[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If one were to become a NEET and just focus on art for a year
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: calarts-logo-square-orange.png (9 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
calarts-logo-square-orange.png
9 KB, 180x180
If one were to become a NEET and just focus on art for a year what specific things would they have to study if they were a beginner and wanted to get into CalArts?
>>
>>2355840
Figure drawing
>dick sucking
Perspective 1,2,3& 5 point
>pole milking
Animation
>Rod waxing
Cinematography
>pickle pulling
Color theory
>sausage shining
You will never be good enough in just a year, yet your improvement will be gradual.
>don't forget to swallow
>>
>>2356439
Life's not a video game, it's not only about studying. Some nuances take more than a year to grasp, and some elements like creativity you might never get.
>>
>>2356815
This, basically.

Though strong draughtsmanship and the ability to draw from life are important, CalArts seems to be more interested in your potential as an artist. From what I've seen, they're looking to see how you are as a storyteller and an illustrator, and how open you are to experimenting. If you're looking for an animation school that you can easily grind your way into, check out Sheridan.
>>
>>2356815
Hit the nail on the head. The way to succeed is not to do one thing and consume your life, it's to be dedicated to practice while still living like a human being.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.