[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many years do you need to git gud? Ive started 2 months ago
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 13
File: Image (29)aa.jpg (425 KB, 1215x1200) Image search: [Google]
Image (29)aa.jpg
425 KB, 1215x1200
How many years do you need to git gud?
Ive started 2 months ago and i want to at least draw like pic related before a year
>>
>>2375620
>want to at least draw like pic related before a year

Quit now while you are still ahead.
>>
File: loomis.jpg (23 KB, 500x407) Image search: [Google]
loomis.jpg
23 KB, 500x407
>>2375620
bro if it takes you a year to reach this your are garbage..its so soulless. the thing on her head is supposed to look like its made out of bone.
>>
>>2375620
tree fiddy years
>>
>>2375631
>>2375638
wait, so how long does an amatuer that starts from stickfigures to reach that level?
>>
>>2375620

3-6 years to become somewhat skilled.
>>
>>2375620
3 hours a day, making full use of your time and resources, finding someone who can give decent advice should be easy. Actually hope you could do better than pic related
>>
In terms of line quality, I improved from choppy lines to smooth lines with variations in two months going to studio 9hrs/week. My teachers were really good.
>>
>>2375704
post ur work
>>
You'll hit that level reasonably quick, but don't make the mistake a lot of people do and neglect any sort of fundamentals due to 'muh style'

Being able to design something from imagination will take longer, though.

I almost guarantee after a few months of drawing you'll set your bar higher, though. The carrot and the stick is pretty severe with artists.
>>
>>2375620
if you cant get to this level in a month you need to quit art
>>
>>2375638
read it again
>>
>>2375620
mikufag drew for 5 years and even he havent reach that level yet
>>
>>2376753
christchan fag please
>>
>>2375620

I draw maybe 15 to 45 minutes a day. I work 3 jobs full time at two... So I can't put 2+ hours inn a day.

The thing is OP. Stop asking what you reach. I am certain that drawing is well beyond your ability. Just by asking. Instead, ask yourself what you think you want to reach and see it inside your own brain.

I decided to forgo normal, do this, read this, practice this. Instead I draw exclusively from my imagination. And onto of that, I draw mostly hentai and sex stuff. I went from stick figures with shaking lines, flat ass looking pictures and no skill. Too drawing confident lines and able to make drawings maybe at your OP image level minus some issue with faces and proportions sometimes being wonky. Some issues with hands but only when closed... Look like lop sided eggs open they're fine.

I'm 1 year 1 month inn. I also missed 3 months straight, so minus that. I take 2 days inn a row off on my days off cause, fuck it I want to do other things.

My reason for learning to draw what to see stuff people won't draw for free, or want a godly amount for sub-par skills I'm sure I can eventually surpass myself.

The point: Shut the fuck up, and draw. If I can do it at 15 to 45 minutes per day tops. Without guides, videos books. You have no excuses. Also, don't come to /ic/ and ask, trolls everywhere here. i'm happier I decided to take another anons advice, similar to mine minus. They draw 8+ hours a day, so they yield faster skill development.
>>
>>2377599
Can you post any examples? I want to see what does skill that came out of pure imagination looks like.
>>
>>2377599
>if i can do it
>posts no example
>probably fucking shit
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 475x599) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 475x599
>>2375620
For some reason, I thought OP was a drawing of Angelica as a teenager
>>
>>2377604

His skill is the imaginary part.
>>
File: viewtifuljusty.png (204 KB, 777x805) Image search: [Google]
viewtifuljusty.png
204 KB, 777x805
I've been doing this for most of my life and I'm only here.

Surpass me. It's easy.
>>
>>2375620
You're overthinking and really how much time something takes is up to how much you can and will put into art. I gave another person advice in a similar thread - >>2376804

It's good to give yourself goals but honestly the drawing you've posted is nothing to be impressed about. It seems rather stylized and flat, the artist doesn't come off as really understanding form. If you follow the advice I gave the other anon, draw 1-3 hours a day (start off small) and you draw from life you'll notice improvements over time.

Stop worrying about it and just do it. There's no secret, the majority of improvement in art is just DOING art. That's the problem with /ic/, we're so caught up in deconstructing others' work and overanalyzing what we need to do we forget to actually draw.

>>2378253
I've seen you around before, sounds like you're down on your art. If I had to guess I'd say you're too comfortable and not trying new things. You're not that bad and can easily improve if you're willig to let go of what you do currently (gotta change to improve). You ought to do what I've told the OP from this and the other thread, gesture would also help - http://artists.pixelovely.com/practice-tools/figure-drawing/ . Just start draw-a-box, do still life studies, put some elbow grease in and you WILL improve.
>>
>>2377604
>>2377621
>>2378207

This is why I won't post. See OP, this is what /i/c offers you. Attacks, shitty wannabes and nothing worthy to help you of note.

Just draw, not hard. Only good advice I got from here.
>>
>>2378992
Weenie.
>>
>>2375668
About two weeks if they're serious about getting gud.
>>
>>2378992
who cares what some people think, post um. I post my shitty drawings
>>
>>2380980
To clarify - Probably once you get out of symbol drawing, and start really basic anatomy (even just working from reference honestly) you'd be at this level.

Anime is fucking easy.
>>
>>2380980
>Two weeks
Hahahahaha. No.
>>
spend every second drawing. it helps. just draw until you cant, im new myself but getting better
>>
>>2375620
Everyone is different and it'll take shorter or longer depending on a whole bunch of factors that you really can't control save for a few so it's not worth worrying about it. If you are dedicated, proactive and seriously devote yourself to your craft you can get to a decent level realistically in 2-4 years but it's really not a science, it's all about how hard you're willing to work.
>>
File: 1362180083777.jpg (587 KB, 1920x2165) Image search: [Google]
1362180083777.jpg
587 KB, 1920x2165
>>2384408
>Anime is fucking easy.

Not really. Anime makes use of 100% of the same fundamentals as realism. The only difference is that the eyes tend to be stylized and sometimes the anatomy is slightly simplified and that's it.

You are just one of these special type of retards who can't understand that bad artists draw bad art, regardless what style they choose. It just so happens that anime is very popular with younger people who aren't very dedicated when it comes to getting better at the fundamentals, so a lot of anime drawings are bad. Any skilled, serious artist who draws in anime style has a better knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals than you will ever have. Especially actual animators.
>>
>>2384435
>100%
More like 27%.
Also the rest of the face tends to be also extremely stylized and simplified? Why?
Because it's supposed to be fucking reproduced while still maintaining similar look in like a kajillion different scenes.

Daily reminder that "Animu" is called "chineese cartoons" for a reason.

Also, not samefag as >>2384408
>>
File: krenz-cushart-150820.jpg (154 KB, 1200x848) Image search: [Google]
krenz-cushart-150820.jpg
154 KB, 1200x848
>>2384490
you are a retard, plain and simple. You desperately need to feel superior so you completely obsess over the fucking stylization of the faces in certain anime styles while completely ignoring the fact that these artists have a better understanding of form, perspective, gesture, anatomy than you will ever have.
>>
>>2375620
>>2376753
>Ive started 2 months ago
>that level

Maylasia spammer fag became aware he is getting nowhere after at least 1 year intensive sonichu comic scribbling and who knows how many years being a closet faggot before

Instead of stop being a symboal tracing chickenscratching faggot now he just desperately tries to pretend he started drawing only in 2016.

Just when you thought he could not become more of a lowlife after spamming and samefagging his "art" on /pol/ everyday
>>
File: one-punch-man.jpg (201 KB, 780x718) Image search: [Google]
one-punch-man.jpg
201 KB, 780x718
>>2384520
>you are a retard, plain and simple. You desperately need to feel superior so you completely obsess animation techniques while completely ignoring the fact that it's true that they have to reuse the character art style for more convenient workflow.

Stop ass kissing great artists.
>>
>>2384435
Akihiko yoshida is a god, btw anime is easier in comparison with some styles
>>
>>2384526
Also those techniques can be applied to any technique whether western cartoon style or eastern anime style.
>>
File: 1422311819836.jpg (145 KB, 539x700) Image search: [Google]
1422311819836.jpg
145 KB, 539x700
>>2384490
Anime, just like anything else is just a bunch of shapes and volumes, drawn in a way to create the illusion of depth and 3 dimensionality.

People like you are clearly still beginners who don't understand this very basic concept. Both anime and realism are built from the exact same fundamentals. The underlying construction is nearly identical (depending on the individual artist of course). All noobs like you can see however is what lies above this construction on the surface. You see stylization and you deem it inferior. you see defined muscles and rendering and you deem it superior.

People who can't understand what makes a drawing good beneath the surface of style or realism are without exception shit tier beginners who can't draw.
>>
>>2384524
But you have to admit Malaysia Anon's improved a bit from the first time I saw him starting to draw.
>>
>>2384526
We aren't talking about anime as a medium you moron, but anime as a style as a whole. How stupid are you, seriously?
>>
>>2384535
>>2384532
Anime style is more simplified.
Anatomy and posing is important, but it can be applied to any style, really. Anime tends to be more passionate about it more than a typical western cartoon.
>>
>>2384533
hes also the fastest growing artist ive ever seen.
from a total nobody to someone big in less than a year
>>
>>2384544
>someone big

Good God, get over yourself

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandiose_delusions
>>
>>2375620
Honestly OP it depends on you how fast you improve. I've seen some peop;e take years to go from stickfigures to the quality in your op pic, and I've seen people go from stick figures to masterpieces in a year. It depends on how much you're willing/can put into practicing.

Do studies. It gets said a lot as a meme but legitimately, Loomis is a good start. The more you work at it the better you'll get and at some point you'l surpass the drawing in your OP but how long it takes to get there depends on you.
>>
>>2384540
Drawing a figure in perspective to create the illusion of depth is literally the hardest part of figure drawing from imagination. 99% of people on /ic/ can't even draw a proper turnaround of a referenced figure. What you draw on the surface, whether it's stylized or realistic, doesn't make this task any easier or more difficult.

Drawing realism requires slightly more thorough memorization of anatomy, whereis stylization requries more of a design sense, but the core fundamentals that make either drawing look good are exactly 100% the same.
>>
>>2384435
I wasn't even the op lol
>>
>>2384544
>someone big
>makes 47 bucks on patreon

inb4 "STILL MORE THAN YOU REEEEEE STOP BULLYING ME I MEAN HIM"
>>
>>2378992
/ic/ is just blind leading the blind. Ignore the wannabe trolls, I just want to see your art.
>>
File: 145367341309412.gif (2 MB, 663x603) Image search: [Google]
145367341309412.gif
2 MB, 663x603
>>2384572
still
makes
more
than
u
;)
>>
File: CouVgAm.jpg (107 KB, 563x548) Image search: [Google]
CouVgAm.jpg
107 KB, 563x548
>>2384544

Jesus holy fucking christ.
>>
>>2384544
Fuck off you malaysian idiot.
>>
>>2384544
>he
>from a total nobody to someone big in less than a year

>/pol/ spammer
>untalented
>autist

So you are proud to be a small pie Jersey who made it to international news for being too retarded to be jailed for supporting ISIS?
>>
>>2384588
>47$ a month
>that's 1.56$ per day
>that doesn't even account for the cut that Patreon takes

You sure have made it, Malaysia fag. What are you gonna do with all that money?
>>
>>2384570

Its a thread started by Mike.You have to life with the fact that every single post is suspicious of samefagging.
>>
File: IMG_082972_23.jpg (93 KB, 731x791) Image search: [Google]
IMG_082972_23.jpg
93 KB, 731x791
>>2384532
Also yes, I am a "newbie", but honestly drawing anime is very different from drawing realistic.
HONESTLY, it isn't as hard as a task of drawing realistically, where even the slightest errors fucks everything up.
Anime is more forgiving tbqh.
>>
>>2375620
wait op why would you want your art to look anything like pic related
>>
>>2384619
>I only started drawing an hour ago

Congratulations Malaysia.

Your first own meme material, after trying so hard for years.
>>
>>2384607
>You sure have made it, Malaysia fag. What are you gonna do with all that money

Pay the 2 credit card bills that are paying for his 2 samefag Patreon accounts
>>
>>2384614
even the negative ones
his aim is to cause butthurt
best move is not to play
>>
>>2384640
>years
I only started browsing this board literally on the first of Jan of this year and actually gained an interest in drawing a week after, so only progressed like a ~month.

I know it's shit but I would actually just added more guidelines if it wasn't just a rough sketch.

Also, who's this Malaysian guy your're talking about? Isn't he the christ-chan drawer?
>>
>>2384653
wanna talk to him?
>>>/pol/63229901

he makes /pol/ drawthreads and the only one that can maintain it
>>
>>2376753
who the hell is mikufag?
>>
>>2384699
an autist from /ic/ that draws loli and shills his shit everywhere
he shills in /co/ and /v/ man what an autist
nobody likes mikufag, hes well known everywhere
man i hate mikufag you should know mikufag or youre a newfag
>>
File: 1363465957124.jpg (230 KB, 1280x920) Image search: [Google]
1363465957124.jpg
230 KB, 1280x920
>>2384619
Your drawing looks like utter shit and lacks any and all understanding of proper head construction. Doesn't matter whether or not you decide to draw big eyes and a simplified nose on top of that inherently flawed construction. Thanks for proving my point though.
>>
>>2384614
I use to think that too, and it fucked me up for years. Eventually if you want to pull off poses and anything more than generic anime girl standing there you're going to have to learn. Especially bodies.
>>
>>2384888
What are you even talking about?
>>
>>2384890

Sorry meant >>2384619 I fat fingered my response
>>
>>2375620
the artist has mastered form, you'd probably take 2 years to reach his level and about a hundred years to beat his patreon
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.