[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I dont know whats wrong with me > at the thought of painting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: 4544692[1].jpg (56 KB, 300x360) Image search: [Google]
4544692[1].jpg
56 KB, 300x360
I dont know whats wrong with me

> at the thought of painting my heart starts to pound in excitement
> i watch loads of painting videos
> i love being in the paint section of shops
> browse art websites (including /ic/) nearly everyday

but when I sit down with a canvas/ paper infront of me,my heart sinks and lose all want to paint/ sketch.

no matter how much Bob Ross I watch, I still get the same feeling

pls can you help me /ic/ , ?
>>
Listen cousin Ivan.

Paint is craft, like hammering of nail. However rather than bear protection hovel it is fashioning of pretty picture. Let not yourself be deceived by the women emotions pretty pictures replace your balls with though Ivan. No, painting is a craft, like hammer nail. To hammer nail, one simply must lean to hammer nail. Everyday Ivan, you hammer nail. It matter's little if women emotions tell you hammer nail is not what you shall do today, should this be what action you take, you will become bear's fucktoy. Likewise, Cousin Ivan, if you fail to draw everyday, you pictures will be not pretty, they will be garbage or simply not exist, fit only for the insulation of bear protection hovel or the wall of eternal shame.

You hammer nail

You paint picture

These are what a man dose Ivan. He dose them not because the whim of woman emotions flow him into the ovaries of inspiration but rather because his testicular fortitude is great, and he does what he does for discipline, da discipline cousin Ivan, courses through his veins like his .3% blood alcohol level.

Let yourself be driven not by your ovaries but by your balls you fucking pussy Ivan.
>>
>>2358383
What he said.

Starting is the hardest part, and at a close second is gitting gud. But to git gud, you have to start man.
>>
>>2358367

what kind of beta pussy ass faggot are you.

forget about painting for now though, if you haven't even overcome the fear of the blank paper you need to become a better drawer for now.
>>
>>2358367
so you basically have nothing you actually want to create, you like the concept only
>>
>>2358383
Whoa
>>
>>2358383
is this pasta? because if it's not it should
>>
>>2358367
future you who's going to draw and paint all day and become the best artist in the world isn't the real you. the same reason when a fat person goes to bed all excited to wake up and work out in the morning instead hits the alarm and rolls back over.

stop thinking about how great art will be and just start drawing. set small goals that you can achieve in a sitting and work your way up to bigger ones
>>
>>2358383
If I will git gud I will animate this as "Motivational russian speech".
>>
OP here, thanks for the advice and motivation

I will stay infront of my canvas as long as it takes for me to do something,

even it it takes all night.

Been years since I done some art
>>
painting one picture can mean the embankment of many theorized thoughts of visual skills put in to one practice of the journey of the art created.

you can achieve anything with a blank canvas let you do not give up one the blank itself neither small untimely unaccompanied sketches like a tree given no time to grow, these things will not span if not given time.

The point of journey is the seed of the plant and will go on to define the whole piece of art from example, the colour of a background.

Haste is needed when needed or brought by practice. no point to act so rashly and expect all to be lost, even if there are obstacles.

Classes can be had you do not need to burden yourself to do it all one your own.

Time OP, intent passion and time.
>>
I browse /ic/ a lot but I don't draw at all cause I'm too scared to.
>>
>>2358652
>Been years since I done some art
Keks
>>
>>2358383
Thanks cousin Vladimir
>>
>>2358383
Thank you Vlad
>>
>>2358756
>>2358367

If you draw today, you're one drawing better than you were yesterday
>>
>>2358673
thanks man, that kinda touch my heart
>>
>>2358367
>thinks about painting, watches videos about painting, goes to paint section of shops, browses art websites

Nowhere in this does it say anything related making art yourself. You're like so many other shitty starter artists who delude themselves into thinking that they're totally doing art and getting better after they've spent 4 hours watching Sycra, and 0 minutes drawing as much as a fucking line themselves.
>>
>>2358652
>I will stay infront of my canvas as long as it takes for me to do something

Why not cut out the middle man and say "I will do something."
Don't just fucking stare at a canvas waiting for magic inspiration to hit. I'm willing to bet the main reason you keep losing enthusiasm is because you're anxious about starting, so just start. Get out all the shitty art you need to get out, the sooner the better. Just consider every bad drawing one many bad drawings paving the way to gitting gud.

Or don't, but if you're not going to try, don't bitch here.
>>
>>2358367 OP
>>2358845

Thats the thing I know I'm not doing art, the main reason i watch videos on painting isn't to get tips, it just I can see painting being done without the stress.
I kind of forgot to put that i used to do art nearly everyday up until 17 years old, even attended some art classes. but yeah afterwards (maybe due to work, or to a disappointment with a painting) I never got time to get round to it afterwards.

I bought a paint set for my little sister the other day. when I saw her paint, I started to feel the want to paint again, but again i just couldn't start.

but some comments here kinda making me think.

I do feel like I'm too anxious and get intimidated by a canvas,

rather than thinking about it I'm gonna just get it done.

thanks guys for helping me think it through, lets see what happens,

>probably gonna be crap
>>
>>2358867
wow, enormous faggot, it's supposed to be crap
that's how you git gud
>>
>>2358652
Ivan you still acting like fucking woman. Motivation? You don't hammer nail because mama Olga tells you are very good girl, you hammer nail because you hammer nail you little fucking bitch. Discipline, scedual, structure, the will of iron and blood. These are the things you want Ivan, motivation is merely woman emotion as fleeting as orgasm. Hammer not the nail but yourself. Hammer yourself into machine of art that paints picture everyday even if feel like rotting peasant corpse in mass grave. If you run on emotions of woman, you get fucked like woman, but not by beautiful Russian cock like mine. No you get fucked by the metaphorical bear of being shit.
>>
>>2358383
I don't care if this is pasta or not this is good
>>
>>2358383
Dose?
>>
>>2359177
Idi nahui American cyka
>>
>>2358652
>Been years since I done some art
I'm about to go to sleep so I can't be dealing with putting this in a particularly touching or tactful way, but maybe start small if it's really been that long

Get a little sketchbook, maybe try some different mediums

I'm not saying painting a canvas is the big leagues or anything, but maybe doing some half-hearted warmup might make you feel less deflated when you actually go for it
>>
you have to just do it. splurt out some paint onto your palette, stick your hand in it, and smack your hand onto the canvas if you need to then work from there. just get something on the canvas to start with and let yourself relax and work through it
>>
>>2358367

When you are starting drawing/painting, draw frame to "break" the paper/canvas.
>>
>>2358383
listen to tolstoy
>>
I used to feel this when I was trying to make something too complicated that I felt like not doing it.

Divide your time with more complicated structured drawings and remember to draw for pleasure without stress.

I only found consistency when I started doing this.
>>
>>2359018
Can you be my father? Holy shit, if I had someone in my life like you I would work twice as hard. God Damn.
>>
File: Smith_Beetles.jpg (160 KB, 600x816) Image search: [Google]
Smith_Beetles.jpg
160 KB, 600x816
>>2361332
Christ above Sergei, missing fucking point too. Why do you need fucking daddy to tell you work hard? If I am not mistaken your balls have already fucking dropped. You paint for self by self because of self. No one the fuck else can make you pull dick out of hand except for bear that will maul shit out of you if you don't.

You and Ivan need to get shit together.
>>
>>2361365
Cool art bruh

Blog?
>>
File: e86.jpg (29 KB, 582x528) Image search: [Google]
e86.jpg
29 KB, 582x528
>>2361365
I-im sorry Mr. Dimitri, s-sir.
I grew up without a father.
My mistake for mentioning t-that...
I'll work h-harder!!
>>
>>2361381
I don't fucking care Sergei, you should care.

I'm going to go to the bar with Stanislav and draw people and bear
>>
How I "got good" is that I found enjoyment in the process of doing so. I actually enjoyed studying. I drew human anatomy all the live long day and I got better quick. Then when I started painting I enjoyed the process of discovering how to paint different things.

Basically, you just have to start. Draw what you want to draw and do your best to learn while you're doing it. If you're drawing what you want to, then it won't feel like study, it'll just be drawing. Try to branch out a bit every now and then, so as not to get stuck drawing ONLY what you like drawing and thus not learning anything new. With every drawing/painting you do have it be 75% what you know and like and 25% what you're inexperienced with.
>>
>>2361397
I agree with you on drawing what you like but still incorporating new and challenging things as well. I think that most of /ic/ would improve dramatically if they would just draw from life and the figure a lot more. Assuming they understand perspective, construction etc, that is.
>>
File: 9H1Btjq.jpg (110 KB, 901x362) Image search: [Google]
9H1Btjq.jpg
110 KB, 901x362
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.