[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I bought a Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch in 2011, thinking it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: bamboo.jpg (26 KB, 560x323) Image search: [Google]
bamboo.jpg
26 KB, 560x323
I bought a Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch in 2011, thinking it would get me drawing again. It didnt, I barely used it in all these years, just ocassionally connecting it twice a year and thats it. Well Ive been trying to get it set up again for some time and it just doesnt work anymore, but I refuse to accept it. How can it just go bad like that? I didnt drop it, I always kept it safe, how can it from one day to another just suddenly not work anymore? Windows 7/8 doesnt recognize it, Wacom drivers dont recognize it, it doesnt lit up anymore when I connect it... I tried 3 different computers, and nothing.

Could it be the cable? Ive tried 3 mini USB cables, all work for my phone, but none with the tablet... do I need a special one? I feel so hopeless, like I cant do anything about it but suck it up...
>>
It's not pc, it's not cable, looks like it really the pad itself. If not for the fact that it doesn't lit up I'd say you would have had a chance, but the this fact makes me think that something critical has happened. Don't know what you're so pissed about, you had 5 years to fully utilize it and while finding that it suddenly broken is upsetting you're really overreacting with hopelessness and stuff.
>>
>>2373012
Yeah Im not blaming Wacom or anything, Im just seeing the use I gave it and I want to hit myself... even more because Im relativelitely poor so I wont be able to afford another one for a while... still Ive got a ton of paper and I know you guys advocate paper over digital for newbies so Im glad theres that!

I just sort of wanted a definitive answer on whether theres any chance of it working or I have to throw it away...
>>
Now that Im bac to pen and paper, at what level fo proficiency should I switch to digital?
>>
>>2372996
Capacitors could have gone bad or more likely is your connector could be loose inside the tablet.

Also, some phone USB cables only have power and no data. If your phone enumerates on your pc then it should be Ok to use as a regular cable.
>>
>>2373156
yeah i wish, but this is fucked. i kind of opened it (its not really openeable but i did what i could) and tried to move the chip a little and also the mini usb entry but nothing happened

and yeah i tried with cables that only do power and some that do both its over, only tears now
>>
I have the same tablet and bought about the same time as yours. It stopped working a month ago, I plug it into the PC but nothing happens. I think it's just programmed obsolescence :/
>>
>>2373389
this confirms it then
good riddance
>>
>>2373389
>>2373401

I also have a CTH-460, mine is black though. Mine still works, but I'll tell you, I feel like I lost some functionality moving from Windows 7 to 8. It took a while to get it to work. Part of the reason I'm not on 10 yet is because I'm not sure how the tablet's operation will be affected.
>>
>>2372996
welp time to get a new one
this time wise it up and buy an intous one
>>
>>2374242
Is Intuos Pro L a wise choice?
>>
You could try to crank it open and try to fix it...I mean that's what I would do.
>>
>>2374295
Also my bet is on corrosion, can't be anything usage related since you didn't use it. If it's localized then you can probably find it if you have a multimeter (there are cheap ones under 10$ and it's enough) and patience. If it's widespread then it's dead. But localized one could be fixed.
>>
>>2374248
seems like overkilling for someone who barely use it buy a cheap one like intous 3
>>
>>2372996
> 2011

Meanwhile, I have a wacom intuos 4 small been using everyday since 2010 and it's still working. the original grip pen died though so I have to buy another one.
>>
>>2374308
? I use it everyday
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.