[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHAT'S YOUR ENDGAME FOLKS?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: DaVinci_Mona-Lisa.jpg (1 MB, 2816x2112) Image search: [Google]
DaVinci_Mona-Lisa.jpg
1 MB, 2816x2112
WHAT'S YOUR ENDGAME FOLKS?
>>
I hate the Mona Lisa. I really do. But not for what it is. I hate that it's the symbol for "ART" the same way that a floppy disk is a symbol for saving your file.

...What were we talking about?
>>
>>2343361
going to bed
>>
>>2343414
I mean, it's not a BAD symbol... Think of it this way, at least it's not an abstract 2deep4u piece.
>>
Auto erotic asphyxiation.
>>
>>2343418
2deep4u is a misunderstanding of the concept of subjectivity filtered through the lense of someone who thinks they're objectively right in their subjective opinion because of one thing or another (read elitism)

the current cultural significance of the mona lisa is as a performative pop-art collective, aka: the reason most people care about the mona lisa is because most other people care about the mona lisa, aka: it is iconic
>>
>>2343437

And lets not forget that its fame comes largely from its theft. An event entirely irrelevant to its value in my opinion.
>>
>>2343416
>going to bed
When I go to bed, I like to go to bed completely exhausted. Then I feel like I really maxed out my day and gave it everything I had.

When I die, I want the same feeling. I want to be completely spent.
>>
There's no endgame, I picked drawing as a hobby and to have one more board to shitpost on.

Ok, actually my endgame is to last long enough to see half of /ic/ suicide.
>>
>>2343361
Git Gud.
>>
File: 1387810156466.png (866 KB, 504x693) Image search: [Google]
1387810156466.png
866 KB, 504x693
>Go to Louvre a month ago
>Enter that room
>like 50 people in front of the painting taking pictures (mostly asians)
>It's fucking tiny, why do people like this painting?
>Turn back
>HUGE painting on the opposite wall
>Nobody looking at it
>It's amazing, like a forest scene with knights and horses
>Nobody even notices it
>>
Do something that hasn't been done before.
>>
Get as good as my idols, and find my own niche along the way. Have my work hung in musuems. Its a long and painful road but im confident in myself that its possible.
>>
>>2343437
Well stated.
>>
>>2343361
There is no endgame.
A true artist always strives to improve himself
>>
>>2343538
Nigger, that's the "Noces de Cana" by Véronèse.I don't know ab out your knights and shit tho.
>>
>>2343653
He made that story up to seem cool because he was the only one who cared about the painting.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.