[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok, so I no longer give a shit or feel bad everytime some autistic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1424701687483.jpg (19 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1424701687483.jpg
19 KB, 500x333
Ok, so I no longer give a shit or feel bad everytime some autistic fuck tell me I should study drawing foundamentals.

I know I'm not the best, but I've seen worse shit on professional works on anime and cartoons on TV.

So, my question is, stop giving a fuck about other people opinions means I have mature as artist?

Of course I don't mean I don't wanna keep improving nor studying anatomy, just that perfection is impossible, maybe some time a drawing will have a mistake you overlook or another reason why it fails, and sometimes your drawing will be extremelly popular or sometimes you'll draw a really good piece.

And this is completely normal, sometimes a drawing will suck, and that's normal.

Sometimes you need to let it go that negative view of feeling bad whenever someone doesn't like your drawings or tells you you suck.

Sometimes being productive is more important, and I do feel that sometimes quantity is more important than quality.

There's products that are pretty bad in quality, like the attack on titan manga, but the guy produces a chapter every week while many of the top faggots here only complain.
>>
Jesus Christ anon, no need to get so buttfrastrated over criticism
>>
>I know I'm not the best, but I've seen worse shit on professional works on anime and cartoons on TV.

Post your work fampai
>>
>>2349385
Just because others do worse work doesn't give you an excuse to give up when you reach their level.

You should motivate yourself constantly to improve yourself because you want to be better, not because others say you aren't good enough.
>>
>>2349385
>I know I'm not the best, but I've seen worse shit on professional works on anime and cartoons on TV.

Not really. Remember that with professionals stylization is a concious choice, all of them could make perfect anatomical figures if they chose so.

You can't. That's why you suck and don't have money.
>>
>stop giving a fuck about other people opinions means I have mature as artist?

No.
Learn to distinguish what opinions are worth listening to and which ones aren't. And that doesn't mean "listen to everyone who praises you and ignore all the haters" it means don't bother with the people who reply "it's shit" but when people go "it's shit and here's why" you should reflect on that.
It also means you should try not to let praise go to your head. People who know less about art will see less that's wrong with yours. Getting a large audience and lots of praise isn't entirely a skill-based endeavor.
>>
>>2349443

>all of them could make perfect anatomical figures if they chose so.

Can you post that shitty "to do this you must also be able to do this" image meme comparing kitsch anime style to an experienced russian anatomical illustrator to put the point home?

"All of them" definitely could not make perfect anatomical figures. Not even people who make anatomical figures for a living can make perfect anatomical figures every time. Some of them might not even be that good at making anatomical figures at all, I guarantee you if you've been drawing a cartoon for like 5 years and haven't been keeping other skills up to speed, you won't magically be good at them. There's no guarantee they were that good at them before stylizing in the first place.
>>
>>2349466
pretty much this.

to draw good anime you don't need realism, otherwise why 99.9% of anime has some basic mistakes, like drawing figures without perspective and mixing soft shading with hard shadows in the same figure.

Hell, all anime artists do that, even pro shit from elite studios.
>>
>>2349385
people here love to crit. Like they get off to it.

Thing is that doesn't mean they are right. Dumb fucks will crit anatomy of a photo and get pissy when someone doesn't take their advice 100% of the time.

Basically, take crits as opinions and suggestions. You don't always have to do everything people say.

perfection is imperfection. It's what gives paintings life and character.
>>
ITT: Retreat zone for those who told they were shit.
>>
File: 1345042062515.jpg (1 MB, 1446x2245) Image search: [Google]
1345042062515.jpg
1 MB, 1446x2245
>>2349468
You do understand that it's not the same artist doing the entire animation including final lineart, coloring and shading, right? The key frame animators, even for your average tv moveshit anime are almost always excellent draftsmen. That's why they have a better job and get paid 10 times more than the people doing the rest of the work. All the shit tier drawings you see in anime are from fill frames done under extremely tight deadlines, drawn by underpaid assembly line animators. Just like the coloring and shading.

To draw good anime, you don't need to be a realist master, that's for sure, but you do need an outstanding understanding of perspective, volume, weight / balance, gesture and proportions etc.

Also, somehow people keep assuming that anime is all figures with big eyes and that's it. How do you think japanese animators animate car chase scenes or mecha battles, fight jets, all kinds of crazy complex military shit, animals, weapons etc without an incredibly strong understanding of the fundamentals? It is always fucking hilarious to me when people who have no idea how difficult animation actually is judge all anime based on some fucking still frames where a figure was drawn rushed and with slightly off anatomy.

No one on /ic/, no one, not Catbib or Tehmeh or Teal or anyone else is even 10% as good of a draftsman as an average keyframe animator, western or japanese.
>>
>>2349517
There is that one guy...maybe you?...that is pretty good animator on this board. I wouldn't go so far as to say teal isn't even 10% as i've seen some grasp of animation from him as well.

Tehmeh and catbib is shit tho.
>>
>>2349517

I wanted to respond to a guy replying to my post >>2349466 , but you basically exhausted the topic.
>>
>>2349501
Yeah. Notice how, despite 'not caring' op has yet to post his work
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.