[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Piambura
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: goliath.jpg (70 KB, 600x1068) Image search: [Google]
goliath.jpg
70 KB, 600x1068
Hello anons, here is a little piambura exercise im doing currently, it's not finished yet, I just want to share since I'm really liking how its turning out, considering this is my first exercise of this kind, but of course I'm open to critics, of course I'll post more when I put more work onto it, in the meanwhile here it is

P.S. there are little proportion errors in left side of the face, so, aside from that please make sure to notice any errors/observations in it
>>
File: goliath2.jpg (94 KB, 600x1068) Image search: [Google]
goliath2.jpg
94 KB, 600x1068
Here its the previous step, before I added volume to both shadows and lights in the face
>>
Looks gr8 OP. How do I into piambura?
>>
>>2365185
OP here, thanks! first you gotta "kill" the whites in the cloth you're gonna use, for that use a mix of burnt umber and solvent for oil paintings, once you got a good mix between the two you use it and spread it on your canvas until all the white in it disappears, when you do this, you clean the excess with a clean rag, then you gotta make it dry

Next step is making the structure, u gotta use a mix of burnt umber, black and solvent again (try not to use a lot of solvent so it doesnt kill the burnt umber background)

once you got the structure right you gotta open lights in your painting, so you must use white, only white, do not mix it with anything and you gotta scrape a lil of the white painting on it, for example i was using white to open the whites little by little in the cheeks, and then u gradually ad more and more white to add the volume

Im sorry if you dont understand something in the process, some of my english is still rubbish and i didnt write notes when i was doing it
>>
>>2365346
I still appreciate the fact that you took time to write down this. I'll try to find out more about that technique. Keep on workin' OP, your stuff looks good
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.