[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2 point perspective problem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8
File: vers.gif (58 KB, 900x563) Image search: [Google]
vers.gif
58 KB, 900x563
I am reading book 'Vanishing point' and encountered a certain problem.

Author wants me to do 'tiles' excersize. Using diagonal vanishing point we build a floor in numbers of pefect squares.

I understand the mechanic and I successfully managed this excersize.
>>
File: vers.jpg (222 KB, 836x929) Image search: [Google]
vers.jpg
222 KB, 836x929
The instructions were as follows
>>
File: vers1.jpg (176 KB, 654x857) Image search: [Google]
vers1.jpg
176 KB, 654x857
However, in the next chapter Author explains about 2 point perspective and give another excersize, which i understand up to the part where author wants us to utilize DVP in the same manner we did in our 'tiles' excersize.
>>
File: vers2.jpg (140 KB, 870x856) Image search: [Google]
vers2.jpg
140 KB, 870x856
This is more detailed picture of instructions.

I dont understand the mechanic. What, specifically, i need to do?
>>
Hi.
>>
Please respond
>>
>>2352082
i'm assuming that you connect lines from your 2 new vanishing points to make a grid.
>>
>>2352242
and that you can draw a line from your first point to place it in your image, then make the lines to the new vanishing points.
>>
>>2352242
>2 new vanishing points

What are you speaking about? There is only one new vanishing point - DVP. LVP and RVP are not new, they are our main VPs here.
>>
>>2352254
okay well i mean the lvp and rvp.
>>
>>2352082
It's hard to understand what's not to get. Your center point is the diagonal. Any point on a line you make from there can easily become the start of a new grid in perspective by using L+R vp.
>>
File: oo.jpg (33 KB, 1308x536) Image search: [Google]
oo.jpg
33 KB, 1308x536
>>2352301
Okay, i mark point at a line from DVP. Connect it to LVP and RVP.

How do i proceed to complete a grid?

(marking another point randomly on two orthogonal lines wont do it as we need perfect square, so no random intersections)
>>
>>2352309
same way you did before. Choose one side and make that base for the square.
>>
>>2352309
gimme a moment i have something that might help
>>
File: duplicating rectangles.png (1 MB, 800x1067) Image search: [Google]
duplicating rectangles.png
1 MB, 800x1067
>>2352309
so from that point you made you can make your first box. then using this method on the base square you can make an evenly spaced grid by hand
>>
File: points.png (525 KB, 1000x432) Image search: [Google]
points.png
525 KB, 1000x432
>>2352333
this might be better actually. make you initial points. your DVP will intersect the corners of each square
>>
>>2352346
On your first pic, you have two points marked on orthogonal line towards right VP.

On my pic, i have one.

How did you find second to-be-marked-point? It cant be random since we are building perfect square.
>>
>>2352370
>>2352346

Basically, how do i go from my pic to your first pic?
>>
>>2352370
well you get to choose the length of the points between your grid. so pick two points like in the first example. you continue your lines past the points. so in example 2, draw a line from your dvp through the corner of your original points until it intersects the line from the LVP in my image. take that point and connect it to the RVP.
>>
>>2352400
So first two points ARE random, its just further construction behaves accordingly and thus symmetry is achieved?
>>
>>2352392
okay give me a minute i can explain in better with a picture
>>
File: grid.png (41 KB, 1308x536) Image search: [Google]
grid.png
41 KB, 1308x536
>>2352407
basically yes.
using the line from the dvp as point one. make a point 2 from either lvp or rvp, depending on where things are placed.
make a line to point 1 (blue)
make a second line for your new box(the red line) coming from rvp making sure it passed the where the line from your DVP and LVP intersect. now using >>2352333
you can find your next point on the grid to make even boxes. always make sure the dvp line lines up in the corner of each box in the grid like it shows in the other examples.

basically build a first square, replicate it lol.
>>
>>2352434
shit blue line goes to point 2 kek, hopefully it makes sense anyways
>>
>>2352439
Yeah, thanks, i understand the method now.

Hopefully, with /ic/ help and shuffling through Norling, Robertson and this one i'll eventually get everything from perspective sorted out in my brain lol.
>>
>>2352082
it can't be clearer, there says that you can use it to DRAW A SQUARE or a grid (a correct one, unlike the method of that hack of scott roberston)

but seriously, who cares for those archaic methods, just learn some 3d model software. blender is free and great for that kind of shit.
>>
>>2352478
We can simply learn both.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.