[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Drawing Habits on a Wacom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: niggalearnin.jpg (109 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
niggalearnin.jpg
109 KB, 480x640
I have an Intuos 4 Medium

I am trying to fight some bad habits I have developed over years of drawing with tablets

Hunching over

and more importantly mainly drawing with wrist, rarely the elbow and never the shoulder

I always have my tablet flat on the table, no stand for it , idk if people even do that for theirs

But I want to use my elbow and shoulder more to draw, I feel I will get better lines that way , but the position and size of the tablet makes it very hard to do compared to using an easel

To draw with my elbow or shoulder I cant rest my hand on the table or tablet I have to keep it lifted the whole time and it gets tiring fast

Idk if anyone has any recommendations on how they do it or if anyone has managed to relearn bad habits I would appreciate some advice
>>
Oftentimes I have my tablet propped on the edge of my desk, the bottom against my stomach, which can give you that tilt. Part of it is just forcing yourself to build the habit of using your elbow. I feel like with the space of a tablet using the shoulder isn't that convenient anyway.
>>
>>2349759

Yeah, I'm always leaned back, relaxed with the tablet resting in my left arm like a sketchbook. Pretty much exactly the same posture I have when life drawing.

I can't even imagine trying to draw with the table flat on the desk desu. Just practice the posture for a few weeks

Ps: I use the same model, it's like I'm you in the future
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.