[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My art store has a sale and is selling some Senneliers watercolor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
My art store has a sale and is selling some Senneliers watercolor tubes on the cheap (£3.25)

What are the main set of tubes you recommend I get?
>>
>>2344868
Depends on what your are planning to draw, obviously.
Abstract space-related stuff will likely take blue/purple, women in red dresses will take lot's of red, etc, etc.
>>
>>2344894

For me it would be a starter pack, so the best primary choices of red/blue/yellow to get started and maybe some secondary etc
>>
If you are wanting to do portraits or life painting, Id go for Burnt Sienna, Burnt Umber and Yellow Ochre, vermillion, prussian blue,
opaque white, paynes gray, cadmium yellow and a purple, I use purple lake but I think thats a W&N exclusive.
>>
>>2345122
Get a green as well, like Hookers Green, but I don't use it too often in skintones
>>
Hijacking thread
I was looking around Staples for some office supplies and I saw that Staedtler apparently makes watercolors, anyone know how bad they are?
>>
>>2346039

If it's at Staples it's gonna be bad
>>
>>2346039
cheap and for children. get holbien. $20 for 12 5ml tubes on amazon
thats good for two halfpans
>>
For easy mixing get a warm and cool of each primary and other colors you find convenient, eg. cad red and alizarin crimson, french ultramarine and cerulean blue, etc.
Whatever you decide to get I recommend also getting a tube of burnt umber and either yellow ochre or raw sienna, maybe burnt sienna as well.

If you're filling empty pans I wouldn't buy Sennelier, since the honey in the paints will prevent the pans from drying properly.
>>
Bump, going to the store now and see if they have these colours. Cheerio
>>
update,

a bit unsurprisingly it didn't have a lot of the main colors you guys recommended, I could get the yellow but that's about it, and I picked random ones after that. these were my picks:

Indigo x3, Cadmium Red Purple, naples yellow, sennelier yellow light, alizarin crimson, lamp black, van gogh chinese white, rose madder lake, bright red

I love indigo but really not a great color to mix, so I took some White Nights pans to try to compensate what was missing:

ultramarine, russian blue, cadmium yellow medium, umber burnt, karmin

What do you think /ic/? and can I mix white night pans with sennelier or is that a big nono?
>>
>>2345124

oh shit i forgot aboot greens, they didn't have them for sennelier but will try to get one for whight nights or winsors
>>
>>2348582
>>2346064
Figures, I just thought it was weird seeing Staedtler making watercolors, think of them more as a pencil/drafting company
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.