[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are we witnessing the end of traditional media? Tiltbrush co
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: image.gif (88 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
88 KB, 700x394
Are we witnessing the end of traditional media? Tiltbrush combines digital art and the physical sensation of real painting.

http://youtu.be/n97Q4sDawAs
>>
>>2383592
VR is too expensive at the moment

you are witnessing a market that won't go mainstream another 2-5 years
>>
>>2383592
No.
>>
Traditional won't die.
>>
>>2383592
Forget traditional. This gimmick will not even make a dent in digital.
>>
>>2383592
>Tiltbrush combines digital art and the physical sensation of real painting.

lol did you even watch videos of this shit? It just puts lines around you in 3d space. It's completely worthless. There's absolutely no application for tiltbrush in a professional setting of any level and I don't know what kind of retard would think otherwise.

Now, VR 3d sculpting could work, but Oculus sculpting application is completely barebones and not a replacement for anything yet. It'd probably be up to some third party developer to come up with some sort of zbrush solution for it.
>>
>>2383592

okay, nice software you got there guys, what's it's potential in terms of applications?

>software for people to fuck around in for 10 minutes until they get bored!

uhuh... sounds very promising.
>>
File: glasses.jpg (101 KB, 400x464) Image search: [Google]
glasses.jpg
101 KB, 400x464
>>2383592
this removes even more of the physical sensation than a tablet does, you're not even pushing against anything, there's no haptic feedback beyond holding a fancier version of a playstation move/wiimote

what i could see is some kind of vr glasses that you see through (think microsoft hololens) that project your drawing (and program UI) onto some kind of special desk/table with a nice texture that gives you that kind of drag to the movement of the pen that you're used to with traditional

probably have a whole bunch of IR LED's placed just below the table's surface in a grid like pattern so it can accurately and easily track where things should be positioned, even if you've moved your head in all close up, but this would require a new type of pen tip placement detection beyond digitizer or else you run into parallax problems like older cintiqs

the other option is some kind of grid printed onto the table surface which i'm sure you could easily make disappear through the glasses but would require pretty good lighting and possibly cause some weird problems with any shadows cast onto the surface, not to mention possibly wearing out (tho that'd be easier to replace than say a dead IR LED)

all of this of course needs virtually no latency, which i have no idea if current tech is even able to do that yet in terms of accurately projecting VR onto a physical space
>>
>>2383621
This ^
>>
>>2383614
It inevitably will, except it'll be decades before it does.
>>
File: aHDWU67.gif (2 MB, 480x271) Image search: [Google]
aHDWU67.gif
2 MB, 480x271
are we witnessing advertisements in post form on 4chan ?
>>
You're joking right. There's no real feedback.

If digital media were going to take over traditional media, it would have been when screen tablets were made.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.