[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
first self portrait (oil)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
Should I continue arting, or be a socially enept hobo for the rest of my life?
>>
File: 1437517872503.png (27 KB, 299x200) Image search: [Google]
1437517872503.png
27 KB, 299x200
>>2348598
>Should I continue arting

did someone give u the impression you shouldn't?

> socially enept hobo for the rest of my life?

art/job, do both?
>>
>>2348598
head is massive because you haven't accounted for the camera distortion, and the outstretched arm makes it obvious the painting is based on some lame selfie.

if it's a self-portrait, why are you using a photograph at all? set up a mirror and paint your face from life.
>>
>>2348605
It was for a class I was in, paintings from a self photo was mandatory.
>>
>>2348604
Often told painting is a waste of time/money
>>
>>2348609
>paintings from a self photo was mandatory
you should've kept that part to yourself. abandon thread
>>
>>2348609
Well then your teacher gets the blame for being retarded.

Even still, you could have used a much better photo. the camera needs to be much further from the face to prevent distortion. have someone else take the photo, and having some background, narrative, or hint of emotion couldn't hurt either.
>>
>>2348598
>socially enept hobo for the rest of my life?

Get a job, do art as a hobby. Move to art in 5 years when you get gut and don't have career.

I seriously don't understand people that want to be designers/illustrators from the get go without any other skills than loomis.
>>
>>2348611
>Often told painting is a waste of time/money

its "your" time do what you want with it.
>>
>>2348598
Just keep arting. A lot of us produce shit initially but do we ever stop? HELL NO!
>>
>>2348598
Do it as a hobby, but definitively don't expect money out of it.
>>
OP, can I buy you dinner? (srs)

>>2348598
>Should I continue arting, or be a socially enept hobo for the rest of my life?

those aren't mutually exclusive.
>>
>>2348598
It's good for a first attempt.

The colours are a bit mushy, the blonde , reds and brown. a bit of contrast would have helped.

The composition is mad, why cut off the top of your head? was your mirror too small?
>>
>>2348598
Please let me pleasure you, you sweet little thing.
>>
>im a girl btw
>>
File: IMAG0364_1.jpg (490 KB, 2910x2099) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0364_1.jpg
490 KB, 2910x2099
Think I have a chance at game art? 1St attempt with acrylics.
>>
>>
>>2349018
>It's good for a first attempt.

but is it though? first ever oil painting - yeah that's what they look like

by their hundreds of thousands
>>
>>2349056
Omg, go back /co/ with that shit.
>>
>>2349062
>>
>>2349071
that's some 9gag shit, fuck out of here
>>
>>2348598
Ay bb lemme build some construction in ur anatomy
>>
You look like you wanna thank me for having the best day on your life
>>
>>2348598
Lauryn?
>>
>>2348611
I laze around all day, it's also a waste of time and money. What I did is a real waste, while what you did was keep learning by each brush stroke. They said it's a waste because they think it can't generate money.
>>
>>2348611
its a waste if you dont learn to SEE or construct things properly. If you knew how to sketch and see the shapes of your face correctly then this would have been a close to perfect looking painting. Its great for a first attempt but has obvious shortcomings due to lack of skill.
>>
>>2348598
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>2353587
the fuck does that even mean you crazy kraut?
>>
>>2348598
Is this a humblebrag?
About things like angle and deformation it shouldn't matter if done consciously, in fact it could become your signature style
>>
>>2348598
Don't call it "arting". Respect art and it'll respect your efforts over time.

Keep drawing and painting. Art is a jealous god, and if you don't keep trying to satisfy this god, you will be doomed to never knowing your true self.
>>
>>2348598
Does you have fetal alcohol syndrome in real life? If so it's a great likeness
>>
>>2358471
*DO you thanks autocorrect, maybe I have FAS.
>>
>>2349433
I just wanted to let you guys know that I posted this last week and I'm a total beginner lol. I wonder how many other beginners are giving people advice like I did XD
>>
How much for a blowjob?
>>
>>2348598
Were u going for the "antz" look?
>>
>>2348598
>beginner thread
>>
>>2348598
your idea of making it look like a selfie is boring and cheap.
>>
File: 2.jpg (4 MB, 1629x2195) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
4 MB, 1629x2195
>>2348598
Hey, OP, this is my selfportrait
felt-tip pen on spiral bound notebook paper
>>
>>2355861
Faggot
>>
>>2348598
kayden kross woul you marry me ?
im french also
>>
>>2361865
Send this in to disney

Pretty sure this will be the next Jungle-Book
>>
>btw im a girl
>>
>>2361324
seconding that
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.