[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Form Thread #1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: hadago1.jpg (140 KB, 700x1228) Image search: [Google]
hadago1.jpg
140 KB, 700x1228
Hey guys I was wondering if I could start a daily/weekly thread which focuses on learning form and developing form.

After being here for years lurking and posting anonymously, I've found that a lot of beginners have major problems in developing/seeing form, I've noticed many other artists that are highly skilled in certain areas also lacking in this area.

So I thought, lets make a daily/weekly thread that focuses on simplifying and teaching the topic of form, this thread can be contributed to by the intermediate level anons in the board.

Its ultimately to help people learn what form is, how it works, how it affects painting and every other question related to it.

I'm thinking of making general tasks and guidelines. The goal is for beginners and intermediates alike to work together to complete said task and learn from one another.

For example, an intermediate level artist will complete the task to a good standard, then a beginner might look at the study and then reply to it asking how he/she did the study or certain elements relating to it.

Ideally, intermediate artists should also try to make a process, using gyazo or something to take screenshots throughout doing the task.

Pic related, I did a plate study from a reference provided in an old draw thread and found that it was very useful way of rendering out a solid image. The thread can also be contributed to by posting relevant reference material.

I'm only really going to put effort into the thread if anons would like to have something like this.

So who's up for it, would like to hear your comments?
>>
Beginner here, slowly working with line and feel like getting less shit (well, by beginner standards anyway). Terrified as fuck of form through value.
As such, incredibly interested in what happens with this thread.
>>
your pic seems like observational copying without much focus on form
>>
>>2350506
>that fucking 6th pic
>>
File: davidstudy2.jpg (279 KB, 800x1667) Image search: [Google]
davidstudy2.jpg
279 KB, 800x1667
>>2350509
>>2350506

I made a poll, vote here:

http://www.poll-maker.com/poll544593x84d94487-23
>>
>>2350512

Not claiming to be a master here. Which is why I am asking for other intermediate to advanced artists on this board to help me out.
>>
pretty neat idea.

weekly study would be better. if it's daily, it's hassle to give another study everyday because this thread is kind of new.. so far from what i observe in /ic/. start weekly then we'll see if many anons are interested then we can bump it to daily.
>>
>>2350526

You're right, we should take it slowly, we could end up keeping the thread alive for a few days anyways.
>>
>>2350516
statues and master studies from good ol' traditional artists.
also human figures can help.. hmm.
it should be in HQ quality.

then if this keeps going, environment shit can help too for practicing values and shapes (not too detailed, just to get the understanding of that shit).
>>
File: 1439073848256.jpg (125 KB, 1448x2048) Image search: [Google]
1439073848256.jpg
125 KB, 1448x2048
>>2350506
Why post some shitty attempt and not the original?
>>
>>2350512
I'd presume that's pretty much what he's done considering it's a study of somebody else's study where they already simplified the forms in shapes, rather than from a reference of the actual cast.
Nothing wrong with studying from artists better than you though just to be clear, not trying to shit talk you OP.
And oops while I was typing this with the image I was talking about somebody already went and posted it before I could. >>2350577
>>
>>2350577

yah, I wanted to learn the method, this dude is clearly a lot better than me. Also, I didn't save the image, I kept it on google whilst doing the process.

so far the poll seems in favor of a weekly, I'll start the thread properly and we'll see how it goes.
>>
>>2350509
This is me.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.