[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any current day artists out there who are good at imitating
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: frank_frazetta_thedestroyer.jpg (421 KB, 1035x1200) Image search: [Google]
frank_frazetta_thedestroyer.jpg
421 KB, 1035x1200
Are there any current day artists out there who are good at imitating the Frank Frazetta style and are willing to take commissions?
>>
Just curious - how much are you expecting to pay?
>>
>>2376956
only the guy who paint doto2 comics but i doubt he will take commissions
>>
>>2376956

500-800$ please, half upfront after approving sketch, half after delivery of low res file, after full payment is made full res file is sent your way.
>>
>>2377008
Wow - got a real professional here, folks! Look at them slamming down those "terms & conditions"!
>>
>>2377012

helps to tell people this stuff so they get an idea of how the back and forth of trust-forwarding works. some people have this idea that hiring you equals you spending a week working, then they get the work, and then they decide IF they pay you, and what they pay you. On the other hand we also don't want clients to think that they have to send over full payment and trust us not to scam them.

I think that's pretty basic shit anon.
>>
>>2377008
>>2377055
Post some of your work then
>>
>>2376956
yes, i can do it in traditional if you want
>>
>>2376962
$50-60, obviously this is dependant on the outcome of the picture and the overall quality.
>>
>>2376962
Not sure desu. Never commissioned art before.
>>
File: 1398198082917.gif (2 MB, 390x277) Image search: [Google]
1398198082917.gif
2 MB, 390x277
>>2377266

Good luck with that, friendo.
>>
>>2377266
Do you know how long Frazetta himself probably spent on that piece above? You've gotta be realistic, man. $60-80 is fine for some linework with a few figures on it and maybe some solid color - and a good artist can make something that looks pretty cool in that budget, but if you want a full-blown painting with like dozens of figures like Frazetta it's going to cost substantially more unfortunately.

You're paying a highly skilled professional individual to devote their time to your project so you can't really expect to get away with minimum wage. It's like with anything man, custom stuff is always way more expensive than something that's mass-produced because the producer already spent all that money creating it. Take a video game for example. You might feel like you're getting ripped off having to pay $400 for a painting but how much do you think the publishers of a video game paid for all of that artwork in their games? For all of those character concepts, textures, special effects, animations and so on it's easily in the tens if not hundreds of thousands for a triple-A title.
>>
>>2377266
Bump that up to 250$ and I'll do it.
>>
>>2377266
top teir meme friend
>>
File: 1403302544863.jpg (238 KB, 1001x750) Image search: [Google]
1403302544863.jpg
238 KB, 1001x750
>>2377873

How about you post some of your work and show you're worth $250.
>>
>>2377884
[merc.wip intensifies]
>>
>>2376956
>Are there any current day artists out there who are good at imitating the Frank Frazetta style
>good at
>good

No.
There's mike Hoffman, but he's no frazetta.
>>
>>2377266
lol you can find desperate faggots in 3rd world countries and make that for you for $5
>>
File: Its_ogre.gif (1 MB, 380x206) Image search: [Google]
Its_ogre.gif
1 MB, 380x206
>>2377884
no
>>
File: PatrickBaitman.jpg (198 KB, 828x768) Image search: [Google]
PatrickBaitman.jpg
198 KB, 828x768
>>2377266
Are you the same asshole who made that thread claiming you were looking to commission painters? If not all I can say is top kek.
>>
>>2378740
>mike Hoffman

how cool is it that this dude has his comission prices out there in the open. they seem a little low though, as usual the market realities are WAAAY below what 'we are supposed o charge'.
>>
>>2377266

Any artist who's Frazetta tier will be asking $100 per hour at least.
>>
>>2377266
FUCKING
K
E
K
>>
>>2377266
Yeah no. As a very self admitted amateur artist who knows they can't draw realisticly for shit, I'd gladly take that for an attempt at a Frazetta knock off.

Aim higher if you want something beautiful. You're asking for punk prices.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.