[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how many hours a day for steady improvement should I draw and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 193560_1281980521_large.jpg (607 KB, 1201x1626) Image search: [Google]
193560_1281980521_large.jpg
607 KB, 1201x1626
how many hours a day for steady improvement should I draw and paint?

I'd like to achieve pic related level but I'm still a beginner
>>
>I'd like to achieve pic related level but I'm still a beginner

No shit, really? Wow, I thought only mileage'd artists asked stupid questions!
>>
>>2360444
wow, why so bitter? I just asked a question
>>
>>2360449
Me too, and there is another one: So what?
>>
>>2360440
You will make steady improvement if you put in the effort it isn't all about time.
But 2 hours a day is the usually recommended time pretty weak imo. If you can do more: do more.
>>
>>2360451
and this is how the edgiest anon ever was born.
>>
Don't just draw, read books on perspective/composition/color theory and try finding the forums/communities your favorite artists frequent and start at least lurking those for good tutorial posts.
>>
>>2360440

It's not about the time but how you use it to improve. If you are analytical towards your drawings, are focused, experiment - you will improve faster.

I know a guy here improved quite substantially in 2 years and when asked he said that he draw daily around 2h. So I guess 2-3h.
>>
>do this for x time
Just fucking draw until you git gud.
If you actually want to be that good you'll keep drawing til you get there, if you feel the need to see a time frame you're going to drop out anyways.
>>
File: Michael Menzelincef2.jpg (142 KB, 1280x1200) Image search: [Google]
Michael Menzelincef2.jpg
142 KB, 1280x1200
>>2360449
>wow, why so bitter? I just asked a question

Summarized the whole board in one post there anon.

Counting the hours isn't as important as putting in the effort, and that's entirely up to you. You can tell when you're slacking or when you could do another couple of pages in your sketchbook but choose to get on whatever game earlier instead.

Since you're a beginner I'd say start off small and work on doing it every single day. Could be you choose to draw for an hour, or study 3 pages of whatever Bridgeman book, watch and study one Villpu video, fill a double page of your sketchbook, etc. As you get more used to this you will be able to increase the time/amount, as well as being able to draw faster and being more efficient. It'll come naturally in time anon, just focus on keeping that balance between not slacking but also not burning out.

Good luck, and be sure to post in the beginner thread and maybe join last artist standing too.
>>
>>2360451
jesus, son, put down that razor, you might hurt yourself with that edge
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.