[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /ic/ I have some what of a question. I am not exactly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: Moxiesketch.jpg (459 KB, 800x1131) Image search: [Google]
Moxiesketch.jpg
459 KB, 800x1131
Hello /ic/ I have some what of a question.

I am not exactly a "beginner" but I want to be able to draw like this picture linked here.

How exactly do I go about starting this? Please I just want to be better.
>>
File: moxiesketch2.jpg (220 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
moxiesketch2.jpg
220 KB, 1280x1280
The artists name is Moxie2D, you can google them to find their stuff. I just want to be able to draw just like him!
>>
>>2386426
post your work and I'll be able to guide you
>>
>>2386433
Should I draw something new right now and you give me some tips?
>>
>>2386442
Sure unless you have something made within the last month.
>>
>>2386445
Nah I'll work on something now and if you could give it some critique that would be great! I feel like I've been drawing for years but I just can't get anywhere. I just want to draw in a style similar to this so badly
>>
>>2386445
Want to give me a suggestion of something to draw?
>>
>>2386449
not the anon you've been talking to, but go ahead and try to copy that ?
>>
>>2386449
Try drawing >>2386430 in all 4 angles but a character of your choice.
>>
>>2386426
>I am not exactly a "beginner"

If that image was made by you, you are most definitely a beginner.
>>
>>2386461

Shut up. That artist is no beginner by a stretch of a mile.
>>
File: Silhouette_handout_by_le_mec.jpg (112 KB, 1024x1242) Image search: [Google]
Silhouette_handout_by_le_mec.jpg
112 KB, 1024x1242
learn drawing form and perspective, watch modt's youtube videos and do his box drawing exercises. Do figure drawing, watch constructing the human figure by steve houston(it's on cg peers) and practice with "on air video" on youtube. Study the anime you like learn the style by copying it, don't use how to draw anime books, they suck. watch dave rapoza's bog witch tutorial, the first part to get the photoshop workflow. Read color design workbook(it's on cg peers) study pictures with colour you like. After that you do some flashy rendering stuff but I don't know too much about that. I spent too long writing all of this so you'd better fucking do it all nigger.
>>
kyoto animation style inspiration
3k x 3k resolution
2-1px brush
color complementaries
high contrasts
color dodge
chromatic aberration
but first of all git gud
>>
File: 1266028229370.jpg (71 KB, 1049x921) Image search: [Google]
1266028229370.jpg
71 KB, 1049x921
>>2386472
this foreshortening is bad
>>
File: letmehaveit.jpg (995 KB, 2560x1280) Image search: [Google]
letmehaveit.jpg
995 KB, 2560x1280
>>2386457
I kinda rushed through it, but when I really think about it, it's not like I could have done it that much better. Please let me have it. What do i need to do to get better.
>>
>>2386516
wow, dunning-kruger is stronk within u
>>
>>2386521
Man i know, I'm really shit but I just want to get betterrr
>>
>>2386466
Look closely at the hands, he has one of them hiding while the other is half assed. Look at the legs and tell me that femur bone is dislocated from the pelvis not to mention he also hid the feet. Pay attention to how an artist draws their hands and feet.
>>
>>2386516
oof brah,
>>2386472 this and hit some basic anatomy.
it's obvious that your knowledge of anatomy runs short and you're relying on the cues of the references to draw figures.

I know loomis is beaten to death but whatever can get you to practice anatomy and shapes is going to help you.
>>
>>2386516
Black cock shooter? Anyway you simply need to go over to the alt style thread if you want to draw anime and go through the resources I put there.

I also recommend you download vilppus videos and do lots of studies from him. It doesn't get any more simpler than that; everything is laid out for you.
>>
>>2386532
Ahh fuck everyone always suggests Loomis, but I'm not that much of a reader. Would you really say that it could help me greatly if I just sat down and read through it.
>>
>>2386538

No fuck loomis just download vilppu drawing manual it goes over the same thing. Don't fall for the trap of drawing the images exactly as you see it in the book--I did that 10 years ago.
>>
>>2386540
Yeah I've tried to read through Loomis books before but they just don't really stick with me. Where exactly could I go to download this drawing manual?
>>
>>2386538
try jack hamm, it's like loomis but more compressed, it's 90% pictures
>>
I always feel that Vilppu is a bit to advance for starters. Why not enter in via Proko then go on from there. Learn Hampton and Vilppu.
>>
OP here, I'm going to try drawing a better picture and taking my time, after that any feedback is greatly appreciated!
>>
File: 12.png (875 KB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
12.png
875 KB, 2000x1500
>>2386426
its just simple multiply and airbrush effect anon ?
>>
>>2386842
it looks like there is more going on than that
>>
>>2386886
the only difference is that anon used a white filter, and maybe another off color tone different from the one used in the op. There is also some blurring being used, but for the most part his process is spot on. If op wants to draw like the image he would just need to know how to use filters and overlays.
>>
>>2386530
It looks as though the artists has a strong sense in design but lacks knowledge on anatomy. Granted, I'm sure he knows SOME anatomy to get those images, but overall he relies to heavily on shapes alone to convey his images.
>>
>>2386538
i enjoyed loomis, but I also copied from Michael Hampton and Robert Beverley Hale. I say Loomis because it's the meme train and it's one of the first things in the sticky
>>
>>2386890
>>2386886
ooh is see i forgot to use the blur and the green color...
>>
>>2386472
Who is most? Link?
>>
>>2386472
>watch modt's youtube videos and do his box drawing exercises
>modt's
Who?
>>
>>2387226
>>2387550
this guy https://youtu.be/mk84EpHmZKQ
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.