[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you respond to unrequested critique to your art online?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 313.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
313.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
How do you respond to unrequested critique to your art online?

Someone just decided to do so on a very old drawing of mine, even though you can tell how much I improved from my recent posts.
Should I ask the person about it or just ignore it?
>>
If you really improved you can ignore it. Only listen to the people that has their own work out.
>>
>>2382853
they do have their work online too, but it's mostly...anime-ish style you know those round types what are they called, chibis? or something
i really wanna ask them about it but i dont wanna start drama either
>>
>>2382858
chibis?
just stay away from that dude
>>
>>2382866
thanks i think I will. They seem very immature, despite being so popular. But this is probably going to bum me while I'm drawing
>>
>>2382870
Well if they draw chibis take comfort in that their fanbase is most likely between 11-14 years old, once those kids grow up they will be forgotten just like all of the countless fan artists I used to follow around that age.
>>
>>2382847

thank them kindly, agree with them, be done with it.
>>
>>2382847
It's probably just some dumb kid.
At least someone liked your drawing.

just respond with something like this anon posted
>>2382880

thank you for your comment, I really appreciate your thoughts. This is a very old drawing of mine and everything you just commented is useless to me now. Please never post here again. You seem very immature, despite being so popular. if you draw chibis take comfort in that your fanbase is most likely between 11-14 years old, once those kids grow up they will forget you just like all of the countless fan artists I used to follow around that age.
kind regards
Anon
>>
>>2382847
Don't post it online if you don't want critiques.
>>
>>2383403
wat
>>
>>2383403
Dont go outside if you dont want to be _____
>>
Just move on.

If someone critiqued an ancient work of mine addressing things I've long since addressed I'd probably just not reply. Starting shit is really not worth it, unless their critique was really abrasive and rude. Even then, starting shit is still probably not worth it.
>>
>>2382853
>only listening to people who have their own work out

what a retarded mentality.
>>
>>2384220
Not that anon, but I used to think anyone can give critique as well.

Everyone can give an opinion and tell you if it appeals to them or not, but only those who know what they're doing can give you a meaningful critique. The best way to see if someone knows what they're talking about is seeing their work to be frank famiglia. They don't have to be god tier by any means, but whether they understand perspective, anatomy, color, light, values, or any fundamental, should be pretty evident.

>inb4 i've been baited
>>
>>2384246
I disagree to some extent. If one people who knows nothing about anatomy tells you that shoulder is off when you don't think so then that's that, but if more than a few people tell you that shoulder is off you should probably look at that shoulder.

Also, anyone can judge things like line quality and shape control.
>>
>>2382847
Unrequested critique? At least consider it, unless its unnecessarily mean and not constructive of course. If you wish to survive in a creative field
you really need hunger for it since it really important for you improvement, if it helps, it helps! If it doesn't just disregard it and continue as you were. There is literally nothing to lose.
>>
>>2382847
If it helps you to be a better artist, there should be no problem. If there's a problem, then you shouldn't post it online where anyone can say any awful thing to troll you. Join a class.
>>
>>2384313
eh, everyone has eyes and everyone sees human bodies on a daily basis. people might not be able to tell you how to fix something, but "does this look right" is probably something anyone could answer
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.