[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone who is in the NYC area check out the Picasso Sculpture
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 9
File: 107407.jpg (67 KB, 558x768) Image search: [Google]
107407.jpg
67 KB, 558x768
Anyone who is in the NYC area check out the Picasso Sculpture Exhibition? Thoughts?

Reminder that the Exhibition is still up and ending early February. So definitely check it out while you still can! It was pretty swell.
>>
Guess I will do a bump with a different material each time.
>>
Lurking. Keep posting man I'm quite interested.
>>
O yea it was pretty cool
>>
File: IMG_2474.jpg (78 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2474.jpg
78 KB, 800x600
>>2359439
Will do

>>2359643
Glad you liked it.

Bumping with one of the wooden ones.
>>
>>2360632
Different shot.
>>
Ceramics
>>
>>
I went to it a few weeks back, great shit. I've never been that interested in him or anything, but it was amazing to see what a guy like that could conjure. Makes you wonder how these artists have to perceive the world to be able bend it like that.
>>
I have blep taste in art, beside the monkey which is really cool the rest is kinda, meh?
>>
>>2362652
I wonder as well. I got the sense that a lot of the pieces were him just fucking around to be honest. But from fucking/messing around that much eventually leads to some creative discoveries that can be applied and explored.

>>2362662
This is just a small batch of what was in the show. There are over 100 objects. I'll post some more bronze though.

I have been getting these off google. I think I have some on my phone that my father took when he went though. Will post those when I get the chance.
>>
File: MoMA-Picasso-Sculptures-017.jpg (699 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
MoMA-Picasso-Sculptures-017.jpg
699 KB, 2448x3264
One of my favorites. When I saw it it seemed to be directly addressing me. The figure just seems so eager.
>>
>>2362703
Much better shot of the upper body and face.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.