[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Art programs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 898x871) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 898x871
What digital art programs do you main people of /ic/?

Question I have
I have CS6 (le pirate meme and the master collection), what is the difference between CS6, CC 2014, and CC 2015? Is there any benefits I'm missing out from the later versions compare to CS6?
>>
No, with C6 you can do everything, photoshop is the industry standard, painter and manga studio and sai are not necessary for anything if you can use photoshop properly.
>>
>>2383519
Oh that's good. Then CC is none of my concern for now then.
>>
File: 1450913497528.jpg (80 KB, 603x599) Image search: [Google]
1450913497528.jpg
80 KB, 603x599
Krita a best.

3.0 is coming out next month I think, with a ton of new features, the most prominent being animation tools. And even as it is right now, it's more than competent alternative to ps for painting.
>>
>>2383526
I heard big promises from Krita. I might need to try it out sometime.
>>
>>2383528
I heard even professionals are hyped about Krita, everyone hates CC because of the cost and getting your data cucked while the development of actual features for photosop is stagnating. Being able to move to Linux is another cut cost as well. I have big hopes.
>>
>>2383516
I've been messing with Krita but it doesn't feel as intuitive as say PT Sai so I have to mess around with the keys and rebind them (I got used to default photoshop). Still a nice program.
>>
CC seems to have some laggy issues. Might be wrong. I use cs6 though.
>>
Photoshop a shit, 2016 cc somehow broke my Wacom drivers, I use based Krita now and finding it more intuitive
>>
>>2383516
>What digital art programs do you main people of /ic/?

corel painter best program for a Bohemian digital coloring
less prone to be lifeless like PS

also PS is pretty much easy mode
>>
>>2385355
>less prone to be lifeless like PS

literally has nothing to do with the program
>>
Manga Studio 5 is GOAT
>>
Paint Tool Sai and Photoshop CS6 for touch ups.
>>
I mostly use Sai out of comfort and use PS when I need to.

I animate in TV Paint and I'm trying out Storyboard Pro at the moment which is pretty cool.
>>
>>2383516
I use Krita, developers are bros and react swift for opensource community, their only problem is that it is written on qt, which results in shitty performance on windows with bigger resolutions, brushes and perspective grid assistant. No problem on linux though so when Microsoft tightens their grip on older versions of Windows I know where to go.
>>
Krita user here. Do recommend it, especially for people wanting to switch to Linux. I can paint with a pretty big brush size on a 4320p size canvas without any lag
>>
Anybody have that problem where the wacom driver fails in PS, and the input is jittery and raw as fuck?

Clicking out of PS and clicking back in fixes it, but it's annoying as fuck. Been trying to figure out what causes it.
>>
Manga Studio EX 5 and Paint Tool Sai. Photoshop CC for touch ups
>>
I use Mischief 'cause it's the only drawing program I've got that my tablet doesn't lag on. Plus that infinite canvas is the shiiiiiit.
>>
File: 1435292105077.jpg (11 KB, 221x225) Image search: [Google]
1435292105077.jpg
11 KB, 221x225
>finally making PROGRESS after years of on and off drawing
>doing some shit in layering in sketchbook pro
>massive slowdown, legit 2fps
>can't finish my drawing because shit program
>don't feel like learning a new program at 5 in the fucking morning

Photoshop is a clunky mess and sai is already on my desktop so I guess I'm learning paint tool
>>
File: wilber-big.png (34 KB, 300x224) Image search: [Google]
wilber-big.png
34 KB, 300x224
what do ya'll niggs think about GIMP? I've been a krita painter forever but I just noticed that the developers for GIMP are still extending the digital painting functionality on GIMP's dev branch (2.9.2)
>https://www.gimp.org/news/2015/11/27/gimp-2-9-2-released/#digital-painting
Krita's gonna feel stale for me for a while since development is focused on the animation toolkit, so I'm browsing around to get a fresh taste of what Krita's open source competition is like.

Any experienced GIMP painters here? What version you on? I'm on 2.8 but am in the process of compiling 2.9.2. What's the GIMP experience like compared to other programs? I've only ever used GIMP for photo-editing, what have I been missing?

Also, it's worth mentioning that a new version of MyPaint just got released (1.2.0, jan 2016). The changelog isn't that interesting but I'm happy it's still being worked on.
>http://mypaint.org/blog/2016/01/15/mypaint-1.2.0-released/
>>
>>2383516
I use both photoshop and krita

cs6 for learning new stuff (since it's so wide used) and krita for actual drawing (it's easier to find a tool or alternatives to it in krita after I've learn how it's supposed to work in photoshop) I just like how brushes are in krita, more artist- friendly
>>
>>2387454
I've been using GIMP for over 12 years, and I'm super psyched about what I've read in the changelog. Free canvas rotation, 16/32bit color, and better brushes (from mypaint) are things I thought I'd never see in GIMP. The lack of those things is one of the main reasons I dual boot to Windows to use Clip Studio Paint.

Krita gets a lot of mentions on /ic/, but I can't stand the "modern" looking UI. It looks nice at the cost of functionality. Gimp let's me put UI elements wherever the hell I want when using single-window mode, or I can make any UI dock a separate window and let my window manager handle them. The last time I tried Krita it didn't even have a functional navigation window and the devs apparently think they know better than I do where I want the brush dynamic controls to go.

I'll be compiling 2.9 later today and post a screenshot of what my usual GUI setup is. I have no idea why they don't have a PPA for new releases.

I like MyPaint a lot, but besides the canvas manipulation features and awesome brush engine GIMP just does more.
>>
File: Ca2ibzkh.jpg (69 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
Ca2ibzkh.jpg
69 KB, 1024x683
I use PS for coloring and MS for lineart. Painting feels a lot better and PS but inking is shitty with those shoelace brushstrokes.
M-muh OC donutsteel
>>
>>2383519

Personally I find Manga Studio to be superior to Photoshop for actual drawing and painting.
>>
I have legit Clip Studio Paint and pirated Photoshop CS6. The UI on CS6 is too small on my Surface Pro 4, and I can't update it to allow the scaling option
>>
>>2383526
>>2383516
I began with krita, and then I decided to try photoshop. I didn't really like photoshop to be honest, kritas interface seemed much more clean, and the keybinds are way easier to manage in my opinion. Oh, and the brush engine is meh compared to krita.

Maybe I should try it again one day.
>>
Hey /ic/, I was using Clip Studio Paint EX recently and my tablet started acting up so after a year of not updating the drivers I decided to do so.
The problem now is that the software's UI is really big and I can't figure out why or how to change it, anyone know how?
>>
>>2385426
>not clip paint studio
>>
>>2387797
File>Preferences>Interface

Choose a smaller one and you're set.
>>
>>2383516
1. liquify tool is more responsive, which is something, because that's the one ps feature that no other software can do right
2. finally, you can overscroll without being in fullscreen mode

other than that cc2015 has the very same virtues and defects than cs6. plus a ton of useless web designer shit.
>>
Can I ask here for help? I just got a Huion tablet and it absolutely refuses to work with SAI. It just leaps to my other monitor. Every other program works just fine but SAI and Huion just refuse to be on the same screen.
>>
>>2390566
Maybe Sai was designed for bambo and intuos only. At least that might be the case with the japanese and all.
>>
>>2390566
You were warned not to get Huion.
>>
>>2390578
Actually I was not. I was screamed at to get Huion in the question threads that circulate here.
>>
>>2390581
Those were huion marketers probably. Although pairing japcrap with chinkcrap, no wonder you're getting doublecrap.
>>
For some reason CC ran like absolute shit on my PC it just eats RAM but a small 60MB portable version of CS6 runs beautifully, Adobe needs to get their shit together.
>>
>>2390586
The guy was starting those question threads and had a pastebin so I have no idea what the fuck.
>>
>>2390566
Tried switching your main monitor preference in your Windows config panel yet? It would be more of a workaround than a solution, but it's better that than nothing.
>>
>>2390886
Tried it, among other fuckeries. I managed to get the cursor to appear on SAI but it doesnt leave behind any pen mark. Already packed up the thing for a refund though and ordered a wacom. Its fucking expensive but atleast it will work.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.