[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please post every art community/forum you know better than /
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8
Please post every art community/forum you know better than /ic/. Not posting websites like artstation/da, communities, more like conceptart.org

I'll list the ones I know.

conceptart.org/forum
crimsondaggers
permanoobs
wetcanvas
mattepainters
>>
Sure post all the good ones so the shitbags that wallow on this site can migrate to your 'holy grails' and shit up those as well.
>>
>>2359445

Generally 4chan shitposters don't act like asshats once they've got a name associated with them.
>>
>>2359451
yeah i agree. 4chan has this curse that decent people feel like they have to act like assbags.

btw i made this thread to only get the name of the forum i found here, then forgot. it had a decent population, not very crowded. it's name had something like "medal, medallian, champion, badge" or something in it.

does anyone know that forum?
>>
>>2359445
MUH SEKRIT KLUB in reverse
>>
>>2359497
the art posse?
>>
>>2359539
i fucking love you.
how did you get it right when the way i described it was inaccurate as fuck?
>>
>>2359431
Conceptart.org isn't that good imo. The community is cool but the site sucks ass. It takes like 70 years to load and frequently crashes.
>>
>>2359547
i hate there as well. i think it's the worst site among the list, other than wetcanvas
>>
I like polycount.com though it is obviously focused on 3D. Good artists and conversations there though. Helpful people if you're trying to get into the 3D thing. I haven't spend as much time in their 2D section though so I don't know how it compares.

cgplus.com is fairly new. It was kinda dead but there are more people now that they are running a Star Wars themed contest. There still doesn't seem to be much useful critique or conversations happening though.

gameartisans.org used to be pretty big, at least when they had their "Dominance War" every year. Just went there for the first time in forever and... I don't understand their "forum" anymore. Doesn't function like a forum is supposed to function.
>>
Don't go to conceptart.org
They don't allow anyone to delete their threads or their name. For this reason I'm stuck with stupid old threads when I was 15, anyone can find them even today. The mods and admins I've been talking to are rude and act like pricks. Sometimes I wonder if they are adults. This place is so toxic, when you ask question you can get banned... I know some people, really good artists that got banned for the most stupid and silly reasons. Oh and it's always lagging, always down, always laggy. The most important part is that most people there don't really give critiques.
>>
>>2359540
I-I love you t-too anon but seriously speaking. with all the social media and artstation replacing cghub it's like everyone has forgotten about art as a community

if you are looking for facebook groups look for
one fantastic week
daily spitpaint
the resource
level up

I don't know why, these groups are great but the vibe is never the same. the old CA was amazing if you where an intermediate/pro artist and you needed the casual advice from the greats.

It's really sad there's not really a thing like that anymore. I feel you anon. that's why I just stick to skype groups for practice
>>
>>2359431
fucking literally anything is better than ic. So many jealous insecure faggots post here is incredible.
>>
File: lememe.gif (1 MB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
lememe.gif
1 MB, 600x600
>>2359431
was looking for something to study. thank you OP.
>>
File: 1452587645522.gif (3 MB, 200x250) Image search: [Google]
1452587645522.gif
3 MB, 200x250
>>2359635
>>
File: soldiers.png (4 MB, 1630x1343) Image search: [Google]
soldiers.png
4 MB, 1630x1343
>>2359635
>>
>>2359635
I wonder why ic thinks using photos is tabu

the only thing that matters is the end result, and if photos are the thing you need to use then so be it, you guys are such purists. that doesn't mean you have to stop drawing everyday, it just means photos are the means to an end. a fucking tool.

I think this and I don't even use photos in my work

photos are ok. get over it you pussies
>>
>>2359639
nahh, it leaves a hollow feeling to any work that makes do with it.
i agree its great for those jobs in where you dont give a fuck and need to gotta go fast. but thats exactly it, it renders a work that no shits have gone into and it reaks of hollowness. pieces that have been done from scratch to a full render always seem to have a deeper feeling of warmth to them.

tldr:
>photobashing is great for quick concepts on the cheap
>actual drawing and painting are for arworks.
>collaging is a craft not an art.
>inb "b-but muh french cubism"
>>
File: laugh cheetah bite.jpg (250 KB, 1024x708) Image search: [Google]
laugh cheetah bite.jpg
250 KB, 1024x708
>>2359635
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 500x333
>>2359639
>Muh /ic/ thinks that using pictures makes you a cheater.
>implying.

Dude. One thing is to use pictures as reference and the other is fucking photobashing for the sake of it (let's call it "deadline"). While one lets you study an actual subjetc and understand it, the other is merely sticking a picture into your work and calling it a day.

You're confusing the little kids. Lurk More.
>>
>>2359635
Mr.conceptart?
>>
File: ewj8qhx.jpg (183 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
ewj8qhx.jpg
183 KB, 960x1280
Are there even any communities that get visited by pros (other that 4chan kek)? Or is it Artstation like sites, and that's all?
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 600x494) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 600x494
>>2359635
>>
>>2359802
>>2359653

no, you guys just don't seem to get it. everything is a tool. If you want to paint over photos and make a photobash that's also ok. the end result is the only thing that matters

If I have 2 portfolios that are really really good. It will mean both artists have a sense of aesthetics that is very very high. even if one of them does photobashes.

of course there are bad photobashed pieces as well as there are bad non-photobashed pieces. It's the future guys. accept technology.

the quality of a piece depends on how it looks, not how it was made.

If da Vinci and Michael Angelo had cameras, I'm sure they would do both photography and photobashing as well as pictures without photos

but since you guys are idiots. I'll just let you be small-minded like the baka-anons you are.

2-0-1-6
>>
>>2359609
yeah i agree. artposse seemed kinda cool to me being a very small community. and their skill levels seems to be intermediate, i didn't find a shitload of terrible hobbyists lurking there.

i already am in most of those groups but dont really like browsing/posting to facebook.

i wish there was a website with imageboard mechanics (forums suck), membership system, small and honest/hardworking community.

i think i'm living in a hitler dream
>>
>>2360178
yet all the top earners in the industrie don't photobash.

you sound like a photobasher shilling as an actual skill. its not.
and when work demands a skilled approach, the photobashers fall short every time.

not to mention photobashers rely on photos, and with all the new copy right laws coming into place, this means that bashers need to request permission for every stock photo they use a portion of.
>not faster anymore.
>its only strength.
>>
>>2360211
>yet all the top earners in the industry don't photobash.
oh they do, you baka-anon-kun-chan. a lot of concept artists as well as illustrators and fine artists.

I'm not a photobasher because I wouldn't know how to use photos as a tool. it's a matter of skill
when work demands a skilled approach if you can use photobash effectively as a means to an end (IE, a tool) then yeah, you can use photos.

photobashers rely on their visual knowledge just like any other artists out there and people who actually care about their work take their own photographs (or buy them, or use the ones that have no rights, like NASA pictures)

I'm sorry anon. you sound like you are close to 40 and can't accept reality.

again, there are really bad photobashers as there are really bad artists who don't use photos.
>>
>>2360211
they do when necessary. mullins said in his gnomon workshop that it's just another tool to use and neither condemned its use nor encouraged it. i'm paraphrasing here but he said something like "if time is a concern then the client won't care how you make it, just that it gets done." i think he advised against using it when time wasn't a concern

>yet all the top earners in the industrie don't photobash.

while fzd is one of the top schools teaching their students to do just this.

i'm against it but it's dishonest to say that the best don't
>>
Wow the Artposse is shilling on /ic/ ? My my how we've grown.
>>
>>2359635
6/5
>>
>>2360244
>someone makes a small community
>finally people are joining trying to forge something
>It's just a bunch of sketchbook and people giving critique
>people are happy with it
>someone mentions the community they came across on /ic/ to see if others wanna join
>"what the fuck is this new ugly thing?"
>"you are shilling m8, stop trying to make publicity"
>"yeh, ic is THA best community that's why I'm here"
>"everything else is shit, including drawabox"

because you know, there's just no way they are just some people trying to improve in the most innocent way ever
>>
>>2360293
Sounds like shilling to me.
It's funny cause a lot of Art posse members are actually from /ic/..

Whatevs m9, just surprised that the artposse feels it is now big enough to shill on /ic/
>>
>>2360369
ill start a sketcbook there too. everywhere else is either just too big or too stupid.
i promise i'm not a asshat.
>>
>>2360369
I don't know man, anywhere is better than this place
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.