[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we all just acknowledge the amazing talent, creativity a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: TopCldo.jpg (73 KB, 755x581) Image search: [Google]
TopCldo.jpg
73 KB, 755x581
Can we all just acknowledge the amazing talent, creativity and imagination of this amazing artist?

http://imgur.com/gallery/PseIb

Jesus fucking christ people.
>>
It looks fine
Your thread is still complete shit and obviously doing one of two things:
Promoting yourself in a really hamfisted way
Intentionally promoting somebody else in a hamfisted way, possibly ironically, to piss off /ic/.
I'm guessing option two - fuck off either way.
>>
>>2376972
Get back to me when you find someone that has the ability to successfully stylize a believable figure from imagination without relying on reference for how form is affected by light, referencing hands, faces, etc.

Then and only then would I be impressed.
>>
>>2376972

are you hating? did that guy get hired over you and now you are mad as fuck? boyo you should see the people that get hired over ME, THEN you would understand...
>>
>>2376972
Get off the web and go draw, anon.
>>
Fuck off with your weeb anime shit
>>
>>2376972
I don't even understand the need for ref in OP's image.

I see lots of artists with heavy reliance on exact photo ref and it confuses me. People like a Dan Dos Santos or Donato who shoot scenes with models for things they should be able to paint form imagination. (especially with all their experience)

There isn't anything going on in this >>2376972 that someone who studies regularly shouldn't be able to do from imagination with no ref.

If op really is that artists I would suggest getting away from heavily reffing your work asap. I can tell you don't know how to draw very well. Even with photo ref to copy you still drew/rendered a bunch of shit wrong. Go study more from life. Using too much ref is just going to limit your work and make what you do produce shitty, as shown in the image you posted.
>>
>>2377421
This still isn't anywhere close to the level of cornpenis.
https://imgur.com/a/TtcTC
>>
>>2376972
well... I like the original photo more than the finished painting. It already contains all the creativity of the piece.
>>
>>2377421
It's their schtick anon, this "artist" is really popular on Facebook with normies. Having the reference let's the normies know that it looks like something and so it must be good.
>>
daft punk does exactly that, don't you get it yet?

most the times there's not honor at making services
>>
Their art's alright, not as bad as these queefs say, but I don't think the caricature aspect is very good. The drawings don't look like the people they're referencing. I see a lot of "caricature" artists like this who think they can draw likenesses but really they can't. This artist's style is ok otherwise.
>>
>>2376972
This is a troll thread right?
>>
>>2376972
>Can we all just acknowledge the amazing talent, creativity and imagination of this amazing artist?

Being humble goes a long way. Also its far from impressive. The first one is nice.
>>
>>2376972
Waaaaah

People like shit and they pay money for it

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

It's capitalism.
Get used to it.
>>
>>2376972
OP pic is actually pretty cute
stay mad
>>
>>2378879
Both. Check your construction, plum lines, proportions and your shapes against each other to figure out mistakes. Try to understand how the construction results in a certain shape.
>>
>>2376972

I agree with everything but the creative and imaginative part. This work is basic caricature making 101.
>>
>>2379886
They aren't even very good charicatures. A lot of them feel like incorrect reductions that don't even really echo the expression of the original photo, just a more cliche approximation.
>>
>>2379906
Word of truth
>>
>>2379906
Yeah, I can't even tell his intent. If it's to make a cute cartoon, sure he succeeded, but the OP pic doesn't look anything like the reference. It looks like all he used the ref for was the barber's hands. The girl's expression isn't really even showing the same emotion. All in all, it's pissing me off.
>>
>>2379906
This is often what I think when I see a lot of these "caricatures".
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.