[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: 4chan.png (98 KB, 591x590) Image search: [Google]
4chan.png
98 KB, 591x590
Can someone make any suggestions as to what's wrong with this?

Something looks off with the angling or proportions in the upper part of the face but I can't tell what.
>>
>>2371357
I think its great but if i had to say what you think is wrong with it try pushing in the left cheek
>>
>>2371373
I Think I tried that, but since I've moves things around since then I'll give it another try.
>>
Read the sticky, post in the beginner thread instead of making one just for yourself.

>>2371373
The blind leading the blind.
>>
>>2371381
I'd post in the beginners thread if there were one,

so if you're not going to help, you can just go on back to /b/
>>
>>2371386
How can I specifically help you with only one post when what you need is an introduction to drawing? There is no particular thing that's wrong, everything's wrong. Should I offer you a private course on the very basics of constructing the head? Study construction of the head with the help of the book of your choice, that is all I have to say.
>>
the neck is far too thin for the head, take a mirror and evaluate. assess the angle that would be necessary for the ear to jut that far past the neckline. what you have is the impression that the head is too far forward.
>>
>>2371386
Also there is a beginner thread.
>>
>>2371391
It's not supposed to be realism you mad little troll, don't you have something better to do?
>>
>>2371394
>i-it's muh style to lack construction knowledge
Really? Stylization also requires construction.
>>
>>2371392
thanks!
>>
>>2371399
I came here because I know there something wrong with it.
I'm not claiming to be an expert, but I think I'm better than the average beginner.
>>
>>2371409
>anon tells you what you need to study to fix not just this head, but all the heads you draw in future
>spergs out

Just get off the board already.
>>
File: 483287.jpg (60 KB, 344x291) Image search: [Google]
483287.jpg
60 KB, 344x291
>>2371409
>better than the average beginner
>can't draw a fucking head
>>
File: underwater-gate-guardian-wip.jpg (178 KB, 499x800) Image search: [Google]
underwater-gate-guardian-wip.jpg
178 KB, 499x800
>>2372105
post your work, here's mine btw
>>
>>2372105
so insightful.

OP, leave this place. Not because you are bad or being a dick but because this place is shit. You will get maybe one good crit while the rest is just shitposting like this faggot here.
>>
>>2371357
It appears, to me, that the left cheek/eye would suggest the face is looking more to the left than the nose and left eye would suggest. This is partly due to where you drew the neck, or conversely how large you drew the right eye and cheek.

You could try moving the neck down closer to the chin and the shoulders out more, or you could make her right eye smaller and pull in that right cheek/brow some.

Either of these might help.
>>
File: maybe.jpg (70 KB, 591x590) Image search: [Google]
maybe.jpg
70 KB, 591x590
>>2372143
Forgot pic (this is both mods I mentioned together)
>>
>>2372163
you're not helping. stop.
>>
>>2371357

The architecture of the head is out of drawing. Find a simplified version of the human head, like Asaro's, and see if you can find a similar angle to draw.

I could list the areas where you've deviated from a more proper construction of the human head, but you'll actually learn it if you have to figure it out yourself. Just remember to construct it in proper perspective with large planes first before moving on to any subdivisions.
>>
File: anon.jpg (94 KB, 637x700) Image search: [Google]
anon.jpg
94 KB, 637x700
>>
>>2372193
LOL

>>2372108
ur shit op
>>
File: le delay face.jpg (42 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
le delay face.jpg
42 KB, 460x276
>>2372198
>LOL

Back to /b/, kid
>>
>>2372108
>guardian-wip.jpg
nice merc_wip.jpg meme you got there
>>
>>2372202
You're mad over me using a popular internet term? why are you such a sad person..? :-(
>>
>>2372166
I didn't draw anything, I just moved stuff around from OPs pic, it wasn't meant to fix it, just give a general idea of what might be wrong.

If you want to waste your time redoing OPs pic from scratch, go for it. Otherwise... you're not helping. stop.
>>
shes missing pupils op good attempt gets em everytime
>>
>>2371391 literally this is the advice for every beginner trying to draw a face
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.