[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/ic/ Noob Questions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_n5hrtgm9411sy302go1_1280.png (318 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n5hrtgm9411sy302go1_1280.png
318 KB, 640x480
Lately I've been thinking, "I am who I surround myself by." I'm tired of posting on mainstream art gallery sites because what I want to create isn't getting me enough attention or critique to improve my art. I'm not super special or anything, but I feel I must try and move someplace else focused on art.

My question is, is /ic/ really a good place to move to? Are there any long term artists here that felt like this is a good learning environment? Are there enough access to resources, guides, and honest critique that you feel were changed by being here?
Is there anything the /ic/ environment could improve on?
>>
>>2359659
The resources they provide ya here are good, and some of the chaps here truly give out neat tips.

People really don't care about your feelings here, unlike DeviantART's stereotype userbase.

now stop being a faggot and making stupid threads
>>
>>2359659

You could have been drawing Loomis instead of typing long-ass shitpost. Git gut.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
No matter how much I try I CANNOT draw two shapes that are the same size and shape. Any face, eyes, etc that I draw are always gibbled and lopsided.

How do I fix? And I mentally retarded for life?
>>
>>2360291
put in the trash that rule about doing things in 1 perfect stroke

or yes, you will keep being mentally retarded for life, don't expect to do with skills you don't have, do underdrawings and do it again over it, don't expect magic to happen
>>
>>2360297
Thanks for the tip.
Just doing light lines then going over until I got an okay shape, then using a darker line for a finished shape has helped immensely
>>
File: interview.jpg (481 KB, 1000x665) Image search: [Google]
interview.jpg
481 KB, 1000x665
Sorry OP but we'll ask the questions here.

What are your qualifications to make your own thread?
Have you read the sticky? Perhaps seen what threads we normally have and how others feel about the board? Did you consider the thread called "Questions thread"?
Have you lurked for a week or two to determine for yourself the answer to your question?

We're just not sure you're the right fit for this board.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.