[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
learn to paint values with grayscale first and quit studying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
learn to paint values with grayscale first and quit studying anatomy for the shake of anatomy, learn to draw form, then values, then color
>>
>>2371622

Alright, so grayscale first, then color. Where do I go about learning that? Any book or video suggestions with heavy focus on it you can point me to?
>>
>>2371609

Wow, that colored lighting flash app at the bottom is real neato
>>
File: 29a31ca1.png (242 KB, 904x759) Image search: [Google]
29a31ca1.png
242 KB, 904x759
>>2371639
get NMA videos, there's good lessos to that, if you want to learn quicker, don't try to copy values, just focus to design contrasts to make ilusions of depth
>>
>>2371664
Not him, but which NMA video is that?

Seems like I'm only getting Vilppu and traditional stuff when I search for it.
>>
>>2371882
not him but CTRL+paint has some short stuff about volumes
if you are going for digital painting CTRL+pain is great in general, use it
>>
>>2371884
Not him, but thanks for the suggestion!
>>
>>2371900
not him but could someone answer the first question?
>>
>>2371900
Not him but you're welcome
>>
>>2371915
I don't even know who you are anymore!
>>
>>2371882
>>2371884
>>2371900
>>2371911
>>2371915

not anyone, but hi!
>>
>>2371925
Hi Anon!
>>
>>2371932
who are you? Anon, is that you?
>>
>>2371938
I was the first Anon...
>>2371882
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.