[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOU
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: JEFFNO.png (256 KB, 474x412) Image search: [Google]
JEFFNO.png
256 KB, 474x412
WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOU
>>
JUST
>>
>>2384902

still not as gay as proko
>>
>>2384902
I would literally kill to be taught by him.
>>
Art training, man, it's a helluva drug.

>>2384943
Or fork over some shekels. Dude's real nice and his classes are pretty fun.
>>
/ic/, you must go to the Dagobah system and learn from master Vilppu.
>>
Who is he and why is he a good teacher?

Anything from him available anywhere so I can judge by myself?
>>
>>2384983
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKfsZaNrmzM
>>
>>2384983

His name is Jeff Watts, I can't say how good his classes are, but from what I have heard they are pretty good

Also, his YT has loads of videos of him just drawing/painting while explaining what he is doing

Here are one of his free workshop vids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5Vy3vD-RPg

He has a bunch of three hour ones, which I would recommend
>>
File: sugar-404_681937c.jpg (14 KB, 404x332) Image search: [Google]
sugar-404_681937c.jpg
14 KB, 404x332
he's transforming into allan sugar
>>
>>2384902
Did something happen to him? Comparing what he looked like a year ago to this looks like he aged 10 years. At this rate he'll keel over before Vilppu does.
>>
>>2385029
He grayed some and grew a beard. That's it.
>>
>>2384998
>>2385001
Thanks, will look at all of this.
>>
>>2385029
Well you could already see he was getting gray hairs last year, seems like it just progressed.
And the beard makes him look older too.
>>
>>2384943
And yet all you'd have to do would be to pay money.
>>
>>2384902
Punished Jeff: a master denied by his atelier
>>
>>2384902
This is what the Reilly method does to you.
>>
Is Watts good to study from for beginners? Not directly from him but workbook, videos etc. Or there are better way to learn?
>>
>>2385917

Try a month of the online drawing course, it's a hundred bucks but if you've got the time to really get your money's worth out of it, it'll teach you everything you need to know. It starts from basic fundamentals, so it's great if you're just starting out. Would have saved me months of lurking /ic/ trying to figure shit out on my own. You'd probably need several months to get through all the work if you want to stick with it to get through the whole thing, but it's worth it. I'm in the middle of it right now, and it's better than anything else I've tried.
>>
File: 1454107513300.jpg (48 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1454107513300.jpg
48 KB, 320x320
>>2385815
>>
>>2385931

Thanks, though I can't afford it sadly. Any other way that teaches from fundamentals? I've tried loomis, hampton, proko, drawabox..but with all of those I feel stuck.
>>
>>2386128
>I can't afford it sadly
>I've tried loomis, hampton, proko, drawabox
>but with all of those I feel stuck.
Fuck off reddit shitter. Go away from this thread
>>
>>2386134

I'm not using reddit, so you may fuck off yourself.
>>
File: jeff_of_rivia.jpg (53 KB, 780x439) Image search: [Google]
jeff_of_rivia.jpg
53 KB, 780x439
>>2384902
Geralt is that you?
>>
>>2386128

Just keep going , make sure to focus on one thing a day, Honestly if you study and don't see at least small improvement within a couple weeks your either studying wrong, not enough or your to spread out.
>>
>>2386216

Probably too spread out. I haven't focused on one thing. Also I'm not denying that my approach to teach myself is wrong.
>>
>>2385764
kek
>>
>>2386216
>spoonfeeding retards
We have question thread for this
>>
>>2385764
the only logical thing to do is to take on a job as a hitman and then use the money for lessons from watts
>>
>>2385764
>implying I can afford to move across the country and pay for the classes
>>
>>2386769
he has online classes
>>
>>2386128
Maybe learn basic perspective and form first.

Marshall Vandruff's 12 dollar lectures.
>>
>>2385028
Lord Sugar you fucking pleb
>>
>>2384998

Is that pencil or charcoal? What grade?
>>
>>2386861
Charcoal. I forget what brand he's using in that video specifically, but he uses Primo's and Conte Pierre Noire Bs.
>>
>>2386881
He uses Conte 1710B on newsprint. I took the online class for a couple of months. Best art related decision I've ever made.
>>
>>2386883

Cool. I have a charcoal pencil of a another brand that I never really used, I'll try to see if I can replicate his type of marks
>>
>>2384979
i learned from vilupu first mostly through all his online courses but never trully mastered his tecqnique / approach.

however only after a short while with training with the modified riley method i noticed a ton of improvment in my eye. "the way i precieve my own works flaws" and i quickly realized that villupus work is good but not great. \

and i want to be great.
>>
is there a torrent for the drawing phase anywhere?
>>
>>2387185
yes
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.