[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me >get a pad tablet because I'm poor as fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: P17EK2P.png (284 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
P17EK2P.png
284 KB, 1600x900
>be me
>get a pad tablet because I'm poor as fuck
>draw with it
>this fucking thing appears

How do people get so good without a screen? I know practice is a major factor, but is there other advice?
>>
>Flash 5

What the fuck, nigga?
>>
>>2345794
I actually have personal and legit reasons why I'm using this ancient technology that I won't get into.
>>
>>2345788
>I know practice is a major factor
It's the only factor mate, sorry.
>>
>>2345814
Ah, I believe it. I was just wondering if there was something more, or even if there are multiple ways to practice. I think I'll try tracing images to get this all down. It's really hard using a pad tablet.
>>
A big part of it is that you are using the Flash brush, which is trash, even in versions like Flash 8 which are infamous for having a "decent" brush tool.

Try grabbing an old version of Photoshop or something. Practice with that first. Your tablet may have come with Painter Essentials or some shit, that would be okay... http://www.getpaint.net/index.html is better... https://krita.org/ might be good too but I dunno. Never used it before.
>>
>>2345788
holy fucking shit this is ancient as fuck.
>>
so if you practice enough at overcoming the disconnect with the separate screen, can you get results as good as a cintiq?
>>
>>2345883
Yes, maybe even better (no hand in the way, no awkward angle to deal with). A real problem is tablet real estate though, you definitely want a large or medium tablet.
>>
>>2345806
Kek
Just pirate recent versions of Flash
Stop being a poorfag
>>
Pad tablet??
>>
>>2345962
Basically a drawing tablet without a screen. Dunno if there's a better term for it.
>>
>>2346079
yeah, it's called a tablet.
>>
As an animator i prefer tablet to screen honestly, just takes practiec and not a shitty program (why the fuck are you using flash 5?).

Get toonboom and join us in 2016.
>>
>>2345788

Getting used to the smooth surface with no drag compared to paper is one thing.
>>
>>2345788
Honestly, I've been using a tablet regularly for over three years and I still find paper much easier and more intuitive. It probably takes me less than half the time to get a good sketch/lines done on paper than it does on the tablet.
>>
It eventually becomes second nature friend, do you have to look at a controller everytime you play? Or a keybard everytime you type?
>>
>>2345788

You aren't a bad artist, flash is just bad for drawing.

Check out Toonboom and TVpaint.
>>
>>2345806

I want to hear those legit reasons because jesus fuck anon flash is deprecated
>>
>>2346079

I know what a graphics tablet is, "Pad Tablet" seemed like an odd brand I've never heard of
>>
>lazynezumi.com
>>
>>2346680
That's a pretty good analogy, actually.

>>2346741
I have that downloaded. Almost forgot all about it!
>>
I actually really enjoy not having to look at my gross bony hand while drawing on my poorfag tablet. win/win for me
>>
>>2345788
Since you seem keen on drawing in Flash (and Flash 5 of all things), there's an option where you can disable the autosmooth feature. Please do that.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.