[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Paste-up General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: paste-up.jpg (210 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
paste-up.jpg
210 KB, 1200x800
I have some thin newsprint paper for paste-ups and want to draw/paint the design onto it myself instead of getting it printed.

What would the best medium?

I need to be able to use a full range of colours and it should be easy to do large areas of uniform colour (vector image). Ideally this medium won't fade easily in the elements and won't interfere with the wheatpaste.
>>
>>2386782
Go down to WallyWorld and grab some cheap ass watercolour tubes. Then grab a few more. Pick up a big bottle of india ink while you're at it.

Using a big easel of sorts (8x4ft plywood works well) pin up sheets of newsprint and quickly sketch your design. Now just block fill with a large oil brush (I use a size 12, I'd say up that shit to a 16 or 18) with those watercolour pigments. Give it a bit to dry, India Ink with a trusty round on your linework, let it dry. Pull the monstrosity apart and paste.

Yeah it works!
>>
>>2386782
any more info for a noob
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.