[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Drawing from life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: propane.jpg (56 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
propane.jpg
56 KB, 500x750
Everything I read and hear all say that drawing from life is the single most important thing for an artist

I have the problem though that I dont have any models for me.

I have looked for any figure or life drawing sessions near where I am and there are none, I dont have anyone who will model for me, and I definitely cant pay for a stranger to model.

I can of course sketch people in public , but you can rarely get a long pose or drawing from anyone, and I feel like a creep doing that anyway.

So any solutions? I have used some resources like photo references but I am afraid I am not learning what I could be by drawing from life
>>
>>2351400
you could ask friends or family, if you got any.
>>
>>2351400
For now, try the new masters academy on YouTube. I know you want to draw models models from life but if you have nothing you are sol.
>>
take a long bus or metro trip and sketch people who are trapped in a single position

if you're familiar with gesture drawing then you can churn out lots of quick sketches
>>
Look for statues, they are the next best thing.
>>
life drawing is overrated as fuck, just get good at studying images of people first, and once you get pretty good at that to where you can't really learn much more, you should start worrying about finding a life drawing place to go to.

another thing is once you get good at drawing from images and understand the human figure, once you see a pose someone makes for even a second, say they are walking, you can kind of take a mental snapshot of it and quickly get the gesture down to build your drawing off.

personally i don't think you learn to get good at figure drawing much faster learning from life than from images, but there is kind of a bottleneck after that
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.