[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would /ic/ do if they won the Powerball lottery? It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (871 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
871 KB, 1200x800
What would /ic/ do if they won the Powerball lottery? It's up to 1.5 Billion dollars right now.

Would you still try and git gud? Would you still try and make it professionally? Would you use your new fortune to finance your dream art project?
>>
>100 on top
>the rest is ones
lol
>>
>>2345028

I would go to FZD school.
>>
>>2345028
To add a more definitive spin to your question:
At the new year party at our local crafts/arts workshop everyone was, in fact, given a state loto ticket (just fot shit and giggles, largely, but, hey — you never know).
If I would have won I would probably spend a large chunk of it to get large-scale glassworking equipment installed, glassblowing lathe, etc.
>>
File: Jew_rampage.jpg (44 KB, 519x429) Image search: [Google]
Jew_rampage.jpg
44 KB, 519x429
>>2345028
>unironically paying the dumbass tax.
fampai there's a bigger chance of you getting hit by lighting while getting blown by a shark and taking a selfie with loomis than you winning the lottery. those numbers are clearly being manipulated to create hype, i've seen morons giving over 50 bucks in lottery tickets, pathetic.
>>
>>2345028
Would share an amount with other artist
>>
>>2345047
>implying anyone here is actually planning to play loto as a reliable way to get rich
>>
>>2345047
It's a $2 ticket for a chance to win $1.5 billion. You'd be stupid not to try.
>>
I'd buy myself a huge house
Fill it with all kinds of art supplies and pay Jeff Warts to suck my dick while he teaches me art at home
>>
I'd continue with art, I have never and will continue to not try to make it professionally - sounds like a lot of needless stress once you've already got more money than you could ever spend.

As someone who loves history and loves art, being independently wealthy to pursue my generally unprofitable hobbies is the dream. I don't even really want a big house or a nice car, just a really really nice office.
>>
I would buy and expand my local atelier
>>
>>2345028
Nigga u fucking srs?

>pay off all debts
>invest
>buy fancy art shit
>neetmode activated
>maybe attend an art school
>>
Well I'm a hobbyist, if I did art full time I'd get burned out and say fuck it.

I'd probably keep doing what I'm doing with a increase to my standard of living. I'd probably buy a cintiq though so I could post pictures of me and my badly drawn animu on it just to shitpost on /ic/
>>
>>2345082

Would you really? I feel like everyone says they would go full NEET but would end up spending their life watching Netflix in their own movie theatre.
>>
>>2345084
>Would you really? I feel like everyone says they would go full NEET but would end up spending their life watching Netflix in their own movie theatre.
Having fun isn't as much as much fun as working in my opinion. If it's art I mean, not a day job.
>>
>>2345058
>I don't understand basic math
>>
>>2345132
Well, go ahead and post what the exact mathematical expectation of a prize is with 1.5 bill in the game.
>>
>>2345132

Even if it's a total pipe dream, I generally consider it worth it to trade a cup of coffee for the wildest chance of being ungodly rich.

>tfw I'm Canadian and if I won it the government would take at least 30% just for me to get it into the country
>>
>>2345136
The lottery distributes a sum of the money it collects, not the whole amount.
I don't know if the powerball lottery works the same way, but unless the total value of the prices exceeds the amount of money the lottery makes (even then, taxes on the grand prize realistically bring the total amount closer to 4-500 million) the average player will make a net loss, making it a poor investment.
However, since we naturally assess matters in a way that examines risk and reward, the lottery intuitively seems like a sound decision, when it is in fact not.
>>
>>2345159
Brah, you realize that jackpot can be accumulated over dozens of games and thus exceed even combined raw ticket sales for a particular game?
>>
beyond a certain point a bigger jackpot makes it less worth entering, your chances get smaller and smaller but more money has diminishing returns. When there is more money than you could ever spend who cares about another million.
>>
>>2345182
You seem to be mixing mathematics ans some existential BS.
In term of mathematics larger jackpot at the same ticket price and same number of players DOES make it more viable.
>>
>>2345132
>implying you do
buying 1 ticket increases your chances by a ridiculous amount. buying extra tickets is a waste since the increments of winning becomes ridiculously small, but the first ticket gives you teh possibility beyond picking one up off the street.
>>
>>2345170
Huh, cool. Still though, the current grand prize is at ~800 million dollar. Post taxes that should be about, what, 500? (no clue desu)
The odds for winning that are 292 million to one. If every ticket costs $2 you'd still not stand to gain money on average (or maybe you would, idk how the prize distribution works for this lottery).
That's of course assuming no one else wins the grand prize, then you'd have to factor in total participants and keep track of the likelihood that several people win and it all becomes a big mess

I was just going off the assumption that the lottery rakes in more cash that it gives out.
If the system works like you say then I imagine there'd be a critical sum, where buying a lottery ticket is a statistial gain in net worth.
>>
>>2345268
>The lottery rakes in more cash than it gives out

It does. About half of winnings get taxed, and most lottery winners blow through all their money within 3 generations, and all that money trickles its way back into being taxed.

I'd love to win the lottery just to have the dillema of being a statistic enough to play the lottery, but trying to not be a statistic in that I keep the wealth for more than 3 generations.
>>
>>2345028
I would start a video game company with me as the idea guy. I think I would still learn how to draw too.
>>
>>2345028
cocaine and hookers
>>
>>2345028
Bury me with my money
>>
>>2345028

I'd hire some artists and writers and make my big animation
>>
>>2345382

Haha I like it. I would do that too.
>>
I'd give most of the money to my family, then go buy a cabin far away from everyone and just draw and listen to podcasts and be a NEET for the rest of my life.

But yes, I'd still draw all the time.
>>
so whats are your numbers ic?
>>
>>2345028
>Pay debt
>Get out of this shitty country (Central america)
>Have some properties
>Spend time investing art
>Traveling watching art
>Trying to make short animated films.
>>
>>2345028
>Buy a car
>Buy dad a boat
>Buy mom a car
>Pay for little brother's college

>Buy a nice house
>Never work full time again, now pursue art seriously.
>>
>>2345028
>pay mum's debts
>buy mum a house
>pay little brother's education
>get corvette stingray
>get house
>get toppest tier art supplies
>get toppest tier workshop for /diy/ related projects
>open publishing house
>invite you fuckers to publish your shits with me
>invest in stock exchange
>build small apartment buildings
>yield apartments
>no longer work in my life
>>
I would still try to improve myself intellectually. A pleb with too much money is still a pleb.
>>
>>2345031
lol, nice catch
>>
>>2345382
Just start a publishing agency and hire companies to make the games you want.
Then you don't have to go begging to EA for distribution and have them meddle with your game.
>>
I'd buy a cabin and go neetmode innawoods.
Spend all time not doing art myself comissioning poor artists to do art for me and paying above average.
>>
>>2345028
Drawing is what I want to do, so yeah. I would probably get a tutor or go to art school though. If you have so much money you never need to work again, you better damn well have something to do with your time.
>>
Pay off mom's/dad's/my debt+give them like 2 or 3 mil
Start college fund for brother & sister
Give ~750k to close family and friends upon agreement that they can never ask me for money again. ever. tell everyone else i know to fuck off.
Start taking art/music/japanese lessons
Quit my job and hold on to the rest until i finish school.
After that, no clue.
>>
>>2345084
...isn't that the same thing?
>>
>>2345329
>within 3 generations
damn, thought it was usually within the winner's lifetime. 3 generations sounds pretty good considering the kind of people who buy tickets in the first place.
>>
>>2345028
I'd give up practicing medicine and take up my pencil again.
>>
Help my family out
Start a small company that would help other artists to create their own games, then it'll grow up
Get good artsy stuff that would last long (mac and etc)
Artbooks
Invest in stock exchange
enroll in financial seminars/courses so i wont fuck up
Do more artsy shit
>>
>>2345028
I'd stay in school for a very long time. Get a bachelor in printmaking, get one in painting, get one in graphic design,... (seeing as 1 year tuition fee is like 1k in Belgium). And then never worry about having to make money. I'd get a nice and large studio in a big city, and just do what the fuck I want all day, make what I want. And then maybe the money will help me make connections and get me some recognition with my art.
>>
I'd keep drawing as a hobby, but I wouldn't try do do commissions or anything anymore.
>>
>>2345058
Depends on the lottery. I think the 1.5 billion one is $10 a ticket.
>>
welp doesn't matter now lads, looks like it's being split three ways
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.