[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can't draw women
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2513x1825) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2513x1825
Any suggestions on how to draw better women? The sketches are mine and as you can see, I can render the idea of a Amanda face in a couple of lines, but my women are scrape or miss, since even my "good ones" arenas great in my opinion.
>>
Of a mans face* sorry, fucking cell phones.
>>
File: 1.png (48 KB, 167x152) Image search: [Google]
1.png
48 KB, 167x152
>>
File: hngh.png (74 KB, 182x220) Image search: [Google]
hngh.png
74 KB, 182x220
>I can render the idea of a man's face in a couple of lines

Is this bait? Am I being baited?
>>
No baait. That's me trying to do the same with a womans face as I did with a mans. As you can see, abject failure on my part, since it's so bad it looks like a guy.
>>
>>2368225
You're not going to get better at representing a female portrait with a magical trick. Study portraiture, since all I can see you draw are front and profile views, the half profile is an important one.
Study from photos, preferably ask some people to model for you. Also your proportions are way off, most of the drawings here resemble an alien.
>>
>>2368245
Thanks, I'll try. I've been working on women for the better part of two months and I'll admit, in that time I've started to understand it, but yeah, all my life my proportions have been off, so I gave up and drew what looked good instead, especially with women.
>>
File: male and female skeleton[8].jpg (106 KB, 562x712) Image search: [Google]
male and female skeleton[8].jpg
106 KB, 562x712
>>2368206
internalize the differences between male and female skeletal structure.
muscular anatomy is the same between the two, but distribution of proportion is much different.
>>
File: alien head.png (132 KB, 205x295) Image search: [Google]
alien head.png
132 KB, 205x295
you're a fan of Sycra or something?
>>
>>2368282
I really love everything he does except for the pointy chin shit.
>>
>>2368282
Yeah, lol, I am. Between him and bobmeatbag, I don't have any bit of originality.
>>
>>2368206
>>2368263
those are after 2 months of study? how often do you practice?
>>
>>2368318
I'm actually a big fan of the pointy chins, prolly because I like how it resembles anime.
>>
>>2368329
Every day, 2-3 pages a day, whatever I can fit in the page.
>>
>>2368318
all he does is character portraits

not that there's anything wrong with that but they lack soul. they lack context. they lack technical proficiency.

they're just so boring and repetitive. it's like he wants to be a concept artist as a concept but lacks the perspective to actually achieve his goal
>>
File: image.jpg (757 KB, 2935x1359) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
757 KB, 2935x1359
My stuff copying bobmeatbag.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.