[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Art Academy 3DS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 81TbzxbeZnL._SL1500_.jpg (327 KB, 1500x1323) Image search: [Google]
81TbzxbeZnL._SL1500_.jpg
327 KB, 1500x1323
Anyone tried this out? I don't expect it to be a substitute for real study but it's somewhat cheap and I need something to do on the commute to and from Uni.

Seems like it's just a glorified paint/art program but does it teach you anything?
>>
>>2345927
>Art Academy 3DS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNuGxUj0MRg
See by yourself.
>>
If you want to be good at drawing on a 3DS, sure.

Also was kind of annoyed how the Pokemon 3DS version had markers and layers while the Wii U version doesn't.
>>
>>2345927

The one on the WiiU, Art Academy: Atelier/Art Academy: Home Studio looks much better actually.
>>
for quick/serious painting & study, colors 3d is probably better & more intuitive.
here's some stuff whit brachna did with it

http://colorslive.com/author?id=904

art academy is interesting though. you have to mix your own palette & there's no undo, so it's fun to experiment with.
>>
>>2346589

Do you think ps vita or 3ds is a better platform for colors?
>>
3DS has no pressure sensitivity though.
>>
>>2346589
i only have a 3ds, so i can't speak for the vita version. having two screens is nice, although the brightness is slightly different between them and the 3d gimmick is fun.

the big oled screen on the vita would probably be good for painting though.

>>2346668
pressure sensitivity isn't that useful desu.
>>
>>2345927
I have it for ds it is fun, but not useful for studys.
Ok for fast drawings when you are on the trip.
>>
>>2346668
just learn how to see shapes and value properly gawsh
>>
>>2346589
i remember colors on the ds when it was homebrew

it's just a basic painting app to meh
>>
If you are completely new at drawing I think it can give you something. I tried the art academy for normal ds and it was very basic stuff that it thought but for complete beginner it might be good because its a game and can be more fun that watching youtube tutorial about how to basic shadows or shit.
Still probably not gonna offer much for anyone here
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.