[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wrapping spiral patterns on forms
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
can someone explain how spirals work on cylinders, like why does it form an S shape on the curves??!
i feel like this is some simple shit but can't wrap my head around it..
>>
>>
>>2361589

practice it? it's easy as fuck if you have acustomed your brain to thinking in 3d.

do more of those exercises where you just draw a dimensional blob-shape, and then turn it 3 dimensional by adding simple values.
>>
File: 34342432+.jpg (48 KB, 595x397) Image search: [Google]
34342432+.jpg
48 KB, 595x397
>>2361593
>>
>>2361589
post the picture without the scribbles for me to download
>>
File: snek.png (2 MB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
snek.png
2 MB, 1600x1000
>>2361593
>>2361598
i'll try working more on those. wire framing horizontally and vertically doesn't seem to give me problems, not that i'm perfect at them, but turning it into a spiral fucks with my brain.

>>2361599
enjoy
>>
>>2361589
spirals nigga, you need to learn to pierce the sky
>>
>>2361589
A snake is more complicated than a cylinder because its radius changes along its length. Try looking at snake anatomy and come back to it. Also, you could buy a taxidermy snake and look at it from many directions.
>>
>>2361591

zediiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggg
>>
>>2361589

think of the spiral as a normal straight 2dimensional line. if you look at the plane thats facing you (one the Zylinder), it actualy is just a straight line. the more you go to the edge of the Zylinder foreshortening happens which means it will travel less distance while maintaining the angle.
this increases the closer you come to the edge(border) thts why the curve.
>>
>>2361598
Your rendering is shit
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.