[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: You ask for help on your weak spot, and anons will help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: creative_2_lg.jpg (348 KB, 1501x1219) Image search: [Google]
creative_2_lg.jpg
348 KB, 1501x1219
ITT: You ask for help on your weak spot, and anons will help you with material, tips, recommendations and etc.

BUT there is a condition, by doing that, you commit to the thread, to help others with your strong spots, with what you know you can be of help (whenever you have the time to, of course).
>>
>>2385604
tfw no strong points, only weak points
>>
>>2385728
this
i can't even be in the beginner threads im that shit
no fucking hope left
>>
>>2385604
Have trouble with composition and spacing for making outdoors scenes - e.g. a street view with some cars and people walking around.
<< tried so hard for this one, but failed.
>>
>>2387134
easy, start with a foreground, else it looks lifeless.
>>
>>2387117
i believe in you <3
>>
>>2387134
can't help you with technical stuff, but right now there's a 'blood clot' in the lower bottom of the composition. it's too busy there- a poster, a newspaper boy, and a massive carriage.

i think it also doesn't help that the carriage/man looks like they're physically lower than the people further away... the carriage, I can tell it's closer, but it looks like it's on lower ground. maybe this is because the background figires are too big or the carriage is set too low?
>>
>>2387134
Your composition is leading the audience out of the picture through the left,never do that.

Anyways,can someone give me an easy to understand resource on forearms,i've been through vilppu and other anatomy books, i still do not quite get it.
>>
>>2387134
>>2387155

With scenes, you need to design in light and dark. Those lines do little for composition
>>
>>2387134
I would suggest making small thumbnails with rough values before going all out lining the piece. Have a subject and/or points of interest for the eye to rest on, but also be careful of leading lines and the directions objects are facing - is the eye lead into/around the scene, or out of it?
Refresh yourself on some composition basics and keep them in mind while thumbnailing:
http://drawabox.com/lesson/14
>>
>>2387117
Keep trying anon. You'll get there
>>
>>2385604
Fucking hands. I can't draw hands for shit
>>
>>2387656
>>2379782
>>
>>2387656
While >>2387696 helps the anon didn't really explain anything that will help you. Try to block out the basic forms of the hand, the main portion of the hand and the fingers should be cube-shaped forms. So draw a shitton of hands but try to draw them like that instead of directly copying.
>>
>>2387656
I find its much easier to start from wrist and work into thumb. Get the triangle of the thumb and palm down and dont worry about the fingers yet.
>>
>>2387167

Forearms are tricky. I've ban hedging trouble with them myself. I'm finally starting to make headway, but it's taken studying real ones in the real world to do it. All the anatomy diagrams and art advice didn't help me much, either.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.