[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is Bullshit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 1452890076216.jpg (23 KB, 428x271) Image search: [Google]
1452890076216.jpg
23 KB, 428x271
I read the Sticky but I'm still confused on what 'starting' means. I want to be a digital artist but the Guide makes no sense. Does it want me to buy some books and do exercises? Or what? I just want to learn how to do Digital Art, not read books.
>>
jesus if you want to make artt just fucking make art it's not some secret process fucking christ
>>
Then don't read books.

Just don't come crying to us when you've been drawing for three years and start to realize that people are making the same progress as you in a third of the time. You'll be sitting there reinventing the wheel because you can't be assed to spend a few hours a week actually investing in your improvement.

You're not special. You're going to make the same stupid mistakes everyone else does when they start out. The point of the sticky is to direct you towards resources that address the most common things artists must learn.
>>
"I just want to learn without knowing what I'm doing or investing a single cent in my art career"

Lmao @ OP
>>
>>2364614
Anon... If you don't want to read the words, read the draw.

>and draw.
>>
>>2364992
>>2364625
videos are much better learning tools anyway, since artists are visual artists that's all the more reason to skip chit chat ramblings and move on directly to process and hopefully explanation to go along.
>>
>>2364999

Videos are fine resources, but a lot of the good books in the sticky don't come in video format and a 30 minute video tutorial on a subject isn't going to be as thorough. You can probably find a good video tutorial on any and all of the fundamentals, but you're sacrificing a bit of depth.
Both is the best method. I find videos the best for an introduction and books better for a deeper understanding.
>>
>>2364999
You probably dislike books and that's one thing, but your reasoning is just plain false. Videos take a lot of more time to explain a point even if you're a slow reader. Books are not any less visual a medium, but you have the advantage of both going through the whole thing a lot faster and finding the exact point you want a lot faster. Tutorial videos tend to have a fuckton of inane rambling and if you want to find a certain thing it's a lot of a hassle.

Don't cheat yourself, you know it's true.
>>
>>2364992
Those books are fucking expensive. Granted, I could buy those books and probably be fine, but I'm not going to dump $100s of dollars on a career that what make a return on investment until years down the line.
>>
>>2364614
Get a pen, get paper, get keys to drawing (you can find a PDF and do the fucking exercises
>>
>>2364614

You are a moron. Please refrain from shitting up the board with you dumbass questions.
>>
>>2365003
Even in the sticky it says you can skip the psudoscience ramblings of the author.

I do read it but some of it I skip. The best part is that it's a book with pictures in it so it's really only like 50 pages of real reading. I usually re-read some areas if i'm missing a concept.

Keys is pretty good and the author does a great job of grounding everything for you.
>>
>>2365040
you're on the internet you jackass, use google. I bet you pay for textbooks for college too.
>>
>>2365040

Almost all the necessary books can be downloaded for free in the book thread.
>>
>>2364614
>I just want to learn how to do Digital Art, not read books.
Thanks for the good laugh
>>
>>2365355
What's the laugh?
>>
>>2369051
serious mate, i take it you're not very educated about art in general... because digital is a form of media.. Pencil, pen, sculpting, 3d art. It's all the same. The exact same. No difference. The exact same fundamentals to let you create with anything. Time to read and draw faggot
>>
>>2369225
coughBULLSHITcough
>>
>>2364614
Read a book you nigger
>>
>>2364614
you need to learn how to draw/do art in general. digital is just another medium. A digital artist can learn oil painting and vice versa
>>
>>2364614
If you're not going to be patient in your learning, you may as well quit now. You have to keep in mind, all of your drawings are going to look like absolute shit for like a year. If reading a book is too much for you, then you're wasting your own time here.
>>
>>2369051
You are
>>
>>2369277
I can read a book, but it doesn't say what to do if you're into digital art.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.