[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could someone redline for me, maybe give me some pointers.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Untitled-2 copy.png (561 KB, 1485x1208) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2 copy.png
561 KB, 1485x1208
Could someone redline for me, maybe give me some pointers.
>>
nigga just drag your picture over the reference and look at the differences
>>
rib cage is wrong, you've simplified the negative space around it too much.
it should really be two lines under the breast, not one. almost like a triangle, not just a curve going downwards.
>>
File: icc.png (356 KB, 1234x600) Image search: [Google]
icc.png
356 KB, 1234x600
you have to measure, then work on points, angles, outlines, interior lines, form (volumes), divide value zones in two, then in four, and so on
>>
>>2342312
Terrible approach if you actually want to learn something from your studies that you can apply to your figures from imagination. You are just mindlessly copying. Might as well just use a full grid or trace the figure.
>>
why redline when you can just move your drawing over the reference
>>
>>2342338
you're lecturing a begginer or yourself?

don't be stupid, first things first, you can't learn more advanced things that involve thinking in 3d space when he can't even understand 2D space

my approach is not mine, is traditional and it's the only one that works, measure and do the shit simple, over that sketch then he can start thinking in FORM, thinking form before nailing proportions is fucking dumb and expecting that some begginer can handle it without methodology is even dumber
>>
Thanks for the help guys, really appreciate it.
>>
>>2342312
Jesus Christy, that's horrible. Please don't teach others what you don't understand yourself.
>>
>>2342355
Your approach is mindlessly copying the subject with the help of a grid. It's not the worst kind of grid, but it's a disgusting grid. Even as a beginner you want to see shapes in what you are studying. Proportion will come by itself in mean time and so will form with the help of some studying. You will not improve your skill by using your method and if that is the one you're using atm, stop. If you want to develop somewhat quickly that is.
>>
>>2345861
I second the whole shapes thing (diff anon here) but its... its not the worst kind of bad. Maybe. It is a little.
It seems like the kind of tool you would start using when you are actively trying to improve but you already have solid foundations.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.