[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pixel art thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: Room_2_wip.png (29 KB, 610x450) Image search: [Google]
Room_2_wip.png
29 KB, 610x450
I'm quite new to the ic-board but haven't seen any pixel art.
I mostly draw normal stuff but am currently working on a game with a friend and I wanted to try out pixel art.
The pic is the room I am currently working on in the game and any critique is welcome.
Post your pixel art, if you have any below, would be awesome to see what level others are on.
>>
There really aren't a whole lot of pixel-artists on ic. I'm not entirely sure why, it may just be a bit of a "specialized" medium. But I'm glad to see people posting their pixel art any time either way.

What are you going for with your image and is there anything in particular you feel could be improved on, but don't know how, etc?
>>
File: pixel_knight_01.png (5 KB, 233x250) Image search: [Google]
pixel_knight_01.png
5 KB, 233x250
I like pixel art. Currently trying to get into spriting but man, animation is tough.
>>
You REALLY should work on fundamentals (perspective/composition/color theory) before delving into a specialization like pixel art, especially one with so many limitations

Go to pixelation/pixeljoint once you've become decent enough to get meaningful critiques (you can look at all the 0 to 2 replies threads for an idea of when you're still not good at fundamentals to post)
>>
>>2378021
>You REALLY should work on fundamentals (perspective/composition/color theory) before delving into [X]
Kind of goes without saying.
>>
>>2377952
I really like this one.

I think it could use some more contrast to make the shades clearer. I noticed it's also very jaggy looking when zoomed out, but I feel like this is something that just kind of happens with smaller sprites with a lot of detail (although it is possible to smooth them out).

Is the cape meant to be tattered?
>>
File: pixelaurt.png (201 B, 69x56) Image search: [Google]
pixelaurt.png
201 B, 69x56
heres my pixel art am i good yet
>>
>>2379175
Thanks. Will try to get more contrast in.

>Is the cape meant to be tattered?
Yes, Actually it should wobble around monroe style, but I suck at animation.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.