[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You just lost the use of your your right arm in an accident
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: dollikin08.jpg (2 MB, 3177x2979) Image search: [Google]
dollikin08.jpg
2 MB, 3177x2979
Lets say your right hand was your dominant drawing hand, but due to an unfortunate event, it was removed from your body.
What do you do?
Relearn how to art with your left hand/arm, or just give up art entirely?
>>
>>2360700
Work in 3D while I slowly figure out how to use my left arm for art.
>>
Use my dick to paint
Why go hard mode when you can go extreme mode?
>>
>>2360713
this guy knows what's up
>>
>>2360713

Forget losing either of my arms! Stepping up the difficultly right now.
>>
Well I'm sure I would start to learn how to write with my left hand. Would probably just re-learn drawing again too, no big deal

Really, how much harder it would be to play vidya would be the most difficult. Just thinking about that gives me feels
>>
>>2360700
>>2360700
>>2360700
I started developing bad carpal tunnel syndrome in my right hand. It took me a year to learn how to draw with my left. I can draw almost as good with my left as my right. I still have trouble with creating even, line drawing with my left but to be honest I wasn't that great with my right either.
>>
i would start to drawing on the left side of my brain. this would teach me how to become the better artist than even most of the professionals probably, because I would have be used 100% of my brain. I think this would untimely make my artwork much much better than it isn't now?
>>
>>2360713
What if ED? Will you learn to draw with a noodle?
>>
>>2360700

i kill myself. wouldn't waste any fucking time at all. straight up go kill myself.

burn hard drive first though. nobody needs to know the atrocities i drew for money, lol.
>>
>>2360700
My father was a professional painter who was in a motorbike accident which paralysed his right arm.
He got a pretty huge settlement in the court and then became a postman.

He learnt to draw and paint etc with his left arm but by then computers had replaced his job.
>>
>>2360700
jokes on you i'm already disabled and my dominant hand is worse than my off-hand. if i had to switch it'd take a long time to git gud but maybe it would be for the best
>>
>>2360700
bro i can draw with a mouse i dont think drawing with my left hand is going to be hard for long.

Drawing has almost nothing to do with your line accuracy, just get into painting or some shit.
>>
>>2360700
not even relearn actively f a m
just explore the loss thematically, do a lot of digital art, animation, collage, that softens the impact and basically make the arm loss a gimmick to generate buzz
>>
>>2360713
>only draws guys for rest of life
>>
>>2360700
The bigger problem is that I've lost my fap hand.
>>
Focus on my writing instead, probably...
>>
File: an art.jpg (352 KB, 480x4050) Image search: [Google]
an art.jpg
352 KB, 480x4050
>>2360749
>>
With my above-elbow prosthesis I don't have great control over things like lineweight. All sketches end up like construction blueprints, so the only answer is to render afterwards
>>
>>2361437
>tfw fap with my left hand even though I'm right handed
I'll still be able to fap :^)
>>
File: ultimate gentlemen5.png (487 KB, 473x704) Image search: [Google]
ultimate gentlemen5.png
487 KB, 473x704
>>2360700
>What do you do?
I'm a weak-willed character, so there's a good chance I'd an hero without hesitation.
>>
>>2361839
Damn, that guy must be getting ALL of the art school bitches! Who is this legend among artists, with a suave aura? I need his wisdom in order to meet a girl!
>>
>>2360700
Well i am left handed
So no big deal, I just lose an arm and i can't play video games anymore
I never asked for this
>>
>>2361978
OP said pretend your right hand was your dominant hand
>>
File: tange-sazen.jpg (136 KB, 666x369) Image search: [Google]
tange-sazen.jpg
136 KB, 666x369
>>2360700
Become a disgruntled one-armed Japanese swordsman.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.