[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
some suggestions?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 1439687482054.png (800 KB, 1073x1079) Image search: [Google]
1439687482054.png
800 KB, 1073x1079
I've got a 25 dollar giftcard from christmas to burn. I only just thought of spending it on supplies. Aside from the obvious sketchbook any ideas of what to get? I found they've got blue erasable prismacolors for a fucking steal on here at 81 cents a pop. the only other thing i've got in the cart is a white gel pen. what should I stock up on? or maybe look into for experimentation/practice purposes? books, manuals?
>>
>>2354744
ah right, should've mentioned. it's an amazon gift card.
>>
>>2354744
>Make your own sketchbook, its cheaper.
>Order tools you need, not what you want
>HB pencils are cool
>>
>>2354747
>make my own sketch book.
how the hell do i do that?
>>
>>2354749
>Get a stapler that can staple 30-40 pieces of paper together
>Maybe tape the spine to make it look cool
>>
>>2354750
huh, I guess I'll check if amazon sells individual sheets.
>>
>turns out they do.
>in packs of 500
>>
>>2354756
>pack of 500
>30 pages per sketchbook
>15 sketchbooks
unless you use sketchbooks for fancy stuff, then ignore that 'make your own sketchbook' idea
>>
>>2354758
i was looking for paper for the make your own sketchbook idea anon
also what? my sketchbooks usually have 100 pages.
>>
>>2354761
>i was looking for paper for the make your own sketchbook idea anon
I usually buy a pack of 500 pieces of paper

>also what? my sketchbooks usually have 100 pages.
I usually make my sketchbooks with 30 pieces of paper. Do whatever you want
>>
>>2354744
> I only just thought of spending it on supplies.
If the first thing you thought of wasn't supplies, how can you even call yourself an artist? For shame.
>>
>>2354781
I dunno man I'm poor, and haven't actually had to buy supplies in a while.
>>
>>2354784
Your desires betray your heart's wishes. What did you first think about when you got that amazon gift card, burgers and fries? A nice salty pizza? A fried apple pie? Fess up!
>>
>>2354785
>burgers
>pizza, salty
>from amazon

and you're calling me the crazy one.
>>
>>2354793
I don't recall calling you crazy... you alligator-licking teapot.
>>
>>2354801
oh yeah, you didn't did you? well whatever any ideas for supplies?
>>
>>2354804
Color and Light: A Guide for the Realist Painter by Gurney
appr $17
>>
Sculpee
>>
>>2354744
Why don't you just save it until you run out of something you already use and need? Or use it when it becomes obvious to you what you're interested in experimenting with.
>>
>>2354807
seconding this
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.