[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The sticky is too advanced. I've been learning to draw on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: IDidItTum.png (22 KB, 900x550) Image search: [Google]
IDidItTum.png
22 KB, 900x550
The sticky is too advanced. I've been learning to draw on an Intuos Draw tablet for a day now, and my line work is childish. I think I might be able to get better by just drawing simple shapes for weeks then slowly improve and move onto shading and such, but I've heard you guys talk about "practicing wrong." Is un-curated practicing a bad idea for someone who is drawing at a ten year old level?
>>
I think I'm not good enough to jump into Loomis yet
>>
Draw some stuff from reference.
Look at your drawing and focus on the parts that differ the most from the refference.
Draw it again and try to correct your mistakes.
Repeat this process with another references till you get good.
>>
If Loomis is giving you trouble watch some of Proko's videos for starters, he covers similar concepts and once you get those you should ideally be able to understand what Loomis is getting at. Loomis is suggested not because he's the only option, but because he generally covers the things you need starting out.
If Proko goes over your head you're hopeless though.
>>
>>2345685

I'm doing fine in Keys to Drawing and a good portion of life drawing, but when it comes to Fun with a Pencil, I feel... retarded.
I don't know what to do.
>>
File: 1451714399333.png (8 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1451714399333.png
8 KB, 400x400
Do you guys usually also read the book or just go straight to the drawing bits?
>>
>>2347279

I do, for conceptual understanding of why I'm doing the things I'm doing and what I should be getting out of the exercise.

Although, the sticky says some of it could be rambling or pseudoscience, so I really don't know how effective it would be.
>>
>>2347279
I've been reading Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain and I like it, but I usually skim until I get to the exercise instructions. The exercises are good, but damn she likes to ramble on about how the brain does whatever the fuck. Like damn I get it, draw the shapes instead of drawing what you think you see
>>
>>2345684
1. Lines & curves
2. 2D shapes (circles, squares, etc.)
3. 3D shapes (cubes, cylinders, prisms, cones) & perspective
4. More perspective & light values
etc., etc.
>>
>>2345684
>drawabox.com
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.