[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any advice, resources, and especially references, on dealing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 2
File: 312half_527.jpg (111 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
312half_527.jpg
111 KB, 1920x1080
Any advice, resources, and especially references, on dealing with how colours behave under less common types of lighting? Especially dark and coloured lights.
I'm relatively comfortable with bright indoor/outdoor lighting since potential practice is basically everywhere, but I've realised I'm basically a drunk baby when it comes to handling anything else, it's a real blind spot.

I read Gurney's Colour and Light a few years ago and have picked it back up, but anything else you could throw at me would be killer. Especially references.
>>
File: 013_max.jpg (359 KB, 927x1200) Image search: [Google]
013_max.jpg
359 KB, 927x1200
>especially references
take this my man
http://www.bluscreens.net/screen-captures-a-z--updates.html

But since of course cameras are nowhere near as sensitive to color and light as the human eye, it surely won't hurt to make some real life lighting set ups yourself, that way you also have full information on involved lightsources and can turn around what you want, change perspective etc.
Do some still lifes that way or maybe just some experimenting and just watching how the light behaves.

>giving advice you don't follow yourself
I...I will

But srsly, just turn off all the light in your room, and do a still life of your hand, being illuminated only by your screen. Obviously implying you work digitally here.

Also, if you ever leave your house (on here it feels like something noteworthy), be observant of light aswell. Everything you see has a lighting set up. duh.

Additionally you might want to invest some time in learning 3d, to also make your own lighting set ups with full control.
Blender is free and if you have time, you can learn all you need for some basic lighting set ups in a day. For that, you basically just need to know how to navigate and how to add a mesh.

"All you need to do is practice." - Bob Ross
Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.