[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible for traditional artists to make money these days
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: amazon card plz.jpg (727 KB, 1486x2147) Image search: [Google]
amazon card plz.jpg
727 KB, 1486x2147
Is it possible for traditional artists to make money these days from commissions?
Have the art world gone full digital?
>>
>>2377105
Doesn't matter as long as it is visually appealing.
>>
Some.
Digital is obviously a little more convenient for commissions, but I still see lots of artists sell / do giveaways for the original piece of something done traditionally and distributed digitally.

If you want to make money traditionally, find pet owners and draw portraits of their pets. They love that shit.
>>
shut the fuck up, conceited <asshat>
you actually know {fuck all} besides shitposting on the internet, don't you? go fucking educate yourself
>>
>>2377105
If you are good with time management and quality delivery, then yes.

Most comic book artists for marvel that I know personally uses traditional tools so they can auction the pages right after the comic has been published.
>>
File: 1432309520334.jpg (32 KB, 500x406) Image search: [Google]
1432309520334.jpg
32 KB, 500x406
>>2377105
>>2375620
Proud of you, you've come a long way but you still have a long way to go.
>>
>>2377105
is this mikufag? what does cuba chicken mean?
>>
>>2377105
is not the chamba traditional?
there is market for everyone i guess
>>
>>2377285
seems more like that /pol/ guy to me, the one with the christian girl, but I might be wrong
>>
>>2377105

I don't see why not, maybe best would be mixing two mediums, but it's actually what I would like to do in the future.

That is, be like Scott Robertson, Kaoru Mori and other pros that can make good sketch in 10 minutes and be done with whole work in few hours max. In ink,

Problem is that you have to draw fuckton to achieve such level and learn to not make mistakes - or capitalize on them. So...yeah...
>>
>>2377285
mikufag is from cuba. him, lefty and firez make the mexicans triumvirate of /ic/
thats why they back each other up
>>
File: 1440916160250.jpg (4 KB, 190x190) Image search: [Google]
1440916160250.jpg
4 KB, 190x190
>>2377318
That's the silliest thing I've heard.
>>
>>2377105
Gurney does his freelance work in oils. I mean, he also works for some higher end clients(National Geographic, Scientific American, ect.), but he's also getting money from Dinotopia and his teaching materials. There's a number of artists on the muddy colors blog who work traditionally, seemingly for clients. It's probably going to depend a lot on what medium and what client - Gurney's clients are willing to pay a premium for extremely accurate work that takes a great deal of time, while other clients will want very quick turnarounds and oils wouldn't be well suited to that work.
>>
>>2377328
do you want more fanart
also i want another card plz
can you pls post my comics in /pol/ with the link last time i did that i got banned for 7 days
>>
>>2377105
this is a beautiful drawing
i love it so much
i reminds me of amazon cards
>>
a good scaner
>>
>>2377105
can i request a full nelson mikufag holding a wacom tablet with a frantic expression saying "l-loomis didn't taught me this!" bonus point if its anal
>>
>>2377356
>l
Wtf. Synchronicity. Literally watching Game Grumps play Dinotopia right now.
>>
>>2377120
Jesus dude, go jack off or something you're getting pissed at a genuine question here.
>>
>>2377111
This.
>>
>>2379584
Calm the fuck down malaysiafag.
>>
whats with the hardon on mikufag lately
>>
File: 1437042258658.png (262 KB, 362x372) Image search: [Google]
1437042258658.png
262 KB, 362x372
>>2379863
Everyone's after that virgin boi pussy what's not to get?
>>
>>2379871
sauce
>>
>>2379584
THIS IS AN ART CHALLENGE
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.