[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone help me figure out why this doll http://www.cust
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 26718-H-1-1.png (213 KB, 439x375) Image search: [Google]
26718-H-1-1.png
213 KB, 439x375
Can someone help me figure out why this doll http://www.custombobbleservice.com/uploadpic/2016-02/26718-H-1-1.png

does not look like this person http://i.imgur.com/hiiMhqZ.png http://i.imgur.com/hyRDEOq.png http://i.imgur.com/NaRu2UC.jpg

I would appreciate if someone with more knowledge on facial features please chime in and tell me what to let the person know to fix.
thank you!
>>
>>2376675
are you the artist or not?
>>
No I am not. This is a gift for my girlfriend.
>>
>>2376675
The doll's entire skull is too shallow and the jaw is too narrow. This pushes her cheeks and jowls too outward. The lips are too thin and the teeth too large. The eyes are too large and too close together. The nose flare is too tall and isn't shaped correctly. The nasal bridge on the doll comes out too far and is too thick.
>>
File: imshitatthis.png (266 KB, 407x343) Image search: [Google]
imshitatthis.png
266 KB, 407x343
>>2376675
I'd redline it because this might as well be practice, no idea if you sculpted this.

The main issue I see is the eyes being too big and the ear is too low (but I am not 100% certain of this because you don't have a fully front angle photograph), another issue is that her skin tone is more pale.
>>
>>2376684
>The lips are too thin
I mean too thick.
>>
>>2376678
if that's the current skill of the author then there is nothing you can tell him to get the likeness better

if the artist gave you different prices for different levels of work, with higher being more time put into and therefore better likeness then you should have opted for that

but I doubt is the second case, it just look like the work of a upper- beginner which still needs years of studying, there is nothing which you can tell him to improve upon over night, he just need mileage

next time when commissioning an artist ask to see some older works of his so you can see if he can do the level of work you require, and expect a more experienced artist to ask for a higher price
>>
>>2376675
It looks like her as much as actor's character dolls look like them.
You can tell its supposed to be her, stop being autistic.
For improvements I'd change the skin tone, because her skin is paler than the doll's.
>>
>>2376705
somebody get this hothead out of here
>>
>>2376685
>ear is too low

Her head is at an angle in that picture you dufus.
>>
>>2376675
lack of eyebag shadow makes her look pretty lifeless.

is the doll laying flat looking up?
>>
It's pretty spot-on dude the biggest issue is

1. It's fucking not made out of organic material

2. the teeth are "symbol sculpted"

The teeth stand out as being the single most inaccurate part, followed but her top lip being just a bit too thick.
>>
>>2376716
It is a custom bobblehead so it will be on top of a torso also custom made.
>>
>>2376720
how would you recommend i describe to the sculpter the issue with the teeth. I know little about sculpting so I don't know what symbol sculpting is.
>>
>>2376675
Too cheeky
>>
>>2376675
Cheeks are too puffy, eyes too large, eyebrows are the wrong shape, and the artist completely missed her square jaw, making the face look too round. The dimples around the mouth are also too pronounced, and overall she looks like she's 15 years older than the girl in the picture.
>>
It looks pretty accurate, you may just be expecting a bit too much from the medium. Have you ever seen a doll or in your case and bobble head look incredibly life like and detailed?

The inaccuracies are very minor but it's just the puffiness of the cheeks that seem a bit much. After a painting pass with simulated make up and skin tone or blemishes, it's quite nice.

The resemblance is clear and only needs the final polish I think.
>>
>>2376675
I think its mostly the poofyness of the doll.
>>
>>2376723
Link this thread for the artist.
>>
>>2376675
I kinda does loook like her apart from the skin color. Proportions are a bit weird on the doll, the skull is too small/narrow compared to the face, mouth is a bit too wide and cheekbones are too low (thats the big one, it makes the doll feel kinda puffy).

Still though, for a doll it's pretty spot on imho.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.