[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CG Masters Academy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: cgmastersacademy.jpg (85 KB, 677x380) Image search: [Google]
cgmastersacademy.jpg
85 KB, 677x380
Does anyone have experience with this online school? The prices are fucking insane. Either they are the largest Jews on the planet or the lessons are God-tier.

http://2d.cgmasteracademy.com/

Every single course costs $700 bucks. Is it even near worth it?
>>
still want opinion on this
>>
Cgpeers has their shit in a 20gb torrent.
>>
>>2368055

masterful

on that senpai
>>
you do realise how expensive good education is right? is this shit posting?

or are you just so entitled from all the $5 gumroads you pirate from cgpeers from artists undervaluing themselves into poverty?
>>
>>2367617
I am registered for a perspective class this semester. It's going to start next week and I am hyped. 700$ is a lot of money for me, but if the class turns out to be worth it I think I'll do one each semester.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (105 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
105 KB, 400x600
>>2367617
They are quiet expensive but you will have for 8 weeks a mentor the you can ask every shit related.
Just a tip plan that 8 weeks really well and squeeze that mentor like an orange!
You learn by your self everything that he is going to tell you, but you take more time and make errors and you don't even notice about them and he will.
TIME IS MONEY FRIEND
FRIEND MONEY IS TIME
>>
>>2368055
But it's only the workshops not the master classes.
>>
>>2368067

what level of artist would you need to be to get the absolute most out of a course?
>>
>>2368079
Basic tools photoshop, brush, line...
You can do it with paper but you will have much trouble with the errors
>>
>>2368063
that class is online already
>>
>>2368063
CGMA student here, and I'll tell you my experience. Can't give too much, since I'm ripping the classes and uploading here and on cgpeers.

I've only taken 5 classes, and for the most part, they can be hit and miss. Teachers assume you know the subject REALLY well, then try to improve on what you already know. If you haven't read "How to Draw" by Scott Robertson and are taking Perspective class, you're gonna have some trouble.

The How to Draw animals class was a complete joke. Same with fundamental with Character Design. The teacher just didn't know how to answer character design questions in the Q&A and tried to work around the question. Basically, he answered the questions so vague, it felt like he was just paraphrasing the question.

Honestly, I've had a better experience with Schoolism, going back and forth with the Self Teaching assignments, and if need be, I'll register for a main class. Sure Schoolism is $200 more for a class, but it's a lot more worth it and some class tend to extend past 8 weeks.
>>
>>2368129
To add on top of that, the positive classes I've had were Perspective and Dynamic Sketching 1.

Intro to Perspective was amazing. Basically got everything I needed answered. During the final QA, I literally couldn't think of a single question to ask on perspective. Exercises were neat, too. Dynamic Sketching 1 was great as well. Dynamic Sketching 2 was terrible, however, and that's cause I actually landed into a class with Peter Han. Peter is a great artists, but holy fuck is he a terrible teacher. His only crit on my work was stuff like "I like how you're drawing, keep at it, see you next week". It literally felt like he recorded something on his computer, and played it every time he reviews my work. I'd submit so many pages, only to get a 2 min long critique on how "good" they look.

Intro to Perspective and Dynamic sketching 1 was great, cause they said I sucked at drawing and I loved it. I was force to correct my errors.
>>
>>2368081
He asked about skill lvl not tools
>>
>>2368136
would it be too much to ask you to share the cgma classes?
>>
>>2368242
They should be within the books section.
If not, I'll try to find the link again. It was in a rapidshare, but I'll be sure to re-upload my lectures in the near future.

Trying to help those who can't afford, shit is pricey. And /ic/ has given me some of the best and worst crits on my work, so this is the least I can do.
>>
>>2367617
Totally not worth it, unless cash is water to you.

You can get everything you need online with very little money involved.
>>
>>2369314

Can you point me in the right direction, senpai?
>>
>>2369317
cgpeers you huge queer faggot.
>>
So would it be a better option to just take up drawabox (from a former student of CGMA's course)
>>
File: klimt-savoyarden-knabe-1882.jpg (45 KB, 363x600) Image search: [Google]
klimt-savoyarden-knabe-1882.jpg
45 KB, 363x600
>>2369317
>>2369322

YEAHHHH
OPENING FOR INSCRIPTION THE 1ST OF NEXT MONTH
FOR 48HOURS
DONT MISS IT
love you guys
from france
bande de batard
>>
>>2370495

I've never heard of anyone's opinion on Drawabox here

I would love to know, too
>>
>>2367617
You're better off downloading the lectures if you can. CGMA operates with the master lectures, and Q&A. The QA simply goes over the lecture, and nothing more. Problem is, most of the teachers are working full time jobs while trying to grade papers. Your odds of getting questions answered are very rare from the teacher themselves. Your best bet is hope that the students within' the class are talkative and are willing to speak among the message boards provided with each class. Unfortunately, ever group of students I've ran into have always been dead quiet.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.