[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of Kienan Lafferty's How-To youtube videos?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: mika___2016_by_knkl-d9mwk4g.jpg (119 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
mika___2016_by_knkl-d9mwk4g.jpg
119 KB, 900x900
His non-art videos always pick me up when I'm in a bad mood, but as far as his How-To videos go, I'm not sure if I can say that they're really helpful or not.

Your opinions?
>>
>>2350834
Kienan Lafferty pls go.
>>
Isn't he some kind of sandnigger?
That's points off right there.
>>
>>2350844

>>>/pol/

Sandnigger's skill compared to you is night and day.
>>
>>2350844

jesus man...
>>
>>2350834
it my opinion kienan is just like sycra, but he has a more successful professional life so /ic/ can't shit on him so is ignored
>>
>>2350844
your thinking of Ahmed Aldoori
>>
>>2350873
and is ignored*
whatever
>>
>>2350834
I think he's doing a pretty poor job at teaching anything. There's a good thought out tip every once in a while though. I enjoy his videos, but as a source of learning? The videos are close to useless.
>>
>>2350886

Ever thought the problem might be you're just too stupid?
>>
>>2350890

Too obvious Kienan. Go shill somewhere else.
>>
>>2350834
i like him as a tutorialist, BUT HOLY SHIT THAT GUY IS ANNOYING. And he cant condense for shit. I guess hed be good for a certain demographic, which REALLY doesn't match with the chans.

KLK 8/10 will keep the sub
>>
>>2350834
i like that image, nice advertising OP.
>>
Who?
>>
File: please.png (1 MB, 1241x884) Image search: [Google]
please.png
1 MB, 1241x884
>>2350930
>these stupid ass faces on the video thumbnails
I haven't even watched any of his videos yet and I can already tell he's probably trying to appeal to the ~10-14 yr old crowd.
>>
>>2351403
Not quite working, judging by his views.
By the way: holy fuck that's cringy, the art in the OP looked nice and I was about to check it out but it just seems like I'd have a shitty time watching him. Looks more like a gamer channel than an art one. And yes, art is very fun, but I don't even have to explain why putting stupid faces on your thumbs is not the best way to make your art videos give a message of "fun". It works for gamers and reactors because kids see that retarded face and want to see what happens for them to react like that, but there's nothing surprising to react to when you talk about art. It confuses me, since the title of the video actually sounds like something I could be interested in watching, but it was suddenly pasted on top of a minecraft thumbnail. Am I writing too much? ok.

Also
>power-of-disgust.jpg
Indeed.
>>
>>2350844
you will never make it anon.
>>
>>2351411
>>2351403
that's vlogging marketing 101, if the video's even remotely jokey and your face is gonna be in it you put a silly picture of your face in the thumbnail. sure, it's annoying and obnoxious but that's what most people on the net tend to like (not just little kids), and even then, of the people who find those thumbnails dumb and annoying most won't let that stop them from trying the videos and then judging them by the content there in cause, y'know "judging a book by it's cover" or what have you.

the hyper-judgemental-and-easily-turned-off-by-tiny-things niche is an incredibly small yet insanely vocal minority that anyone in their right mind doesn't even attempt to bother with unless they happen to be one themselves, and even then they quickly learn how volatile a demo it is and tend to give up.

so yeah, not saying you guys are part of what i just described, but it's statistically in your favor marketing wise to pander in terms of how you (for lack of a better word) advertise yourself, as long as you keep it from directly affect your actual content (aka make what you wanna make, don't be fake, be yourself (unless you're an asshole, then work on not being an asshole))
>>
>>2351411
>Looks more like a gamer channel than an art one
He was inspired by Day9 Daily. He kept calling his videos dailies even though it's only twice a week. He corrects himself every time, but sometimes "daily" still slips in there.

>Not quite working, judging by his views.
The videos with his face as a thumbnail are his "thoughtful thursday" or something like that. It's just him masturbating his thoughts and experiences. There's no art in those videos.

He probably could get more views if he actually tried. He doesn't answer comments on his facebook page or youtube channel. He does his stream, informs that his PSDs are on his patreon and then he uploads the video to youtube after that. It's a minimum effort kind of thing.
>>
>>2351403
>>>2350930

same as ross tran. you essentially sell your dignity and self respect for massive, massive amounts of traffic. it's prostitution, since the money they make is very real.
>>
>>2351403
Is he a neanderthal that just thawed out?
What is with this guys facial hair and face?
He looks like a human/Monchhichi hybrid.
>>
>>2351932

He worked at Riot, so he's clearly doing better than you.
>>
>>2352039
>herp derp he had a job
>take that huehuehue
>>
>>2350844
he lives in utah so i would say he might be native american.
>>2350834
i think he used to work with riot? he sure has experience i personally dont care for his more animuh style and his more commercial style to me just says "concept artist #0000" so meh its great but i'm moving on.
>>
>>2352039
>>2352058
I like how working for Riot is his crowning achievement to you.
A lot of artists have worked for Riot. Doesn't make them special. You LOL fags kill me.
>>
File: 1439184297147.jpg (111 KB, 777x499) Image search: [Google]
1439184297147.jpg
111 KB, 777x499
>>2352079
>because working for a multi-million dollar company isn't an achievement
>>
File: 1451859320042.jpg (28 KB, 467x423) Image search: [Google]
1451859320042.jpg
28 KB, 467x423
>>2352141
>working at a McDonald's and Walmart is an achievement now
>>
>>2352220
>Comparing a company that employs hundreds of thousands to a company that employs no more than a single thousand
>>
>>2352220
If you're ceo sure.
>>
>>2352238
>backpedalling this hard
>>
>>2352141
hhhhnnnngh
>>
>>2352079
It's his crowning achievement insofar as he was once their top man, and he got replaced by outsourcing his work to a european firm. He was a splash artist, but after firing him they didn't make in-house splash arts. They only had concept artists. Don't know anything about now, that was like two years ago.
>>
I like him. He puts a lot of effort into explaining things and he does multiple videos for them. The thumbnails may be ugly but he's no where near annoying like Ross Tran is. Far from it. Though tbf to ross he does give decent explanations in his patreon package.
>>
>>2352494
Is Ross Tran's stuff out there in any public torrent trackers? I tried searching one day and didn't get anything.
>>
>>2353308
Same here. I hope at least one thing from all of that stuff sees the light of day for us poorfags. I wonder if any of his patreons browses /ic/.
>>
File: 4r6.jpg (5 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
4r6.jpg
5 KB, 276x183
>>2350873
Watching Sycra's vids will cause your art skill to regress
>>
>>2352274
lol what thats not back pedaling you retard
>>
>>2352285
He left Riot because they stepped up their splash game and he didn't want to put in the extra work they now require. Kind of disappointing, but you can't really blame him. Now he just does freelance work for them every now and then.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.