[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do people draw backgrounds like pic related? Is it true they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4
How do people draw backgrounds like pic related? Is it true they take a photo of random place somwhere in Japan and just draw over it?
>>
http://rimatai.blog.fc2.com/
>>
>>2350439
That is what I was looking for, thanks anon
>>
>>2350439
That's good to know, but is there any video out there that shows the background creation full process? I always only stuffs for characters. What kind of textures and brushes do they use?
>>
File: 1446605858476.jpg (359 KB, 2754x2000) Image search: [Google]
1446605858476.jpg
359 KB, 2754x2000
>>2350482
No video, but here's a workflow image. Not sure what the japanese text says, but from what I can tell, they mostly focus on color corrections to get the color temperature and lighting to fit the mood they are going for. Then they add a filter to remove unnecessary detail and the rest is straight forward painting with what looks like a rather standard round brushes.
>>
>>2350522
Already knew this picture, was asking for more. ideally a video.

Also, this one is a full paintover. Was a bit more interested in seeing how they dealt with background that weren't totally traced, if not at all, like for fantasy series.
>>
File: tumblr_kttxhc2YOS1qzdvq7o1_500.jpg (77 KB, 500x615) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_kttxhc2YOS1qzdvq7o1_500.jpg
77 KB, 500x615
>>2350439
Man, those japs really know how to glorify and make actually shitty looking places into something comfy. It's like comparing an architect's rendering with the result.
>>
File: CJRLpd4UcAA5FwR.webm (471 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
CJRLpd4UcAA5FwR.webm
471 KB, 800x450
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdVopz5ZDa8
>>
>>2350439
anime is a lie
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.