Google]
asdd123123.jpg
234 KB, 1441x906
Aside from looking at artists you want to support, any Patreon's out there who have artists willing to teach and actually provide some really good insight on how to approach certain methods?

I know there's a Patreon group under "Foundation", that's basically just Dynamic Sketching 1/2 but with more insight (so I guess you can say it's better than draw a box?)

Then there's Krenz who's an artists teacher that'll give you red lines on your work. He teachers anatomy in perspective.

Anyone else?
>>
>>2388157
All of the teachers worth anything aren't on partreon. Check these out if you wanna pay to learn online:

http://drawabox.com/
http://www.ctrlpaint.com/
http://www.newmastersacademy.org/
>>
Don't know anyone except Krenz
>>2388164
>All of the teachers worth anything aren't on partreon
>http://drawabox.com/
>http://www.ctrlpaint.com/
Fuckin reddit shitters.
>>
I'm the guy who runs drawabox.

>>2388164

drawabox is actually supported through patreon, but none of the important information is behind a paywall. It's just a continuous donation drive. Still, I'd say that counts as being on Patreon.

>>2388157

I haven't taken John Park's Foundation course, but I *have* studied under him in person. He's an excellent instructor when it comes to topics like form language and design. I can't speak to how he handles dynamic sketching, but I wouldn't doubt that it's just as good.

If you want to rank them, I'd say

1. Dynamic Sketching 1/2 with Peter Han (via CGMA if we're talking strictly online)
2. Foundation (this is faaaar behind the dedicated course, don't expect it to be even close)
3. Drawabox (and this is likely far behind Foundation, since I've barely been working professionally for a year, while John Park has ages of professional and teaching experience behind him).
>>
File: dubious.jpg (30 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
dubious.jpg
30 KB, 600x400
>>2388921
>I'm the guy who runs drawabox.
>>
>>2388921
I knew it. I knew you shilled drawabox here this whole time.
>>
>>2388946

I actually keep an eye on most places where drawabox is mentioned... I don't even blame you for thinking it's me shilling. That's got to be one guy posting the same "durr what do you guys think about drawabox" thing over and over, right?

Shilling on 4chan doesn't make a whole lot of sense though - if anything, it'd just increase the number of people looking for critiques, but probably wouldn't have a significant impact on my patreon campaign. I go through something like 200 homework submissions a month, so that's rough enough as it is.

At the end of the day, I *am* in it for the money. It just so happens that this donation-funded approach is probably more lucrative than a straight up money-for-services exchange, and also puts way less emphasis on the fact that I'm a mediocre artist.

I come out looking like a good person, plus a nice chunk of money every month, and a lot of people get some direction without spending a cent. Everyone gets what they want.
>>
>That one guy who keeps making a topic asking about draw a box

honestly, outside of /ic/, I understand why people talk about draw a box. Within' /ic/, it makes no fuckin' sense to recommend it. With all the material here, draw a box is pointless to look up if you're aware of this board.
>>
>>2388946

lol i knew it all the time, was beyond obvious.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.