[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people learn to draw Why did you learn to draw What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: 1342230963070.jpg (171 KB, 816x1123) Image search: [Google]
1342230963070.jpg
171 KB, 816x1123
Why do people learn to draw

Why did you learn to draw

What does drawing mean to you
>>
>>2374959
learnt to draw cuz it looked fun
I used to draw because i liked it
Now i draw because if i dont ill forever be embarassed at the huge sunk cost

I fucking hate drawing and that's how it should be for everyone.
>>
>>2374959
It's like learning magic.
>>
File: 1403372497837.gif (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1403372497837.gif
2 MB, 640x360
>>2374959
>>
File: cobaltstreak.jpg (10 KB, 293x282) Image search: [Google]
cobaltstreak.jpg
10 KB, 293x282
>Why do people learn to draw
Casuality.

>Why did you learn to draw
Saw my siblings drawing, thought it was fun so I started along them.

>What does drawing mean to you
It is the only thing I can do to impress anyone. I suck at everything else. I also suck at drawing, but normies won't notice.
>>
>>2374959
The desire to make something.
I always like, then I just started to see in a serious form.
Great part of my life.
>>
Normies praise so now that's all I live for.
>>
its fun, i like the problem solving aspect (figuring out perspective, arranging good compositions, pleasant proportions, etc), you create a unique product, raises social standing, another avenue to convey your thoughts, etc. probably a shitty reason but painting digitally makes me feel like im on the cutting edge of society

theres gorillions of advantages and the only real cost is time and literally material costs (which can be somewhat cheap if done right)
>>
>>2374959
some people are naturals like me
never did i just copy things better
is satisfiying when is finished
>>
>>2374959
I use to genuinely enjoy drawing when I was younger. I'd draw dragons and make up my own creatures and animals. Lost a bit of passion when I grew into my teens. Now, I just draw for the sake of it. Because it's something to do. I wish I had the patience I once had.
>>
File: awake.jpg (22 KB, 600x454) Image search: [Google]
awake.jpg
22 KB, 600x454
>>2374973
T H I S
H
I
S
>>
>>2374973
>Casuality
Is that like causality?

>I suck at everything else
Spelling being among them.
>>
>>2374967
>learnt to draw
fucking kek
>>
File: potato girl.gif (992 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
potato girl.gif
992 KB, 500x280
>>2374973
I'm real mad that this is my answer, too.
>>
Drawing is the thing that anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.
>>
so they can display imagination..?
self accomplishment i guess, its something ive been decent at since a young age and i fear ill never be good enough at anything else this late into my life
its a skill, and i keep wanting to get better at it, not in hope of fame or anything, i just want to..
>>
>>2374959
I started because I wanted to make my own comic book.

I like the eureka moments I get from learning a new part of drawing

It means a lot right now maybe 65% of my life
>>
>>2374959
It's the only thing left in life that gives me any kind of satisfaction.
>>
I hope it's because they enjoy themselves or something like that.
Because I was bored one day and knew I needed something to do during highschool classes.
Aside from being the computer guy who fixes your shit to all but three people I talk to it's the only thing I do outside of work. Well that and make whacky paper planes.
>>
>>2374959

1. Various reasons, mostly I think it's as a mean to express themselves.

2. I didn't learn to draw, I'm beginner.

3. It's my attempt at having a hobby.
>>
>>2374959
just read the thread

when I was 5 and was watching this anime, the main girl character's skirt went up higher than usual, what I saw was my future flashing before my very eyes. then and there I knew what must be done.

everything
>>
Don't know, maybe for fun.
I'm learning because I like to challenge myself. I was never good at drawing.
Drawing means creating my own world. I can draw what I want. It's cool.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.